Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. (5863 Views)

Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant / 40 INEC Staff Held Hostage In Bayelsa As Militants Hijack Materials / Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Ourturn(m): 10:44pm On Oct 29, 2010
Explosion rocks Bayelsa, as militants attack Agip pipelines
From FEMI FOLARANMI, Yenagoa
Saturday, October 30, 2010

The peace deal between Niger Delta militants and the Federal Government, culminating in the amnesty exercise was yesterday shattered with an attack on an oil facility belonging to Nigeria Agip Oil Company (NAOC) located at Osiama, Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa State.

The attack has already forced Agip to shut down the 60,000 barrels per day (bpd) until the conclusion of investigations.
Though the identities of the attackers are not known, reliable sources said an ex-militant leader is being fingered as being behind the attack. Also, security sources said two explosives were used to blow up the pipeline, which link the Osiama field to Brass terminal.

The attackers, who were said to have invaded the facility in the wee hours of the morning, blew up the pipeline and disappeared without any traces.
Checks indicated that the attackers were able to carry out the act because there was no military presence in the area.
An impeccable source said security agents had swung into action, investigating the motive behind the attack. He also said they also do not want to leave any stone unturned, as there are strong indications that some armed groups are planning to unleash violence in the region.

According to the source, Henry Okah, the leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), who is currently standing trial in a South African, is believed to have re-armed some groups in the region to show his displeasure with the amnesty exercise of the Federal Government.

Investigations revealed that the attack on the Agip facility has prompted authorities of the Joint Military Task Force (JTF) to beef up security around all oil installations in the region, while surveillance has been increased.

The Joint Media Campaign Coordinator (JMCC) of JTF, Lt. Col Timothy Antigha, confirmed the incident and said the security outfit was on top of the situation.
Antigha, however, appealed to youths of the Niger Delta not to destroy the peace that already exists in the region.
While insisting that the military cannot provide security for all pipelines in the region, because of the terrain, he said it was the responsibility of youths and communities where these pipelines are located to secure them.

“The only thing the JTF would say is to appeal to the youths to allow peace to reign. With the amnesty exercise, it is proper for them not to destroy the peace. The development they want can only happen when there is peace. Nobody would come and invest in the region, if there is chaos and violence. Also, the communities, where these pipelines are located, should also do their best to secure the pipelines,” he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/oct/30/national-30-10-2010-001.htm
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:57pm On Oct 29, 2010
i guess these multi-national oil firms will now be at the receiving end of all this.
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Ourturn(m): 11:00pm On Oct 29, 2010
Militants at it again.

Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Osama10(m): 11:09pm On Oct 29, 2010
Hmmmmmmmmn! shocked
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by selingel: 11:14pm On Oct 29, 2010
Even armed-robbers, cant withstand this militants!. See weapons, GOD! shocked
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:38pm On Oct 29, 2010
these guys are well trained guerrilla fighters.
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Oboma1(m): 11:43pm On Oct 29, 2010
With all these headlines, I hope this nation is not heading to where I am thinking?
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Mobinga: 1:19am On Oct 30, 2010
shocked shocked shocked

Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by edoyad(m): 2:23am On Oct 30, 2010
Now how are we supposed to believe those weapons seized at the port were headed for Palestine ?
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Abagworo(m): 4:14am On Oct 30, 2010
Nigerians na complete mugun una be.When I wrote earlier on that Ateke and all those retired criminal are not MEND,I was accused of supporting IBB.I as well as Ibime also wrote that I am a Niger Deltan and knows more than all these false reports,yet people still blame northerners and called me Igbo.What is so difficult in negotiating with Okah and giving resource control to the people of Niger Delta?I wish I could take a shot at that presidential villa and show Nigerians that change is possible.Make dem just dey mumu dey go.Na IBB bomb Agip pipeline.
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Oboma1(m): 9:55am On Oct 30, 2010
edoyad:

Now how are we supposed to believe those weapons seized at the port were headed for Palestine ?

