Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

After A Failed Post Utme, What Next? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / After A Failed Post Utme, What Next? (590 Views)

My Sister Scored 253 In The Last Utme,what Advice Do You Have For Us? / Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country / 2019 UTME: What We Discovered From Candidates – JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

After A Failed Post Utme, What Next? by micronut(m): 11:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
There is a way your past can guide your future and the best way to go about this is to learn a lesson from every experience and let it shape your future and may be that of others.

I have been saddled with the responsibility of guiding young school leavers in choosing career paths in the last few years and I do this unconsciously by bringing in my experience as a regular jamb writer to learn from my mistakes.

I finished high school at 16, and I didn't get into a degree programme until I was 21.

Those years turned me to an experienced school leaver and I hate to see young school leavers doing nothing when there is something atleast to be done.

In my days, there are just no mentor around, especially when you come from a humble background, where you dream to become the first graduate in your family. Lol.

I have learned and learnt.

In the last two days, I have been asked by too many admission seekers on what next after Post jamb failure, particularly in my home zone where lots have recently failed OAU post jamb and got "Not Eligible for Admission response" after the result was released two days ago.

To many, this is their first great taste of failure in life. Watching your mates going to school can be killing and depressing but really, there are lots that can be done once you have your 5 credits O level intact.

Like I told someone today, If you have failed your post utme exam, explore your polytechnic option.

If you can't go to OAU this year, nothing should stop you from learning at Yabatech or Fed Poly to earn an OND.. No knowledge is lost especially if your dream course is in Agriculture, technology and Engineering.

If you have a good OND certificate, at 20 or 21, you have a greater chance to start a working life early than your mates.

With OND, you can apply for low cadre jobs in military, paramilitary, civil service and even private firms.

Stereotypes or dichotomy doesn't affect OND like HND.. Don't be fooled. Start somewhere.

If you're science oriented, you can try School of health technology around.. Try these three courses; Community Health Extension Workers (CHEW), Medical Lab Technology and Pharmacy Technology. Trust me, you will smile after school. There are loads of opportunities in Nigerian healthcare industry for graduates in these field with OND.

If you are in Art, try Nigerian Institute of Journalism Lagos, (Korede Bello finished OND here), Vocational school at Ajase IPO Kwara state, French School Badagry, Nigerian film school Jos, Wale Adenuga PEFTI School, you can learn cinematography, directing, scriptwriting and even acting here and by the time your mates who passed this post jamb may be finishing, you may have become a young star in the Entertainment Industry already.

If yours is Agriculture, you may try MOOR plantation, and other Federal Colleges of Agriculture across Nigeria. There is one in Akure that you may visit to make enquiries. I once heard a 400l Animal Production student of FUTA saying School of Animal Production students Ibadan know better than many of them during an IT training. Knowledge is wisdom.

And if your parents are rich, try private universities. Don't waste your precious time cos every year you waste today will surely stand against you in years to come.

Don't be like us, learn from us.

Your admission year is not lost yet.

Go somewhere.

Learn something..

All the best..

Lateef Eluyemi © 2019
Follow me on Facebook or on Twitter @EluomoElu

Cc: Richiez,.Fynestboi & Olawalebabs.

(1) (Reply)

Be Informed On How Crude Oil Is Priced. / Is pharmacology a good course? / Can I Convert From Mls To Mbbs??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.