Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Is pharmacology a good course? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is pharmacology a good course? (608 Views)

Is Animal Science A Good Course?? / Is Pharmacology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria / What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is pharmacology a good course? by jaymorgan(m): 12:36am On Jun 17, 2020
I sat for UTME this year and to my dissatisfaction I scored 241. I opted to study medicine or pharmacy but due to my low score, I'm considering switching to pharmacology in OOU.
Because of my passion for medicine, I plan on getting DE form after my first degree. But apart from that, what other opportunities will I have as a pharmacologist?
Will there be chances for me in the labour market if I decide not to pursue medicine again?
As a student in the pharmacology department, is it possible to switch to pharmacy in the second year?
I need your advice.
Re: Is pharmacology a good course? by Nobody: 2:57am On Jun 17, 2020
jaymorgan:
I sat for UTME this year and to my dissatisfaction I scored 241. I opted to study medicine or pharmacy but due to my low score, I'm considering switching to pharmacology in OOU.
Because of my passion for medicine, I plan on getting DE form after my first degree. But apart from that, what other opportunities will I have as a pharmacologist?
Will there be chances for me in the labour market if I decide not to pursue medicine again?
As a student in the pharmacology department, is it possible to switch to pharmacy in the second year?
I need your advice.
Not really if you don't have connections for a top companies med rep job.
Otherwise, only sheer luck or extreme smartness will help you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is pharmacology a good course? by jaymorgan(m): 8:28am On Jun 17, 2020
WICKEDfucker:

Not really if you don't have connections for a top companies med rep job.
Otherwise, only sheer luck or extreme smartness will help you.
Thanks but does this mean that a degree holder in pharmacology won't be licensed by PCN?
Re: Is pharmacology a good course? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 17, 2020
jaymorgan:

Thanks but does this mean that a degree holder in pharmacology won't be licensed by PCN?
Never.
PCN doesn't give recognition to pharmacology degree holders in Anyways even though 70% of your courses is related to pharmacy courses.

The only chances you'll have to be on par with pharmacists is if you get employed to lecture like them.
Otherwise in Nigeria, the only opportunities you'll have is to work as a med rep for pharmaceutical industries and also maybe as researcher or analysts...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Endsars Protesters Are Fraudsters- Backcock University Lecturer / Esut Boycotts ASUU, Invites Army To Help Conduct Semester Exams / Autocad 2021 - How To Download And Install Autocad 2021 For Life!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.