Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,493 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure (6242 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Ex-Rivers Commissioner As DG Of Border Agency / Local Rice Production Has Not Taken Advantage Of Border Closure – Investigations / Buhari Appoints Junaid Abdullahi, His Son-In-Law As Head Of Border Agency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Just30: 10:18am On Nov 10, 2019
vaxx2:
when nigeria can meet the neds of lagos state alone then we shall talk again . you don't become productive by been a protectionist, you become productive with planning and effort. Nigeria should start form infrastructure first....

I am sure you highly don't know it is the same IMF structural adjustment program Egypt is presently following and that is making the economy booming as at now .....
he doesnt know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Just30: 10:19am On Nov 10, 2019
vaxx2:
very porous in thought just like Nigeria border
grin grin grin
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Area4Area: 10:20am On Nov 10, 2019
Just30:

grin grin grin grin
oh this kid

https://gain.fas.usda.gov/Recent%20GAIN%20Publications/Grain%20and%20Feed%20Update_Accra_Ghana_2-2-2018.pdf
For 2017/2018, consumption was about 1million MT and production about 450,000 MT.
Where is the 80%?
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Just30: 10:24am On Nov 10, 2019
Area4Area:
For 2017/2018, consumption was about 1million MT and production about 450,000 MT.
Where is the 80%?
that is why i give you the second publication

with a production of 750,000 metric tonnes for this year.

Ghana rice consumption demand has not gone up above that
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Area4Area: 10:29am On Nov 10, 2019
Just30:
that is why i give you the second publication

with a production of 750,000 metric tonnes for this year.

Ghana rice consumption demand has not gone up above that
You're only projecting and projecting, why not wait till next year before talking of this year's performance?
This is November and you already know the full production for the year, has Ghana harvested all her rice for the year already? If I ask for a link to your 757,000 now, you can't
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Just30: 10:35am On Nov 10, 2019
Area4Area:
You're only projecting and projecting, why not wait till next year before talking of this year's performance?
This is November and you already know the full production for the year, has Ghana harvested all her rice for the year already? If I ask for a link to your 757,000 now, you can't
that is not projection
it is figures churned out base on work on the ground.

and morethan that has been produced
a financial year ends in August here.
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:38am On Nov 10, 2019
Because China has proved itself to be a world power, WITHOUT the IMF
Now China enough clout to call shots

Just30:
why do you think the IMF have moved it HQ to China grin grin grin
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Area4Area: 10:38am On Nov 10, 2019
Just30:
that is not projection
it is figures churned out base on work on the ground.

and morethan that has been produced
a financial year ends in August here.
A link to your 750,000 production then and also to your no increase in consumption of 1 million
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:43am On Nov 10, 2019
Hahahaha
I am done with you! You just mouth western propaganda, my friend go and sit down

www.foreignpolicy.com
Egypt's Economy Isn't Booming. It's Collapsing.

https://www.economist.com › e...
Egypt is reforming its economy, but poverty is rising - Poor on the Nile

www.aljazeera.com
'We're a mess': Egypt's economic woes fuel anger against el-Sisi
24 Sep 2019 · On the surface, Egypt's economy seems to be doing well. Since President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi signed on....(u get the message)

vaxx2:
when nigeria can meet the needs of lagos state alone then we shall talk again . you don't become productive by been a protectionist, you become productive with planning and effort. Nigeria should start form infrastructure first....

I am sure you highly don't know it is the same IMF structural adjustment program Egypt is presently following and that is making the economy booming as at now .....
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Just30: 10:44am On Nov 10, 2019
Area4Area:
A link to your 750,000 production then and also to your no increase in consumption of 1 million
Consumption of rice has even decreased

Since you are so much interested. I will direct you to the ministry of Agriculture website.
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Just30: 10:46am On Nov 10, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
Because China has proved itself to be a world power, WITHOUT the IMF
Now China enough clout to call shots

You have no idea what is going on.

