Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Your Experience Needed For Toyota Prius - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Experience Needed For Toyota Prius (2176 Views)

The Good Old Days Of Toyota Prius / Pre-order 2008 Toyota Prius (1.8M, Hybrid Battery CERTIFIED OKAY) / Hybrid-electric Vehicles: Ask Mymotong (prius, Honda Insight, Camry Hybrid...) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Experience Needed For Toyota Prius by Nobody: 2:40am On Sep 13, 2019
I'm planning to buy a toyota prius. I'm considering 2005, 2006 to 2010 depending on the price.

1. My major concern is how low or cheap is the maintenance, i know it is very low in fuel consumption because its hybrid. But the prices of the parts? are the parts cheap?

2. The hybrid: like how much is the hybrid battery if it as issue because i specifically want to buy it because of the hybrid so that it can reduce fuel cost.

3. I've been seeing prices like 900k for nigerian use, i guess the hybrid or the battery is not working, if the hybrid is not working , like whats the cost of fixing the hybrid.

Thank you for your response in anticipation .
Re: Your Experience Needed For Toyota Prius by Jaydeehena: 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2019
Don't go near any naija used Prius, you will regret it.
Re: Your Experience Needed For Toyota Prius by TRYGO(m): 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2019
All of those cars are reliable and durable vehicles, especially the 05-06. They are like what you've in a Camry pencil light.Never dying. But problems are mainly HV battery packs, the ABS actuators, that, considering that they are old, would sure needs to be replaced, if you've never had one before. They are in the hundreds of thousands naira, considering that's what I fix in the shop.

The '10, not too strong like the previous models, but they are aesthetically beautiful, if that's what you're looking at.

The gear knobs and dashboard design is perfect!

On the models you've just mentioned, all of them after you're past the 100k mikes mark, if you're lucky, some would even start consuming engine oils in their 65k mark.

Finally, there's nothing wrong with owing a prius or any hybrid brand for that matter.

The problem is, since you're not buying a brand new car, and its a Nigerian used, you've to be prepared for unforseen spendings, just in case you may need to replaced the HV battery pack, an ABS pump, etc. These are normal wear items that should be replaced at the end of their lifespan.

Regards,
Joseph (08066643532:calls/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo
Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience Needed For Toyota Prius by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 17, 2019
dapo456:
I'm planning to buy a toyota prius. I'm considering 2005, 2006 to 2010 depending on the price.

1. My major concern is how low or cheap is the maintenance, i know it is very low in fuel consumption because its hybrid. But the prices of the parts? are the parts cheap?

2. The hybrid: like how much is the hybrid battery if it as issue because i specifically want to buy it because of the hybrid so that it can reduce fuel cost.

3. I've been seeing prices like 900k for nigerian use, i guess the hybrid or the battery is not working, if the hybrid is not working , like whats the cost of fixing the hybrid.

Thank you for your response in anticipation .

Look it up but there’s a recall for some of the Prius brands the breaks are bad do some research I remember the announcement make sure it’s not one of them Go for Hyundai because Toyota is too hot for the market right now park anywhere and na problem

(1) (Reply)

What Is V6 & V4 In A Vehicle? / Toyota Camry 2007 Fan Belt / Which Direction Is This Bus Going ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.