Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

'hit Them. Shoot Them. But Don't Kill Them': Philippines President Tells Citizen - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 'hit Them. Shoot Them. But Don't Kill Them': Philippines President Tells Citizen (637 Views)

"Shoot Them Dead": Philippine President Threatens Covid-19 Lockdownviolators(vid / US Vs Iran: Philippines President Takes Action After Death Of Soleiman / If They Attack Us, We Will Hit Them Harder Than They Have Ever Been Hit Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'hit Them. Shoot Them. But Don't Kill Them': Philippines President Tells Citizen by daewoorazer(m): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2019

He promised citizens immunity from prosecution if the victim survives the attack

In a speech made during his visit to Bataan the president, 74, urged the violence

He said if you have weapons you can shoot but you won't be pardoned if they die

In a speech made during his visit to Bataan on Thursday, the president suggested shooting corrupt officials in the foot to avoid a prison sentence and offered to defend such action.

In a speech made during his visit to Bataan Thursday, the president (pictured) urged people to attack corrupt officials - but warned there may be no pardon if the victim dies

Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte (pictured) said if anyone witnesses officials taking bribes and shoots them he can promise them immunity from prosecution

'You're a fart away from disaster': Philippines president Duterte delivers extraordinary put-down to overweight senator who dared to criticise him.

He said: 'If you pay a tax, a fee or get a certificate, and the officials ask for a bribe, hit them. If you have weapons, you can shoot them, but don't kill, because during the proceedings you may not receive a pardon.'

'Don't kill them because you might end up getting embroiled with those given pardon after computation. Just the foot.

'It will only be serious physical injuries. You'll be placed on probation. You'll just report to probation officer. At least you shot a foolish thief and I will defend you.'

The outspoken leader added that those who take him up on the offer 'will not be sent to prison, but will only be seriously punished physically.'

The president appealed to the public to assert their rights, and report any corruption or abuse involving a government official or worker.

The outspoken president (pictured) appealed to the public to assert their rights, and report any corruption or abuse involving a government official or worker
He said if the corruption incident reaches his office, he would summon the concerned official and let the complaint slap him or her in the face in front of him.

The United Nations adopted a resolution in July this year calling for a full-scale investigation into the drug war in the Philippines, which is a key part of Duterte's domestic policy.

Duterte has long faced criticism over police forces when it comes to fighting drug trafficking.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7461677/amp/Philippines-hardman-president-Duterte-urges-people-attack-corrupt-officials.html

Re: 'hit Them. Shoot Them. But Don't Kill Them': Philippines President Tells Citizen by greenguy: 2:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
I like this guy sha...

He may not be perfect but he's paying a big price for the future of the Philippines. 10 - 15 from now the country will be free from drug and corruption then they'll appreciate him for the hero he is.

3 Likes

Re: 'hit Them. Shoot Them. But Don't Kill Them': Philippines President Tells Citizen by Mariangeles(f): 2:48pm On Sep 14, 2019
This man is daring... undecided
He's starting what he can't finish
Re: 'hit Them. Shoot Them. But Don't Kill Them': Philippines President Tells Citizen by Mariangeles(f): 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
greenguy:
I like this guy sha...

For what exactly ?
Buhari better pass this guy na

1 Like

Re: 'hit Them. Shoot Them. But Don't Kill Them': Philippines President Tells Citizen by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2019
Mariangeles:
For what exactly ? Buhari better pass this guy na
It is very clear that you are high. Which Buhari are you talking about?
I don't want to say my mind here joor.
Re: 'hit Them. Shoot Them. But Don't Kill Them': Philippines President Tells Citizen by Mariangeles(f): 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
kingkakaone:

It is very clear that you are high.
Which Buhari are you talking about?

I don't want to say my mind here joor.
Yes o! I'm high !
Re: 'hit Them. Shoot Them. But Don't Kill Them': Philippines President Tells Citizen by uniqUN(m): 3:05pm On Sep 14, 2019
An equal budget Trump cheesy
Only this one doesn't twit like a bird
Re: 'hit Them. Shoot Them. But Don't Kill Them': Philippines President Tells Citizen by psucc(m): 3:35pm On Sep 14, 2019
Those laws can never work here in Nigeria. Our leaders are so deep in voodoo that a mere contemplating, they 'disappear'.

That is why most of them sacrifice their aides in event of road crash

Nigeria I hail ooooo
Re: 'hit Them. Shoot Them. But Don't Kill Them': Philippines President Tells Citizen by judgementyard(m): 3:38pm On Sep 14, 2019
If na naija,many legs go hear am grin
Re: 'hit Them. Shoot Them. But Don't Kill Them': Philippines President Tells Citizen by Jasseyfrd(m): 5:54pm On Sep 14, 2019
Dino where u dey?
Re: 'hit Them. Shoot Them. But Don't Kill Them': Philippines President Tells Citizen by mamajj17(f): 7:40am On Sep 15, 2019
This is exactly what happened in Germany during New Yam Festival among our people grin grin grin though NO WEAPON grin grin

(1) (Reply)

American Arrested For Spending Covid-19 Bailout Fund On Lamborghini & Strippers / WATCH: Julius Malema Threatens To Kill Fellow Member of Pan-African Parliament / Shariah Court Gives Woman 40 Lashes For Phoning A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.