Global finance is moving to China and no one wants to be left out.
IMF is part of the sucess story of China. But it does mean IMF built China
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Area4Area: 10:47am On Nov 10, 2019
Just30:
Consumption of rice has even decreased

Since you are so much interested. I will direct you to the ministry of Agriculture website.
Stories, just bring links to production and consumption and the lower consumption
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Just30: 10:49am On Nov 10, 2019
Area4Area:
Stories, just bring links to production and consumption and the lower consumption
google is your friend
no more spoon-feeding for you, ive directed you to real information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by vaxx2: 10:54am On Nov 10, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
Hahahaha
I am done with you! You just mouth western propaganda, my friend go and sit down

www.foreignpolicy.com
Egypt's Economy Isn't Booming. It's Collapsing.

https://www.economist.com › e...
Egypt is reforming its economy, but poverty is rising - Poor on the Nile

www.aljazeera.com
'We're a mess': Egypt's economic woes fuel anger against el-Sisi
24 Sep 2019 · On the surface, Egypt's economy seems to be doing well. Since President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi signed on....(u get the message)

stop being a propangadist yourself . reading both untrusted unaccredited news paper to channel your false brainwashed ideology .....

You are simply following a non efficient mantra ........ All what IMF have predicted or projected about world global economics have come to pass. now they have a Ghanaian heading the chairmanship position.

Even your sceptical news channel corrected itself........

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/06/26/egypts-economy-isnt-tanking-its-thriving-sisi-muslim-brotherhood-imf/

that is the same foreing policy you quoted....shame on you...

To know about Egypt, here is a trusted paper....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/862f11ea-c4e9-11e9-a8e9-296ca66511c9
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Area4Area: 11:04am On Nov 10, 2019
Just30:
google is your friend
no more spoon-feeding for you, ive directed you to real information.
Stop throwing figures and stats that you can't defend, we all understand you're trying to be patriotic to your Ghana but stop lacing it with lies. We know you want us to feel that your Ghana is Paradise on earth and better than the EU, US, Japan, Qatar, Kuwait etc but always state the facts.

Nigeria's production as at 2017 was 5.8 million and consumption was at 7million. So you can see that Nigeria is already producing 81.4% of her needs and I believe with the border closure, production would increase and consumption met.

https://www.pressreader.com/nigeria/thisday/20181115/281891594306919
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Just30: 11:31am On Nov 10, 2019
Area4Area:
Stop throwing figures and stats that you can't defend, we all understand you're trying to be patriotic to your Ghana but stop lacing it with lies. We know you want us to feel that your Ghana is Paradise on earth and better than the EU, US, Japan, Qatar, Kuwait etc but always state the facts.

Nigeria's production as at 2017 was 5.8 million and consumption was at 7million. So you can see that Nigeria is already producing 81.4% of her needs and I believe with the border closure, production would increase and consumption met.

grin grin grin grin

i care less

just to correct you, Nigeria import 3.4 million metric tonnes and produce 3.7 miilion metric tonnes

And this is why, any measure to ban rice import now will only lead to hunger in Nigeria.
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Area4Area: 11:52am On Nov 10, 2019
Just30:
grin grin grin grin

i care less

just to correct you, Nigeria import 3.4 million metric tonnes and produce 3.7 miilion metric tonnes

And this is why, any measure to ban rice import now will only lead to hunger in Nigeria.
I gave a link that you can check up but you ain't doing same, just throwing figures upandan. So please care less for our borders remaining shut.
You were earlier boasting about Ghana producing 80% of rice consumption, I asked for a link which said Ghana was producing 45% of consumption.
I gave you a link that Nigeria was already producing 81.4% of her needs around same time (2017) and you're saying you don't care.
Stop the lies and begging for border opening.
Give us a link

Ghana as at 2017 produces 450,000 MT and consumes 1 million MT same year, 45%, who is less productive?
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by surplusk: 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2019
Just30:
grin grin grin grin

i care less

Keep quite boy.
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Area4Area: 12:08pm On Nov 10, 2019
surplusk:

Keep quite boy.
Don't mind him, he thinks he can peddle lies on nairaland and nobody can find him out
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by vaxx2: 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2019
Just30:
grin grin grin grin

i care less

The dude had been struggling to come up with something very sensitive to buttress his point after posting it. he has update his post more than three times....

