Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos (32995 Views)

Ogun Threatens To Take Over Abandoned Lands Used As Dumpsites / Coronavirus: Lagos orders scavengers to vacate refuse dumpsites / Ban On Street Begging Forces Almajiri To Dumpsites In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by Arsenella007(f): 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2019
sonnie10:

Cost

That's is the Nigerian mentality.. Have you thought of the Benefits and also the effects the burning of these hips of refuse is having on the environment?

But if recycled alot of end products can be derived from it. Like organic manure, plastics, even scrap metals, etc.

1 Like

Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by Abbeyme: 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2019
ainas247:
shocked Wow, this is great more grease to your elbow.
THESOLUTIONISNOWHERE
What do you see? Eko Oni Baje
God Bless Nigeria.

Mean while rank your website, business on Google
and help your business with good traffic

THE SOLUTION IS NOW HERE

OR

THE SOLUTION IS NOWHERE

1 Like

Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2019
That's not an achievement please. That is not what that Olusosun needs for now. The place is putting the health of thousands in jeopardy.

Ambode once ordered that dumping in that place be stopped immediately and the people enjoyed and were relieved while that time of sanity lasted.

The stench has come fully loaded after Ambode left.
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by healthserve(m): 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2019
GLReocord:
Do you have a track you want to record ?

If yes. then you are lucky to be one of many to get a very good discount on all recordings. Record more than three songs and get a mouth-watering discount for your track/album.

What does the cost entail ?

The professionalism/quality is still the same at the discounted rate. We factor in the beating-making, producers fee, facility and un-interrupted power supply.

Where are You Located ?

Great Life Entertainment multimedia & studios is situated at No 36 Olakunle Selesi Crescent Off Asa-Afariogun Street Ajao Esate Lagos, Nigeria.

If you are intrested in getting the best quality/sweet sound for your music,

Kindly Whatsapp/Call to Book An Appointment

Victory

234-8138-497-067.

Saved
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
This is nothing but landfill, When the Effect will take place, It will be disasterous.
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by Nthrone(m): 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2019
GLReocord:
Do you have a track you want to record ?

If yes. then you are lucky to be one of many to get a very good discount on all recordings. Record more than three songs and get a mouth-watering discount for your track/album.

What does the cost entail ?

How much a track

The professionalism/quality is still the same at the discounted rate. We factor in the beating-making, producers fee, facility and un-interrupted power supply.

Where are You Located ?

Great Life Entertainment multimedia & studios is situated at No 36 Olakunle Selesi Crescent Off Asa-Afariogun Street Ajao Esate Lagos, Nigeria.

If you are intrested in getting the best quality/sweet sound for your music,

Kindly Whatsapp/Call to Book An Appointment

Victory

234-8138-497-067.

How much for a track
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by nanizle(m): 5:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
sonnie10:

Cost

Cost ke? Waste management can be quite profitable.

Recycling and power generation from landfills are some profitable shortcuts of it.
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by FarahAideed: 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2019
Toscarele:
Lagos has always been lucky when it comes to governance, their governors talk less and believe in action always ahead , while I can say the same for the other governors

managing Lagos is like managing a small African country

Are you aware that 70 percent of the roads in Lagos are either in disrepair or complete dirt tracks

Are you aware that 99% of Lagosians have no access to potable water from the water board

Are you aware that 80% of Lagosians have to access to proper toilets

Are you aware Lagos is rated the 3rd worst city in the world after KABUL and Damascus?

Please stop applauding mediocrity

2 Likes

Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by Toscarele: 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2019
FarahAideed:

Are you aware that 70 percent of the roads in Lagos are either in disrepair or complete dirt tracks

Are you aware that 99% of Lagosians have no access to potable water from the water board

Are you aware Lagos is rated the 3rd worst city in the world after KABUL and Damascus?

It's never easy managing one of the most populated cities in the world, and please where did you get these figures from
Did you just cook them up in the comfort of your Home ?

