Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,555 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? (37979 Views)

What Kind Of Fish Is This? (pics/video) / What Kind Of Snake Is This? / Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by sholarr12: 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2019
Despite how good gas cookers are, they can be very dangerous.

What are the safety measures to take to prevent gas explosion from a gas cooker.

What kind of gas cooker is worse?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by badmrkt(m): 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
grin grin
Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by KIDfurniture(m): 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
tongue
Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by ct2: 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
Keep out of reach of children

17 Likes

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by yaksdavirus: 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
Keep out of reach of children
Keep gas cylinder outside or far away from burner
Discontinue if you perceive any leakage
Service cylinders and burners regularly
Always be mindful of expiry date
Have quick fire fighting devices
And most importantly commit your safety to God after observing your checks

197 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by itunity007(m): 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
If you ask me ....na who I go ask

1 Like

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by EddyNumerouno(m): 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
Any gas cooker should have a considerable length of hose from the source of the gas to the point of ignition.
That thing sold as camp gas is just a mini time bomb

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by starbuck(f): 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
I am here to learn

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by otiwisdom: 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
OK on a serious note
For those of you that are afraid to use gas cooker because of explosion ,please know that gas cooker Hadly explod.
I once had a neighbor that on it gas cooker till morning with mistake but there was no harm done.
Just use it carefully.
Did you know that candle can easily burn down your house than gas cooker and also if you have money try to buy the one that doesn't use match stick but if you are a student you can use the little one.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by BOOOMNAIJA: 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
Most of d posters above me are idiots, they are just here to book space

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by Zico5(m): 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
Waiting o
Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by peteroria1001: 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
Take time to look out to expiring date.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by brushesz: 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
*Avoid expired gas cylinder
*Avoid mounting burner directly on the cylinder
*Avoid keeping cylinder indoor

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by ogbunaigwee(m): 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
i still dey use firewood

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by JubrinElSudan: 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
Keep the cylinder outside. My former apartment, the landlord made provision for all cylinders to the kept outside

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by alienvirus: 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2019

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by pholar(m): 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2019
Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2019
Never strike a match or put on a lighter when you percieve the smell of gas in a closed room/kicthen/hall way or any part of the house.

DISTRESS SALES DEAL on a Lexus down my signature.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by ayovenice(m): 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2019
Only the grace of God is sure... What will be will be..... Just let's pray against accidents....

12 Likes

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by EdwardRandy(m): 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2019
Just put your cylinder outside the house and always ensure you lock the gas properly after use.. And if you smell a leakage, ensure u open all the doors and windows for proper ventilation.

13 Likes

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by Mutemenot(m): 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2019
shocked Always checkout for smell as it's a sign of leakage .
Bad hose should be avoided.
Novice or kids shouldn't be allowed to use the gas cooker .

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by Miracle4Sure: 7:53pm On Sep 15, 2019
Okay
Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by akaahs(m): 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2019
My worst nightmare ever, till up today fair no gree allow me dey use gas cooker. May be this post might help me as I dey plan settle down next year.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2019
peteroria1001:
Take time to look out to expiring date.
it isn't harmful after expiration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by Nsarug80: 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2019
Ensure that your cylinder is kept in an average temperature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by Joe50(m): 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2019
I think is good to take the cylinder outside the kitchen and bore little hole to let the hose through.

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by MosiPeterz(m): 7:55pm On Sep 15, 2019
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2019
akaahs:
My worst nightmare ever, till up today fair no gree allow me dey use gas cooker. May be this post might help me as I dey plan settle down next year.
We dey in the same shoes man.. I know a guy who came back from work and trust Nepa people na with power outage... So when this guy entered his house, he was perceiving a gas odour and he decided to trail the odur to see where it was coming from and the odur led him to his kitchen. Since there was no light, he taught of turning on the tourch in his smartphone to see how he could stop the leakage and that was it.. Immediately he turned on his phone touch, the gas went boom!! Thanks be to God he didn't die but it left a serious scar on him despite treatments so since that time coupled with other fearful stories I've heared I fear gas pass lion... This story is not a rumor the guy cuts his hair in the same saloon with me. na him use him mouth narrate the incident....

Some fools have been coming to my mention to display their idiocy because of this post.. I wonder what could be their problem.. Is it that they can't read or is it that they can't understand... I clearly stated above that the incident was narrated at a barbers shop where I also go to cut my hair.. I didn't say I was there neither did I read it anywhere on the internet. The guy narrated the story and I believed him... I hate gas enough to doubt him... The guy may be wrong I don't know and I don't care I already learnt one or two from his story but just incase the over sabi ones are doubting abeg experiment it at home, do a video and share the link with me and I promise to delete this whole write up...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2019
1 keep cylinder outside the house
2 buy an original good quality cylinder
3 buy gas from major marketers not roadside sellers
4 try to buy a brand new stove. Avoid Chinko. I got my mum a new gas cooker.the last one she had was not stainless steel and it basically fell to pieces. A leaky stove or cooker can release gas

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by richPHAROAH: 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2019
aaronson:
it isn't harmful after expiration.

there is nothing distress about that sale

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by derbykol(f): 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2019
ayovenice:
Only the grace of God is sure... What will be will be..... Just let's pray against accidents....
Discard such mentality.Safety is paramount in daily living.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Safety Measures For Gas Cooker & What Kind Of Gas Cooker Is Worse? by Beremx(f): 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2019
Check for the valve. Sometimes it can leak. Put water in the valve. If it bubbles, then there's a leakage. If it doesn't then it's ok. Put cylinders outside the house

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Caught This Pigeon Flying In My Room, I Cooked And Ate It / How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? / Lady Feeds Hungry Residents In Lagos For Free (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.