Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:27 AM

Ogun Governorship tribunal Judgement Updates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Governorship tribunal Judgement Updates (884 Views)

Edo 2020 Governorship: Tribunal Rules Against Governor Obaseki / Adekunle Akinlade Emerges APC Ogun Governorship Candidate / Segun Odegbami Contesting For Ogun Governorship - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Governorship tribunal Judgement Updates by Fyzt: 9:48am On Sep 14, 2019
Update
Re: Ogun Governorship tribunal Judgement Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:12am On Sep 14, 2019
Tension on Saturday morning enveloped Isabo, Abeokuta, the location of the Ogun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal as the three -member panel led by Justice Yusuf Halilu is set to deliver its judgment in the petition before it.
The Petition was filed by Hon. Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade and his party, the Allied People’s Movement (APM), and they are asking the Tribunal to upturn the victory of Abiodun of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Scores of armed fierce looking security men, Operatives of the Police Ordinance unit, Department of State Security(DSS), Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps(NSCDC), Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) took over the inside and outside of the court premises as well as adjoining roads and streets leading to it.
Tens of people who arrived Isabo as 7am this morning and eager to enter the court premises were barred entry as at 9.20am … Armed men at heavily guarded court gate, turned them back.
The Police Commissioner, Bashir Makama, who arrived few minutes inspected the security arrangement within and outside the court premises and left upon being satisfied with it.
The Nation learnt the Police were under strict instruction to allow selected number of people because of inadequate space at the court and also prevent rowdiness from loyalists of the two feuding parties – All Progressives Congress (APC) and Allied People’s Movement (APM).
The Governorship Petition was filed by Hon. Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade and his party, APM and they are asking the Tribunal to upturn the victory of Abiodun of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Akinlade and his party filed the petition marked EPT /OG/ GOV/ 01/19, alleging that over-voting was carried out during the polls in favour of Abiodun.
The APM’s candidate also alleged that Governor Abiodun lacked the qualification to contest for the Governorship seat of the Gateway State in the March 9 governorship election.
The Tribunal had in its August 19 sitting, reserved its judgment shortly after all parties had adopted their respective final written addresses and promised to notify them when the judgment would be ready.
Read Also: Abiodun begins upgrade of Ogun hospitals, housing scheme
And while adopting his final written address, the petitioner – Akinlade, through his lead counsel, Mike Osuman, SAN, asked the court to disqualify Abiodun as a candidate of APC in the last Governorship election and nullify the declaration of Abiodun as winner by the Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC).
The Petitioner also prayed the Tribunal to return him (Akinlade) as the governor.
But Abiodun’s lead counsel, Prof Taiwo Osipitan, SAN, described the APM’s petition as one that lacks merit and dead on arrival, urging that it should be dismissed in its entirety.
Who wins and who loses? The judges who just arrived the court, will commence sitting by 10am and in hours time, deliver their judgment.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Governorship tribunal Judgement Updates by leke12(m): 10:14am On Sep 14, 2019
ok
Re: Ogun Governorship tribunal Judgement Updates by senatordave1(m): 10:14am On Sep 14, 2019
I was about to open a thread on this but íts okay since you beat me to it.if one of the prayers of akinladebis for supplementary polls,there is a 70% chance that it will happened.if it wasn't included then its a wasted petition.fergie,tuniski,celeiyke,ejimatic etc

1 Like

Re: Ogun Governorship tribunal Judgement Updates by Fyzt: 10:27am On Sep 14, 2019
senatordave1:
I was about to open a thread on this but íts okay since you beat me to it.if one of the prayers of akinladebis for supplementary polls,there is a 70% chance that it will happened.if it wasn't included then its a wasted petition.fergie,tuniski,celeiyke,ejimatic etc
Re: Ogun Governorship tribunal Judgement Updates by restore8(m): 10:33am On Sep 14, 2019
this is amazing!

do you wish to build an Instagram page?

do you need someone who can help you grow your page to up to 1000 followers?

do you need someone who can manage your Instagram page?

kindly check my signature and contact me below. kindly contact me for more information.
Re: Ogun Governorship tribunal Judgement Updates by senatordave1(m): 11:01am On Sep 14, 2019
Fyzt:

09031376196 pls contact me on WhatsApp Sen
Update please
Re: Ogun Governorship tribunal Judgement Updates by BlessedNuel: 11:17am On Sep 14, 2019
Let the Best man win
Re: Ogun Governorship tribunal Judgement Updates by Fyzt: 2:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
The Ogun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal led by Justice Yusuf Halilu, on Saturday ruled on the case seeking disqualification of Governor Dapo Abiodun.

The Tribunal, ruling on preliminary objections, struck out Hon. Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade’s petition.

Adekunle had sought disqualification of Governor Abiodun on grounds of submitting false academic qualification.

The Tribunal ruled that the issue of information about academic qualification in Abiodun sworn affidavit had been laid to rest by the Appeal court.

It said for this reason the petitioner can’t be allowed to resurrect or open same matter at the Tribunal since the Appellate court had deemed it “statue barred.”
Re: Ogun Governorship tribunal Judgement Updates by LibertyRep: 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2019
Governor Dapo should now up his game, hit the ground running and appoint commissioners.
Re: Ogun Governorship tribunal Judgement Updates by ejimatic: 4:13pm On Sep 14, 2019
senatordave1:
. Thank you for bringing me on this platform .However I just saw this thread because of some engagement. I have been flowing the case since inception and I once said it tantamount to crying over a split milk.I am not surprised that APC won the case.
Re: Ogun Governorship tribunal Judgement Updates by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:29pm On Sep 14, 2019
Congratulations to Governor Dapo Abiodun on his victory at the election petition tribunal.

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Trips Buhari Vs Obj: Whose Trip Has Favoured Us More / 2023: PDP Ticket Is For The Highest Bidder / Ploy To Halt Redeployment Of Procurement Director Of Niger Delta Amnesty Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.