I tire oh! shocked
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by blacksta(m): 10:57am On Oct 30, 2010
As GEJ will say - it is not the real mend but the fake ones that are responsible
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 30, 2010
blacksta:

As GEJ will say - it is not the real mend but the fake ones that are responsible

no its al-jazeera using some miscreants to make news

no - its ibb

no, its the northern cabal

no, its not happening - there is no mend - ask dokubo and boyloaf

no - it was done by gej's people so it doesn't matter

no - it's henry okah who is behind this

what a tangled web we weave - lets see how gej will spin this one
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Oboma1(m): 11:54am On Oct 30, 2010
blacksta:

As GEJ will say  - it is not the real mend but the fake ones that are responsible

Whether fake or real, let him put an end to this. If these country explode, it will break into pieces, and even consume Jonathan himself (though not in death), but he will loose identity, and his name will go down as well, as the President that broke up Nigeria. Today, it is assumed that the Igbos are paying for their attempts in breaking the nation, but his will be worse! Becos even his people (may not) forgive him (those who do not like him though), just as the nation too. The northerners, will curse him all the days of his life for taking bread from their tables. The aftermath, only GOD knows.
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Abagworo(m): 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2010
There is a temporary solution to all these.The elections need to be moved and handover shifted to 1st of October.GEJ should start the process of de-centralization in all transparency.This will make the Presidency an unattractive position while regional heads will be as important.If this is done,all those contesting just to come and loot will be discouraged.The issue of resource control should be addressed once and for all.If all these is done,I am so sure that the Niger Deltans will take the bull by the horn in guarding of their pipelines and protecting their environment.It won't be so easy but the process can be initiated.
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Enjoyment1(f): 3:20pm On Oct 30, 2010
When will this end in Nigeria?
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Mobinga: 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2010
cry cry
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Justice4us: 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2010
Abagworo:

There is a temporary solution to all these.The elections need to be moved and handover shifted to 1st of October.GEJ should start the process of de-centralization in all transparency.This will make the Presidency an unattractive position while regional heads will be as important.If this is done,all those contesting just to come and loot will be discouraged.The issue of resource control should be addressed once and for all.If all these is done,I am so sure that the Niger Deltans will take the bull by the horn in guarding of their pipelines and protecting their environment.It won't be so easy but the process can be initiated.

As someone has said, in previous posts, I think formatting the brains of all Nigerians and reloading them afresh, is more realistic (and it is not possible). If power is given to the regions, with all these people still around, what difference will it make? The only difference will be pattern of looting. Besides, the last regional government we had in Nigeria, what came out of Eastern Nigeria? It is only the west that was better of, and that is why they are many years ahead of other regions. What did we get from it? For example, till date, I hear schools fees are still being paid in Anambra schools, amongst others. Please, a more realistic and whollistic new approach be applied, and not this regional rubbish!
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by EzeUche0(m): 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2010
These explosions are adding more problems for the environment!
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by 1025: 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2010
Nigerians na complete mugun una be.When I wrote earlier on that Ateke and all those retired criminal are not MEND,I was accused of supporting IBB.I as well as Ibime also wrote that I am a Niger Deltan and knows more than all these false reports,yet people still blame northerners and called me Igbo.What is so difficult in negotiating with Okah and giving resource control to the people of Niger Delta?I wish I could take a shot at that presidential villa and show Nigerians that change is possible.Make dem just dey mumu dey go.Na IBB bomb Agip pipeline.

@Abagworo,
i do not know the best words to use on this. if for any reason, jonathan misses this opportunity, another goodmorning will be thrown on the niger delta in future.
God has used the devil(obasanjo) to work for the niger delta and nigeria as a whole. this opportunity must not be misused.
if the militants have any purpose, this is the right time to fight with their last blood.
let the attack this time be directed to jonathan who is also part of the niger delta and the militancy. aguiyi ironsi had similar opportunity in 1966 amd wasted it and jonathan is in line to waste a very good opportunity to shape this country into the dreams of owners of the resources that have become beggers in nigeria
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by princekevo(m): 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2010
According to the source, Henry Okah, the leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), who is currently standing trial in a South African, is believed to have re-armed some groups in the region to show his displeasure with the amnesty exercise of the Federal Government.

Has Ukah been arrested for this explosion? Oh sorry i forgot he is still in police custody.
I thought they said Militancy does not exist anymore and Ukah was no more the leader of MEND? Na waooo people can't just stop lying to themselves
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Justice4us: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2010
Anyway, my final take on it today is that, all these should not lead to war, else, countries like BENIN, NIGER and CHAD are in trouble, because the number of refugees, will take over their population grin We might just have a Refugee President, when their next election comes up grin grin grin
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by mbulela: 10:10pm On Oct 30, 2010
IBB e no go better for you.
You have come again grin
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by slap1(m): 5:53am On Oct 31, 2010
Will it be unkind to say these boys are silly? Your brother is on the verge of becoming the president and you can't take care of the home front effectively. Diabolic bunch of sociopaths, when he fails, get ready for real trouble. Apart from marginalization, the next president may not see a problem in deploying soldiers to that place in a ratio of 5:1, i.e, five soldiers to one Bayelsan. Keep bringing in ant-infested fire-wood.
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by kabukabu50(m): 6:06am On Oct 31, 2010
slap1:

Will it be unkind to say these boys are silly? Your brother is on the verge of becoming the president and you can't take care of the home front effectively. Diabolic bunch of sociopaths, when he fails, get ready for real trouble. Apart from marginalization, the next president may not see a problem in deploying soldiers to that place in a ratio of 5:1, i.e, five soldiers to one Bayelsan. Keep bringing in ant-infested fire-wood.

