Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b (28857 Views)

Tinubu Approves Construction Of 1,000 Houses In Kebbi, Kastina, Kaduna, Others / Buhari Approves N1.5trn For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Over 700km Roads / Fg Approves Contracts For Construction, Rehabilitation Of Road Projects At N169b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by antontech(m): 9:09am On Sep 14, 2019
Finally I may get something from this govt. Nnewi - Okigwe Road. Wow
Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by Oponel1962: 9:52am On Sep 14, 2019
I have not seen work commence on the ones approved for more than a year ago.
Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by CalebLebsco56(m): 10:42am On Sep 14, 2019
They should better come and do the ibi/wukari bridge ooo.. It will be a strong economic road for pple from both the East, that road really needs to b done... Because it has been dilapidated
Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by stanliwise(m): 10:56am On Sep 14, 2019
OmoManU:

That’s where most of you people normally get it wrongly, in this country we have had people that were there that were supposed to do the same thing but they neglected it to rot entirely and someone is there now trying to fix it to the best of their abilities, we should learn to give praise to whoever deserves it, it should not always be criticism all the time but we should learn to also be objective as well. Let’s leave hatred and embrace love
No, we are rendering praises to people who did their job simply because those who didn't do their job went away freely.
I haven't criticize anyone, criticism in Nigeria is justiable for the moment of wreckage Nigeria is in currently, although "criticism that inhibit progress or implementation of things no matter how small is bad and evil". Love is they were elected and I didn't go against their government but instead pledge to cooperate. So I don't hate anyone here.

commendation are meant for those who just didn't do their job but did it amazingly well...... that doing it "amazingly well" is what is commendable... don't get it mixed up.
Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by stormborn28(m): 11:00am On Sep 14, 2019
theenchanter:
what else do u people want? U people make Nigeria seem worse than it is with ur repugnant remarks. Always spewing trash against ur own country at any given opportunity.

Them no build, una go complain, them build, una go still complain.. if ur system is resistant to good news, why not just leave without dropping junks since u can't handle d good news?

Or what exactly is ur problem? undecided
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by CoolAmbience(m): 11:52am On Sep 14, 2019
theenchanter:
what else do u people want? U people make Nigeria seem worse than it is with ur repugnant remarks. Always spewing trash against ur own country at any given opportunity.

Them no build, una go complain, them build, una go still complain.. if ur system is resistant to good news, why not just leave without dropping junks since u can't handle d good news?

Or what exactly is ur problem? undecided

Bro, that was how nearly everybody in the bus a boarded from Lagos to Warri two days ago spent several hours rubbishing their own country.

When I asked what the problems were: they mentioned power supply, hunger, clampdown on goods from the borders and no money in circulation.

I took time to explain to them that there was hunger everywhere in the world, and that government does not go about serving people food. You work, you chop. Government has not prevented anyone from engaging in legitimate business. I reminded them that there are hardworking Nigerians who are having the best times of their lives and flourishing in business. It is a matter of choice, it is either one rediscovers themselves for an improved life or stay put with whining and complaints.

On power supply, I was shocked that, even the so-called graduates, didn't know about government's Energising Economies / Education Initiatives, which is aimed at providing stable power to business clusters and educational institutions, while efforts is being intensified to improve power supply in the entire country.

They argued on why the FG must ban rice importation, only to look 'confused' when I proved to them that there was no such thing as ban on rice importation, and that government was justified clamping down on smugglers as they were guilty of economic sabotage. Someone even said that Nigerian rice was nowhere in the market, hence government had no right to ban importation. I made her understand that our local rice production was currently close to 6million metric tons which is close to our annual consumption volume, and that in two years Nigeria saved over $800million from rice importation.

On alleged short supply of money in the system, I simply reiterated that the era of 'sharing money' was over, and that we must entrench the culture of 'earning' money in manners that are dignified as opposed to mindless looting and other 'quick money' schemes. I added that the nation's resources were for provision of infrastructures and other projects of common good, not for sharing. I asked 'why won't there be money in circulation before when the treasury was left wide open for people to loot?'