Do you hold the government responsible for the kinda toilet in your home?
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by Ipoblooser: 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2019
9jaRealist:
Sometimes, it seems the primary aim of this Sanwo-Olu administration is to prove Ambode wrong... undecided

Nothing else would explain why in the 21st century, we not only still have a dumpsite like Olusosun smack in the middle of a population center, but BSO is now saying that Olusosun would be further expanded.

The poisonous gases building up there have already spontaneously combusted once before, but we’re apparently waiting for a mega-tragedy before finally closing it down as the Ambode administration proposed. SMH

>
Wailers spotted. Hate flows in their bloodstream
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by Ipoblooser: 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2019
FarahAideed:

Maybe the areas there r filled with igbos so let them develop it
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by 9jaRealist: 6:41pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ipoblooser:

Wailers spotted. Hate flows in their bloodstream

I suspect that you are NOT a Lagosian...
Otherwise, you're going to be one LITERALLY "wailing" when your family is killed or poisoned. SMH
undecided
>
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by 9jaRealist: 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2019
Gracealone:
That's nit an achievement please. That is not what that Olusosun needs for now. The place is putting the health of thousands in jeopardy.

Ambode once ordered that dumping in that be stopped immediately and the people enjoyed and were relieved.

The stench has come fully loaded after Ambode left.

Glad to see we still have folks on NL who have not completely lost their senses...
>

1 Like

Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by Ipoblooser: 6:47pm On Sep 16, 2019
9jaRealist:

I suspect that you are NOT a Lagosian...
Otherwise, you're going to be one LITERALLY "wailing" when your family is killed or poisoned. SMH
undecided
>
No I’m going to wait for your own family to be killed and poisoned first before u talk about mine cos we covered wailer
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by 9jaRealist: 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ipoblooser:

No I’m going to wait for your own family to be killed and poisoned first before u talk about mine cos we covered wailer

Glad to see you PAINED at the possibility of the consequences of bad policy hitting close to home... cheesy

Carry on with crude partisan support for poor policy...
But be rest assured it will bite you and yours sooner than later. SMH

>
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by Ipoblooser: 7:06pm On Sep 16, 2019
9jaRealist:

Glad to see you PAINED when the consequences of bad policy hits close to home... cheesy
That's the problem with most Nigerians and their so-called 'leaders' - a decided lack of empathy.

Carry on with crude partisan support for poor policy...
But be rest assured it will bite you and yours sooner than later. SMH

>
Funny enough u r pained cos u won’t comment on my post if u r not. Let me wave to u grin
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by 9jaRealist: 7:09pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ipoblooser:

Funny enough u r pained cos u won’t comment on my post if u r not. Let me wave to u grin

Troll, you first commented on my post, not vice versa...
Has the poison from Olusosun already affecting your brain or were you born mentally-slow?!
grin
>
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by Charly68: 7:10pm On Sep 16, 2019
Arsenella007:
Why can't the government recycle these heap of dirts?
Good talk my brother..this people aren't thinking right ..they have the resources but lack the will to do the needful . imagine the multiplier effects
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by Ipoblooser: 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2019
9jaRealist:

Troll, you first commented on my post, not vice versa...
Has the poison from Olusosun already affecting your brain or were you born mentally-slow?!
grin
>
No u got amnesia u trolled me n I gave u ur shit back. Leave oluosun alone let’s talk about amadioha
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by 9jaRealist: 7:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ipoblooser:

No u got amnesia u trolled me n I gave u ur shit back. Leave oluosun alone let’s talk about amadioha

The saying that "those who ASS-u-me..." comes to mind... grin grin grin

Anyway, I do not dignify crude tabilistic trolls with substantive attention...
It only encourages DUMB tribal demagoguery IRRELEVANT to substantive discourse. SMH

>
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by FarahAideed: 7:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ipoblooser:

Maybe the areas there r filled with igbos so let them develop it

Have we not developed Lekki phase 1 enough for U?
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by FarahAideed: 8:36pm On Sep 16, 2019
Toscarele:

It's never easy managing one of the most populated cities in the world, and please where did you get these figures from
Did you just cook them up in the comfort of your Home ?

Do you hold the government responsible for the kinda toilet in your home?

You think I cooked this up ?

Okay simple test :

Do you have potable water supply from waterboard to your house ?