You really are daft grin grin grin, the abokis have had their Presidents, Yar a dua,Babangida and abacha,did that stop them from creativng havoc and unrest all over the country,boko haram style, you are out of your mind.

Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by calddon(m): 6:07am On Oct 31, 2010
anything that has to do with bomb in nigeria, every living thing in Nigeria will blame militants. Why the guilty politicians smile cos they know the cause.
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by Nobody: 6:11am On Oct 31, 2010
the real problem is, non of this rascals struggling to become president have a clear agenda for nigeria.they cant even address the public without reading a script,cant engage themselves in a public debate such that we can evaluate thier mental capacity, lack integrity as 75% of thier life and wealth is questionable.
THEY CANT EVEN PROTECT THIER OWN LIFE AND PROPERTY not to talk of the nation at large,a brake up is imminent .i need to renew my passport
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by ogazi007(m): 6:36am On Oct 31, 2010
Shame on our Government,fingers crossed to see whom they will blame this on.
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by slap1(m): 7:21am On Oct 31, 2010
kabukabu50:

You really are daft grin grin grin, the abokis have had their Presidents, Yar a dua,Babangida and abacha,did that stop them from creativng havoc and unrest all over the country,boko haram style, you are out of your mind.
I won't be lured into trading irrelevant and unprovoked texts with you. Would you rather I applaud the militants? I condemned their action via what I wrote. What did you do? Chase shadows.
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by md4real(m): 7:38am On Oct 31, 2010
I am still suprised at how some people still tend to blame I B B for a crime happening at the back ground of mr president. If this man cannot control his home state not even region, how does he intend to run this whole nation. Nigeria surely needs Goodluck but not Jonathan. Fingers are crossed to see how he spin this, *rushing to check his facebook status*
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by md4real(m): 7:39am On Oct 31, 2010
I am still suprised at how some people still tend to blame I B B for a crime happening at the back ground of mr president. If this man cannot control his home state not even region, how does he intend to run this whole nation. Nigeria surely needs Goodluck but not Jonathan. Fingers are crossed to see how he spin this, *rushing to check his facebook status*
Re: Another Explosion Rocks! As Militants Attack Agip Pipelines In Bayelsa. by 9icest: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2010
Indepedence Bomb Blast = IBB

Bayelsa Agip Pipeline Blast =

Hey, you pro-Jonathan geniuses, we need your help on this one. You guys should find an acronym to divert this on IBB again! Come on! Think!
But try and not use that dump text message move again abeg. That will be way too primary 2.

Anyways, if we have GEJ in power come 2011, there will definitely be more and more unprovoked explosion by his special pets called MEND, etc.
You think they wont blow up that shiny road in Ajah leading to the new proposed refinery and airport for no reason? Or they wont hit some commercial parts of Lagos real soon? Or you may never be a victim?

The biggest failure of this terrorist group GEJ is protecting is their personal compromise, and allowing a criminal like Gov. Sylvia to remain in power since he settles them. I am from Bayelsa, and for a state with such little population to remain in such shocking rot while those MEND boys shares millions of naira monthly is pathetic!
This is not about the rights of the people in the SW. This is just about some bunch of divided cultists criminals who picks up their weapons whenever their funds get low.
And GEJ is one of them. Thats why even if they blow up his own mother and father, he will never investigate it without adding some politics.

Nigeria is going nowhere. Not when we elect an illiterate who cant construct good english as president. I wonder who gave him a doctorate. Atleast, Abacha didnt claim he was a doctor, no did that useless Baba from Owu.
This is sad. Because Nigeria is nothing but this: Fake country. Fake people. Fake Leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Performing Governors Of Eastern Nigeria At The Moment. / Man Burns Himself As Wife Gives Birth Tochinese Twins (photo) / Son Of Chadian President Is At The War Front, Where Is Yusuf Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.