Actually he quoted a false articule with no basis from untrusted news channel

for anyone to learn about Nigeria rice capacity. visit Bloomberg..... they captured report form Nigeria bureau of statistics and not just road side conversation....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-11-14/usda-sees-nigeria-rice-imports-increasing-to-3-4m-tons-in-2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Area4Area: 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2019
vaxx2:
The dude had been struggling to come up with something very sensitive to buttress his point after posting it. he has update his post more than three times....

for anyone to learn about Nigeria rice capacity. visit Bloomberg..... they captured report form Nigeria bureau of statistics and not just road side conversation....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-11-14/usda-sees-nigeria-rice-imports-increasing-to-3-4m-tons-in-2019
Report was made last year, projections and projections, why can't you wait till next year to know what finally happened?
I gave results for 2017 and this is 2019, your comrade was talking about protected figures for this year and feeling it's the actual.
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Just30: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2019
vaxx2:

he is pretty dumb
i just didnt want to comment on his article because it is even stated in the article that production is 3 million metric tonnes even though at a point they go on to contradict themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Just30: 3:07pm On Nov 10, 2019
surplusk:

Keep quite boy.
im just speaking truths

calm down, we are not fighting grin grin grin grin grin

just make sure hunger doesnt kill you because it will be a human right violation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Just30: 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2019
Area4Area:
I gave a link that you can check up but you ain't doing same, just throwing figures upandan. So please care less for our borders remaining shut.
You were earlier boasting about Ghana producing 80% of rice consumption, I asked for a link which said Ghana was producing 45% of consumption.
I gave you a link that Nigeria was already producing 81.4% of her needs around same time (2017) and you're saying you don't care.
Stop the lies and begging for border opening.
Give us a link

Ghana as at 2017 produces 450,000 MT and consumes 1 million MT same year, 45%, who is less productive?
does it look like we are in 2017
mr dumb grin grin grin

boy youre making too much noise around.

go and feed the malnourished children in Nigeria
at least you'll be doing something positive for your country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Just30: 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
Area4Area:

stop quoting blogs and face facts
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Just30: 3:21pm On Nov 10, 2019
Area4Area:

if nigeria was producing 5.8 million tonnes there would be no reason to close border.

Because most nigerians like their local rice with so much sand in it.

you dont have to lie to yourself to feel good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by vaxx2: 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2019
Just30:
if nigeria was producing 5.8 million tonnes there would be no reason to close border.

Because most nigerians like their local rice with so much sand in it.

you dont have to lie to yourself to feel good
I even learnt the more sandy the rice the more tasty it is ... grin The stone in it is the secrete natural ingredient... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by surplusk: 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2019
Just30:
im just speaking truths

calm down, we are not fighting grin grin grin grin grin

just make sure hunger doesnt kill you because it will be a human right violation

Is Ghana even self sufficient in rice production u busy talking crap.
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by surplusk: 4:54pm On Nov 10, 2019
vaxx2:
I even learnt the more sandy the rice the more tasty it is ... grin The stone in it is the secrete natural ingredient... grin

Your country Ghana still depends on importation of rice u busy talking about Nigerian rice. leave us alone let improve our taste go and close Nigerian shops and send ur people to ur farm stop ranting crap.
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Just30: 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2019
vaxx2:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

oh oh why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by Area4Area: 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2019
Crying and wailing over an 'ordinary' border
shutdown continues
Re: Increase Rice Production with Mechanization instead of border closure by surplusk: 5:17pm On Nov 10, 2019
Area4Area:
Crying and wailing over an 'ordinary' border
shutdown continues

Don't mind them they keep busy defending their grave with defenceless reasoning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aso Rock In Tensive Mood Over A Likely Trump Win / Tinubu To Settle For Kingibe As Running Mate / CSU: Hurray, BAT Is Finally Free!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.