Like my people say 'if you are where you are, you tend to hunger to be where you are not'.

It can only get better for Nigeria. I do not think any country has a perfect system. It's work in progress for every nation as each has it unique challenge.

While it is true that some countries are ahead, I disagree with the outright condemnation of countries, especially by their own citizens, that are on the right path towards national rediscovery, development and sustainable progress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by richiepolymer(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2019
The problem with these approvals is with the contractors that will handle the projects. Most of the contractors that handle road projects in South East are worse than Satan. They will deliver very poor quality road that won't last and their people will end up bad mouthing and hating FG not knowing that their own kinsmen are responsible for carrying out very poor jobs in SE.
I also wish speedy intervention can be done on Benin-Auchi-Okene expressway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by fyneguy: 12:49pm On Sep 14, 2019
luluosas:
Only one project in South - South? Ah! This is bad

NDDC will do more. Other regions don't have that.
Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by Obamaekene(m): 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2019
Action speaks louder than talking. We want to see result & not promises.
Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by misterjosh(m): 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2019
theenchanter:
The Federal Executive Council (FEC) presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari, on Wednesday approved about N182 billion for the construction and rehabilitation of various roads across the country.

The Minister of State for Works and Housing, Alhaji Abubakar Aliyu, said this while briefing State House Correspondents on the outcome of the maiden FEC meeting held at the Presidential Council Chamber, Abuja.

The roads are:

https://dailypost.ng/2019/09/11/fg-approves-n182-billion-rehabilitation-major-roads/
When will something be done about Warri-Sapele road...
Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by celeiyke: 2:09pm On Sep 14, 2019
Oloyedecherry:
Nice one from the federal Government, But truth be told..some regions are not well represented.

Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by Maziyk: 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2019
Approved only in papers construction zero
Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by luluosas(m): 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2019
Let's wait and see
fyneguy:

Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by NGpatriot: 3:37pm On Sep 14, 2019
fyneguy:

The House of Representatives at the plenary on Tuesday passed the N346.5bn budget for Niger Delta Development Commission in 2019.

https://punchng.com/reps-pass-n346-5bn-nddc-budget-for-2019/

NDDC's budget for 2019 alone is N346.5bn, almost double the N182b approved for 15 major roads all over Nigeria.

Just think about, N346.5 billion alone for the Niger Delta and this is even on top of their huge allocations and extra 13% derivation.

Why that region is not Nigeria's Dubai beats the hell out of me.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by Igbo6(m): 4:29pm On Sep 14, 2019
Nice move, immediate mobilization biko.!!

Contact us now. For your architectural and structural design @08069179274 Abuja.....

Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by snowblaq(f): 4:38pm On Sep 14, 2019
theenchanter:
stop complaining, there's only one in NW too. They're constructing according to priority.

Which priority.. ..the only bridge on the East West road in Ogoni leading to other states is about collapsing and Rivers people have been calling on the Federal Government to come and fix it before people die.. .that road leads to the petrochemical industry. ...but it is not a priority because it is in South South. .....priority my foot!! !!
Re: FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b by amuwo1980: 7:03pm On Sep 14, 2019
NGpatriot:

This rubbish because I highlighted your tribal, hypocritical and regional take on everything in Nigerian?

When the people you voted for and love so dearly neglected you for 16 years, you did not see marginalization, but now that they are building roads and bridges in the SE, you see nothing but marginalization.

You people are just too tribally twisted and hypocritical for your own good.
Just mark my words, you are the enemy of the black man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eniola Badmus To Chair Entertainment Committee Of Tinubu’s Inauguration / Names Of 73 Benue Indigenes Killed In Herdsmen Attack / Troops Neutralise IPOB/ESN’s Gang Leader & 25 Others at Orlu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.