Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,141 members, 7,953,517 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:49 PM

Please I Really Need An Advice!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please I Really Need An Advice!!! (2043 Views)

Am I Really Being unfair To These Two Girls?? / I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice / An Advice To Those Going For An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Really Need An Advice!!! by Joiceee(f): 7:07pm On Sep 15, 2019
thariodamaniac:

Start with HTML/HTML 5 and CSS/CS3
THEN EITHER BOOTSTRAP AND SASS (BOTH OF THESE ARE OPTIONAL: USED BY UX/UI DESIGNERS)
OR YOU GO DIRECTLY TO JAVASCRIPT AND PHP... THEN MYSQL AND PYTHON BY THE TIME YOU COMPLETE THESE AND KNOW THEIR LIBRARIES UR ALREADY A FULL STACK WEB DEVELOPER.....
Start with an Android app called web development... It's free on play store the icon is blue with a PC drawn on it...... Then when you have enough data start downloading YouTube videos....

Search for it by the name then put course at the end for best results.... Example "complete HTML course"
Use youtubeGo app..... If you use normal YouTube app.... It will consume more data but the courses will be broken down into parts..... But youtubeGo will put everything in one video and it will be like 400mb highest for 4hrs video sometimes even less
Wow.....Thank you!
please is there any basic computer knowledge I need to have before taking up the HTML course
Re: Please I Really Need An Advice!!! by Joiceee(f): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2019
zclass:

Web development is great!
I started learning web development in my 300L and now I'm a Senior developer. Im now 25, studied a science course.
I started HTML/CSS when I was 18/19.
It requires a minimum of 2years of learning before you are regarded as a Junior developer.
You can start learning in this order: HTML -> CSS -> JavaScript -> PHP or Python or Perl -> Frameworks e.g Django, Laveral
-> React -> content management system e.g WordPress....... And the list continues.

Infact, as a developer, you are expected to learn on the job
Concerning people who are advising you to go for Fashion design, well, I have good news for you: you can combine both!
Finally, I would advice that since you already developed interest in web programming, don't let it down for anything!
You can always combine web development with whatever career or Job you do.

If I was less busy I would have invited you to whatsapp so we can chat.
Do you think its too demanding/difficult for a female?
Re: Please I Really Need An Advice!!! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2019
Joiceee:

Wow.....Thank you!
please is there any basic computer knowledge I need to have before taking up the HTML course
Nope.... Just know the basics of a computer.... Like typing and all those little stuff any other thing you don't know can be learnt as u progress
Re: Please I Really Need An Advice!!! by mikeayus(m): 6:17am On Sep 16, 2019
zclass:

Web development is great!
I started learning web development in my 300L and now I'm a Senior developer. Im now 25, studied a science course.
I started HTML/CSS when I was 18/19.
It requires a minimum of 2years of learning before you are regarded as a Junior developer.
You can start learning in this order: HTML -> CSS -> JavaScript -> PHP or Python or Perl -> Frameworks e.g Django, Laveral
-> React -> content management system e.g WordPress....... And the list continues.

Infact, as a developer, you are expected to learn on the job
Concerning people who are advising you to go for Fashion design, well, I have good news for you: you can combine both!
Finally, I would advice that since you already developed interest in web programming, don't let it down for anything!
You can always combine web development with whatever career or Job you do.

If I was less busy I would have invited you to whatsapp so we can chat.

Exactly what I was saying, now you can easily chart a clear path to get started from this and many more suggestions to come.
Re: Please I Really Need An Advice!!! by mikeayus(m): 6:19am On Sep 16, 2019
Maj196:
Did I just see someone has spent 400k to learn something that is free to learn on YouTube... smh

Lol..I was shocked too bro
Re: Please I Really Need An Advice!!! by ogawisdom(m): 6:31am On Sep 16, 2019
Joiceee:
Am in my final year in school.I have been thinking of learning a skill lately and am considering programming. But everyone thinks its not a good idea and I should probably go for fashion designing.
The issue is I have never had interest in fashion designing. Please what do you think about me learning programming, what does it entail, will there be so many opportunities?
Please I need your quick responses please!
Graphic designing
Re: Please I Really Need An Advice!!! by AUSTYN01(m): 6:53am On Sep 16, 2019
Joiceee:

Thanks a million times!!!
Though it looks like something that is sooooooooooo difficult, but I will sure give it a try.
I agree with him.. So busy to express my self in text, check your profile your number was not there prefer talking than text.. Go with this wisdom, and fashion might distract u.. Warren Buffet once said d difference BTW successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything. Wish u d very best, also ask d Holy Spirit for guide
Re: Please I Really Need An Advice!!! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2019
Joiceee:

Do you think its too demanding/difficult for a female?
Lol baby, its just a little sacrifice. The prestige and lots of money that comes with the profession far outweighs the sacrifice.
Well, to answer your question, I would say programming is not too demanding irrespective of the gender.
Do you calculate the number of hours you spend on Candy crush, Angry Birds, Ludo, Facebook, instagram etc? All you need to do is reschedule your routine and channel your energy into coding, its not difficult at all.
I recommend you start learning HTML so you can see how easy it is to get along.
Re: Please I Really Need An Advice!!! by Joiceee(f): 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
AUSTYN01:

I agree with him.. So busy to express my self in text, check your profile your number was not there prefer talking than text.. Go with this wisdom, and fashion might distract u.. Warren Buffet once said d difference BTW successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything. Wish u d very best, also ask d Holy Spirit for guide
Thanks and God bless you!
Re: Please I Really Need An Advice!!! by Joiceee(f): 1:14pm On Sep 16, 2019
zclass:

Lol baby, its just a little sacrifice. The prestige and lots of money that comes with the profession far outweighs the sacrifice.
Well, to answer your question, I would say programming is not too demanding irrespective of the gender.
Do you calculate the number of hours you spend on Candy crush, Angry Birds, Ludo, Facebook, instagram etc? All you need to do is reschedule your routine and channel your energy into coding, its not difficult at all.
I recommend you start learning HTML so you can see how easy it is to get along.
Thanks a lot!
Re: Please I Really Need An Advice!!! by benzems(m): 11:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
Joiceee:

Wow.....Thank you!

Check these Full FrontEnd Web DEveopment Course and tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0NT0LL_aTs
Re: Please I Really Need An Advice!!! by Joiceee(f): 6:41am On Sep 17, 2019
benzems:

Check these Full FrontEnd Web DEveopment Course and tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0NT0LL_aTs
Thank you! Its not playing from here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest Nasims Npower News Today, 5th October 2023, Stipend News / Looking For A Challenging I.T. Job / Nnpc Resumption At Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.