Is the road infront of your current house okay? Is it tarred ?

Do you have proper drainage on your street?

Do all your neighbours have proper toilets ?

Answer this truthfully
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by sonnie10: 9:07pm On Sep 16, 2019
9jaRealist:

Cost? Recycling is “cheaper” than the real cost of landfills, which often poses the considerable danger of groundwater contamination...
Furthermore, we should really be using our huge waste to generate electricity rather than waiting for the gases to explode and kill folks.
>
For Nigeria to be specific, the cost of recycling is higher than that if the raw materials for plastics and even metal.
Cost is the bottom line that would decourage private companies from recycling. If it’s proifitable people would do it regardless, Government can’t do everything

1 Like

Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by 9jaRealist: 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
sonnie10:

For Nigeria to be specific, the cost of recycling is higher than that if the raw materials for plastics and even metal.
Cost is the bottom line that would decourage private companies from recycling. If it’s proifitable people would do it regardless, Government can’t do everything

There are already several private companies engaged in waste recycling in Lagos (WeCyclers probably being the most prominent)...
Nonetheless, we should not mistake price for "cost". The real "cost" of anything is what we would ultimately incur as a consequence.

What is primarily needed from government are policies that incentivize/promote/reward recycling (from pre-sorting requirements to tax policy).
>
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by sonnie10: 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2019
9jaRealist:

There are already several private companies engaged in waste recycling in Lagos (WeCyclers probably being the most prominent)...
Nonetheless, we should not mistake price for "cost". The real "cost" of anything is what we would ultimately incur as a consequence.

What is primarily needed from government are policies that incentivize/promote/reward recycling (from pre-sorting requirements to tax policy).
>
Recycling is not sustainable in most cases. North America companies knew that ever since, that is the reason they ship their sorted plastic wastes to China. Now China have seen that it is not profitable and they have stopped receiving those waste. Even China is dumping their cheap recycle d metals in African markets.
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by 9jaRealist: 9:57pm On Sep 16, 2019
sonnie10:

Recycling is not sustainable in most cases. North America companies knew that ever since, that is the reason they ship their sorted plastic wastes to China. Now China have seen that it is not profitable and they have stopped receiving those waste. Even China is dumping their cheap recycle d metals in African markets.

I guess the world should abandon recycling then?
Yet again, you persist in confusing price with cost.
>
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by Toscarele: 9:58pm On Sep 16, 2019
FarahAideed:

You think I cooked this up ?
Okay simple test :
Do you have potable water supply from waterboard to your house ?
Is the road infront of your current house okay? Is it tarred ?
Do you have proper drainage on your street?
Do all your neighbours have proper toilets ?
Answer this truthfully
not around

1 Like

Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by FarahAideed: 10:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
Toscarele:

not around

Okay , I now understand
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by d0pekellz(m): 11:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
sonnie10:

Only if these folks here knew how it's cost ineffective to recycle plastic. About 30% of the world plastic is recycled- that should inform you that it ait cheap. Secondly it's not sustainable in this clime going by our bad maintenance culture . No government would spend that much for something they know posterity won't maintain and sustain.
Re: See What LASG Is Doing To Major Dumpsites Across The State - Photos by JKisOK(m): 11:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
Why did they not mention the Igando dumpsite in that list?

This is a dumpsite that has sacked and forced an amusement centre, Rosellas, into relocation. That dumpsite sits pertly as a huge nuisance to not just the inhabitants but the General Hospital, Igando, all of whom were there long before a group of brigands began to dig up prime land meant for a Lagos State vocational and skills acquisition institution. These unscrupulous elements later sited this illegal dumpsite that has been a nuisance to patients, doctors and health personnel in that area, as well as to the thousands of residents.

To worsen matters, that spot on the Liasu-Isheri highway is fast deteriorating into a nightmarish traffic spot.

Former Lagos Commissioners of The Environment, Muiz Banire and Tunji Bello, have questions to answer on this perfidy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chief Of Staff: Ministers Push For Cabinet Candidate / Words On Marble: Key Quotes From Atiku Abubakar's Press Conference Today / How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.