Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

The Senator's Daughter - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Senator's Daughter (1317 Views)

Appps Congratulates Senator Ademola Adeleke On Victory At Supreme Court / DORIS And The SENATOR, Short Stage Play / Synw Mourns Senator Abiola Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Senator's Daughter by TemmyT002(m): 10:41am On Sep 13, 2019
The secretary walked into the office. “Sir, he is here.”

The DPO was chatting with one of his girlfriends on Whatsapp. “Send him in,” he said.

A dark young man who was handsome walked in. “Sir,” he said with a smart salute.

“Yes, Detective Kolapo, any report?”

“Yes sir.”

The DPO jumped up. His stomach overflowed the top of his desk. “Seriously? That was fast. Good work, Detective. What are you waiting for?”

“Sir, the SWAT team needs to go rescue the Senator’s daughter.”

“Detective, I want you to lead them in.”

Kolapo was stunned. “But sir, I…I am a detective, not a SWAT member.”

“Oh, come off it,” the DPO said, with a flick of his hand. “I heard you were part of the Nigerian Navy Special Forces, so get to work.”

“Yes sir.” Kolapo walked out.

SOMEWHERE IN IBADAN

Unlike America and other developed nations, the Nigerian Police SWAT team rarely use helicopters, except probably Lagos or Abuja. In Ibadan; they use their vans.

“Let’s go in silently,” Kolapo said as they neared the kidnappers’ location. “No horns.”

“Yes sir,” his men said.

They stopped the vans a few minutes’ walk away from the target. The men were heavily armed, and they had on helmets and bulletproof vests. Kolapo carried a submachine gun and two pistols in holsters on his hips.

“Team B, surround the building. Team C, cover all exits. Team A, follow me. It’s a story building. You all know what to do.”

Leading with his gun, Kolapo crept towards the uncompleted building’s entrance, and the men followed.

One of the kidnappers saw them and as he brought up his gun to shoot, he was gunned down.

Another kidnapper appeared on the stairs and before he could move, Kolapo punched him in the guts. He walked past him as he went down.

Two men showed up and began to shoot. Kolapo ran across the wall, pushed off it somersaulted through the air, shooting as he did. The two men went down.

Three more men poured out of a room with no door. Kolapo kicked one in stomach and smashed his boots into the face of another. He gave the other an uppercut that lifted the later completely off the floor.

Two men rushed out of a face-me-face-you room and Kolapo was there to smash their faces together.

He walked up the stairs into a large room. A man stood behind the Senator’s daughter with a gun pointed at her throat. “Stop or I kill her. I mean it,” the man said.

“Please, don’t hurt me,” the girl whimpered. She was about 17.

Kolapo dropped his submachine gun, brought out pistol and sighted it on the kidnapper’s gun hand. He fired.

The kidnapper screamed and released the girl. Kolapo rushed at him and punched him hard in the face. “Meh, I hate kidnappers,” he said.

Later, at the station, one of the SWAT member said: “Oga, we don’t even know why we followed you. Only you could have taken down all the kidnappers.

“Yeah,” the DPO said. “That’s why I will never promote him. I need him badly.”

“Maybe I should just face my music career,” Kolapo said, shaking his head.

SOURCE: https://opinionsandstories.com/the-senators-daughter/

2 Likes

Re: The Senator's Daughter by Jentle244: 11:24am On Sep 13, 2019
seat grabbed and my popcorn is popped

Ann2012 izaray topher052 sokodobo rachealfst divepen1 devilpen emperorblog21 damselposh stblessing frankakowo

oya oooo come oooo

only me no fit enjoy this gbedu wey dey boil for here

1 Like

Re: The Senator's Daughter by izaray(f): 11:59am On Sep 13, 2019
Jentle244:

Ann2012
izaray
topher052
sokodobo
rachealfst
divepen1
devilpen
emperorblog21
damselposh
stblessing
frankakowo

oya oooo come oooo

Seat booked, thanks for the invite!
Re: The Senator's Daughter by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2019
Another one cool

1 Like

Re: The Senator's Daughter by topher052: 2:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
Jentle244:

Ann2012
izaray
topher052
sokodobo
rachealfst
divepen1
devilpen
emperorblog21
damselposh
stblessing
frankakowo

oya oooo come oooo

this is some real action movie! Ride on bro.

1 Like

Re: The Senator's Daughter by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2019
Jentle244:

Ann2012 izaray topher052 sokodobo rachealfst divepen1 devilpen emperorblog21 damselposh stblessing frankakowo

oya oooo come oooo

m here o
Re: The Senator's Daughter by damselposh(f): 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2019
Jentle244:

oya oooo come oooo

seat claimed, ride on OP

1 Like

Re: The Senator's Daughter by Ann2012(f): 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2019
Jentle244:

Ann2012
izaray
topher052
sokodobo
rachealfst
divepen1
devilpen
emperorblog21
damselposh
stblessing
frankakowo

oya oooo come oooo

Thanks for the invite, abeg pass me the popcorn
Re: The Senator's Daughter by stblessing(f): 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
sitting cross legged with fresh suya. oya, let the ride begin.

1 Like

Re: The Senator's Daughter by lonesome501(m): 11:35am On Sep 14, 2019
oga,,why u kum dey downgrade ibadan..who told u dat ibadan no get helicopterz((na land helicopterz we get though))

1 Like

Re: The Senator's Daughter by TemmyT002(m): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2019
lonesome501:
oga,,why u kum dey downgrade ibadan..who told u dat ibadan no get helicopterz((na land helicopterz we get though))

Lol
I have only seen an helicopter in Ibadan once in my life

(1) (Reply)

Seduced III (18+) / Something Deeper / Books By Zane: The African American Author

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.