Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

South East Governors Ignore PDP Meeting In Anambra State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Governors Ignore PDP Meeting In Anambra State (806 Views)

Melaye, Ortom Clash At PDP Meeting Over Ex-Gov's Support For Tinubu (Video) / Victor Isaiah Escapes Mishap As Soldiers Invade His House During PDP Meeting / Dino Melaye Joins Atiku & PDP Governors At PDP Meeting In Abuja (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South East Governors Ignore PDP Meeting In Anambra State by EBMedia: 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2019
Igberetv reports that the four Governors of the Peoples Democratic Party PDP in the southeast failed to attend the zonal meeting of the party on Sunday in Anambra State.

None of Governors Emeka Ihedioha of Imo, Dave Umahi of Ebonyi, Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia and and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu states attended the meeting.

The southeast meeting of the party however attracted the zonal Chairman of PDP, Austine Umahi From Ebonyi and the Governorship hopefuls for Anambra 2021.

Leading the group of the governorship aspirants were Dr Obiora Okonkwo, Sen Uche Ekwunife and Hon Chris Azubuogu among others.

The aspirants vowed to work together to ensure victory in the 2021 governorship election to make the entire zone a PDP controlled zone.

They also promised that they would not allow the party to be hijacked by money bags or its ticket bought, during the election.

Addressing the members, the zonal chairman, Mr Austin Umahi, warned interested aspirants to rather resort to hard work than hoping to hijack the party.

According to him: “We’re happy that Anambra PDP today is one family. There is no faction in the party in the state today, and I want to assure you that under my watch, no one man can hijack this party.

“My wish is that under my watch, Anambra will join PDP. I am not in doubt that you have the capacity to do this. You have people in Anambra who are capable, and the party in the state also has the resources."

http://igberetvnews.com/994840/south-east-governors-ignore-pdp-meeting-in-anambra-state/

Re: South East Governors Ignore PDP Meeting In Anambra State by Sunofgod(m): 7:41pm On Sep 15, 2019
Anambra is APGA..... they better stay away.
Re: South East Governors Ignore PDP Meeting In Anambra State by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2019
“My wish is that under my watch, Anambra will join PDP. I am not in doubt that you have the capacity to do this. You have people in Anambra who are capable, and the party in the state also has the resources."

Please Austine Umahi Anambra is not joining any PDP.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: South East Governors Ignore PDP Meeting In Anambra State by nrexzy: 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2019
U don meanit
Re: South East Governors Ignore PDP Meeting In Anambra State by helinues: 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2019
undecided

I dont think the governors are invited..

Why having the meeting in Anambra, Apga state?
Re: South East Governors Ignore PDP Meeting In Anambra State by FulaniBandits: 7:47pm On Sep 15, 2019
Fake news

1 Like

Re: South East Governors Ignore PDP Meeting In Anambra State by SLAP44: 7:59pm On Sep 15, 2019
Fake news.
Re: South East Governors Ignore PDP Meeting In Anambra State by Flyingngel(m): 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2019
If Anambra indigenes still want atleast 70% of good governance they shld stick with Apga, but if they are not interested in that they shld look at APC and PDP. After 4years na body go tell them.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Photos From The Jummat Service Held To Celebrate Ajimobi's 70th Birthday / Why Nigerians Should Support Government's Effort To Rehabilitate Insurgents / Coronavirus: Print More Naira Notes, Tinubu Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.