Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle? (6620 Views)

How Long Does It Take To Get A Job In The US / How Long Does It Take To Travel From Lagos To Ph By Road? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle? by iykedee: 9:40am On Oct 30, 2010
hello all
I tendered an all my supporting documents in pursuance of an Engineering MSc course for January 2011 to the University of Northumbria on the 4th of October and I am yet to get an offer.

My grades are good and all the documents ( transcripts, first degree certificate. Recommendation letters from my employer and school) were scanned in the correct format which the school has acknowledged receiving.

I am curious to know if anyone has had a similar experience with the said school. I already got offers for strathclyde, Hertfordshire, Notgtingham Trent all a few days after I applied but Northumbria is actually wher I wanna go. Each time I call them, they always tell me that I will get a reply soon but soon never comes.

Pls anyone with a similar experience, please let me know because I wanna apply for the tier 4 student visa on time but cannot do that without a CAS.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle? by justwise(m): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2010
@: iykedee

Check the acknowledgement email or letter they sent you and see if there is a condition attached, things like paying some part of ur fees or reference from another person other than ur employer.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle? by iykedee: 10:29am On Oct 30, 2010
@justwise
I am really happy that the legendary "you" replied to my post. The problem is that they sent a mail saying that the recieved my application and a decision would be reached shortly and relayed to me but they have neither given me a conditional offer, an unconditional offer or a refusal letter. I am willing to pay the tuition in full (£9800) to be eligible for a £300 discount for paying in full which would now bring tuition to £9500.

Each time I call, its always the same story about how the admissions panel will take a decision "soon" but it never happens. I have sent two emails requesting that they expedite the process but they didnt reply those mails. I am tempted to go for other lower rated schools because from the other threads that you have offered your expert advice, I know paying fees, getting CAS and applying for a tier 4 student visa takes a while and the couse resumption date is Jan 17th

What do you think I should do at this point?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle? by justwise(m): 11:14am On Oct 30, 2010
iykedee:

@justwiseI am really happy that the legendary "you" replied to my post. The problem is that they sent a mail saying that the recieved my application and a decision would be reached shortly and relayed to me but they have neither given me a conditional offer, an unconditional offer or a refusal letter. I am willing to pay the tuition in full (£9800) to be eligible for a £300 discount for paying in full which would now bring tuition to £9500.Each time I call, its always the same story about how the admissions panel will take a decision "soon" but it never happens. I have sent two emails requesting that they expedite the process but they didnt reply those mails. I am tempted to go for other lower rated schools because from the other threads that you have offered your expert advice, I know paying fees, getting CAS and applying for a tier 4 student visa takes a while and the couse resumption date is Jan 17thWhat do you think I should do at this point?
I understand ur concern, give them this coming week and see if they will email you, the Jan admission will become a serious issue from this Nov. If they did not reply you by say. . second week of Nov then u can look elsewhere, but i think you should apply to ur second choice uni while you wait for the first choice decision. The moment u get the conditional offer and pay the fees, the CAS takes less than 2wks to be issued, that means u will avoid Dec visa rush.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle? by iykedee: 6:27pm On Oct 30, 2010
@justwise
It is so annoying to see yourself being propelled towards something you tried taking steps to avoid. I enrolled with an agent (PFL) with a quite handsome fee before I started visiting the traval section of Nairaland. They were supposed to look for a good school for me with January start, they were not very meticulous and they suggested University of Greenwich. Being a greenhorn then, I hurriedly got all supporting documents and submitted to them around July.

I got on the internet one day out of boredom and I saw that Greenwich was lowly ranked according to Sunday times, Guardian and a few other sources. Needless to say, I was immediately disenchanted with the school and after countless hours of googling, I found a University on a decent spot on the tables that offers my intended course of study also with January start (Northumbria). I went back to my agent whose account I massaged with a good sum of money only to be told that they were not affillated with the school and they couldnt help me with the application and couldnt give me a refund (note that they hadnt applied to Greenwich then).

I now decided to apply directly and I did this on the 4th of October and with the way things are going, I might be involved in the December rush that I had tried avoiding (I have had complete tuition and maintenance for over 80 days)

I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed and wait for Northumbria to get its act together.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle? by justwise(m): 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2010
@ iykedee

I feel ur pain, i have been there b4, so i know where you are coming from. Be positve, you are in a very good position, u have ur fees and maintenance money, this Nov is enough for you to round things up, they will reply you, they maybe busy with this new semeter. Northumbria is not a bad uni at all, so give them sometimes while you consider ur plan B.

All the very best.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle? by iykedee: 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2010
@justwise
Thanks. I will definitely give u a shout when I get the offer
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle? by iykedee: 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2010
@justwise, I just got an unconditional offer and I am racing to pay the full cost of tuition first thing tomorrow morning. Thank you for all your help. You are the best!!!!
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle? by justwise(m): 7:49pm On Nov 09, 2010
iykedee:

@justwise, I just got an unconditional offer and I am racing to pay the full cost of tuition first thing tomorrow morning. Thank you for all your help. You are the best!!!!

I'm happy for you, if ur payment goes through this week, ur CAS could be ready by next week. All the best.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle? by xxthie: 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
Please is Northumbria University a good university to study in for Nigerians..
I'm considering some factors
*Employability
*standard of living in Newcastle

The course I'm looking at has an advanced practice..
How sure am I that I will will get a placement?

(1) (Reply)

REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? / Relocating To Ghana Or Liberia / Help: Going To Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.