Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? (1761 Views)

IPOB What Next? / Picture Of The Day. PMB Vs Ipob / Ipob ,what Will Ikwerres Add To Igboland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by AAEEI: 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2019
I am trying to understand these phenomenons more

So, can someone please tell me what Boko Haram (BH) is fighting for?

Do they want a different country from Nigeria?
Do they want one Nigeria where everyone will become a Muslim and subjected to Sharia laws?
Do they want all Nigerians to become Hausa-Fulani-Kanuri, in one country?

What does IPOB want?

Do they want a different country for Igbos?
Do they want to appropriate unwilling non-Igbos into their new country?
Do they want fairness and equality among all Nigerians and hence, Biafra is a metaphor?

Are these two the same political idealogy? (Forget for once about the killings by BH vs the largely peaceful approach of IPOB. Just focus of the hoped-for outcomes)

If the ideology are the same (namely, a different country), why do online armchair forums focus on IPOB and not on BH in terms of the political ideology?
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by vickyhow(m): 6:05pm On Sep 16, 2019
IPOB motives are apparently sensible with qreat Visions

While for BH group, first things first, their reputation proceeds them, needless to say they are a Terrorist qroup whose aims are far from beinq delectable!

10 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by CyynthiaKiss(f): 6:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
Boko Haram are Muslims, Igbos are not

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by AAEEI: 6:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:
Boko Haram are Muslims, Igbos are not

This is not just about being Muslims. So, please go back and read my post again, if you may. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by Enculer: 6:44pm On Sep 16, 2019
Wow.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by AAEEI: 7:09pm On Sep 16, 2019
Enculer:
Yoruba reasoning.

Nwanna, biko si ebea pua, if you don't ave anything meaningful to say. We can't all be Yoruba. Okay?
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by goodnessme1(f): 7:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ipob are biafran.

Boko haram are mostly yoruba muslims and hausafulanis muslim.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by AAEEI: 7:39pm On Sep 16, 2019
goodnessme1:
Ipob are biafran.

Boko haram are mostly yoruba muslims and hausafulanis muslim.

So what does BH want vs IPOB?
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by gidgiddy: 7:52pm On Sep 16, 2019
The ideology of Boko harm is that they want their brand of Islam enthroned on everybody, by force. The Taliban did the same in Afghanistan. The Taliban overran Afghanistan, seized government and enthroned their brand of Islamic fundamentalism on the rest of the country.

IPOB on the other hand has no interest in taking over any government nor enthroning any religious order on anybody. What IPOB wants is that a referendum be conducted a certain area called the SE/SS to determine if the ethnic nationalities in that area want to continue with Nigeria or get independence as Biafra

The difference between both ideologies is while Boko Haram are trying to enforce their ideology by force of arms, IPOB is trying to get their referendum without force of arms

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by ihitenansa: 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
gidgiddy:
The ideology of Boko harm is that they want their brand of Islam enthroned on everybody, by force. The Taliban did the same in Afghanistan. The Taliban overran Afghanistan, seized government and enthroned their brand of Islamic fundamentalism on the rest of the country.

IPOB on the other hand has no interest in taking over any government nor enthroning any religious order on anybody. What IPOB wants is that a referendum be conducted a certain area called the SE/SS to determine if the ethnic nationalities in that area want to continue with Nigeria or get independence as Biafra

The difference between both ideologies is while Boko Haram are trying to enforce their ideology by force of arms, IPOB is trying to get their referendum without force of arms

nice one gid..

But where is pazienza?

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by Liftkid(m): 8:18pm On Sep 16, 2019
The difference is Clear " THERE WAS A COUNTRY CALLED BIAFRA"
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by Benoxvals(m): 8:19pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ipob has series of enquiry channels:phone lines,media handles,email adds and so on.You can actually get an accurate response via these media.

Boko Haram...to the best of my knowledge can only be contacted via that forest.I wouldn’t advise you to visit and for you to say that we should ignore the gruesome killings by BH for a moment gave me goosebumps..who does that?

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
@ aaeei
While you are looking to identify differences, I feel it would be more enlightening to focus on similarities between the two groups

Boko haram is refusing to recognise the laws of Nigeria.

IPOB also refuses to recognise laws of Nigeria.

Boko haram refuses to register itself as a legal organisation that is accountable to any recognised legal authority with code of conduct.

IPOB also refuses to register itself as a legal organisation that is accountable to any recognised legal authority with code of conduct.

Boko haram refuses to register itself as a political party and participate in the countries democratic system.

IPOB also refuses to register itself as a political party and participate in the countries democratic system.

Boko haram is lead by a leader who is not interested in pragmatism and diplomacy .

IPOB is also headed by a leader who is not interested in pragmatism and diplomacy.

Boko haram is lead by someone that appears to have no past and very little is known about.

IPOB is also lead by someone that appears to have no past and very little is known about.

Boko haram tries to achieve his objectives by making threats (true meaning of terrorism)

IPOB also tries to achieve his objectives by making threats (true meaning of terrorism)
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by helinues: 9:20pm On Sep 16, 2019
You can't compare the 2 ..

The Boko harams leaders/ members themselves dont know what they are killing for or dieing for. So what they are demanding is senseless.

In the case of Igbos, they have visions/agendas just that their manner of approach is wrong.

Igbos needs to transform into a regional political party ( Not with this our current politicians oo).

Igbos' are known to be successful in business, they can do the same in politics only if they can work together.

Biafra might be achieved in the future but first, Igbo should put their house in order
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by AAEEI: 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

Am I understanding from your response that BH does not want a new country for itself, but wants every Nigerian to become Islamic adherents; whereas IPOB clearly wants a different country created from Nigeria?

That said, does your point on BH affirm why Islamic religious leaders in the North and South West hardly condemn BH?

Does your point on IPOB that includes SS not suggest that Igbos want to foist Biafra on non-Igbos in SS?

Thanks
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by AAEEI: 9:42pm On Sep 16, 2019
Benoxvals:
Ipob has series of enquiry channels:phone lines,media handles,email adds and so on.You can actually get an accurate response via these media.

Boko Haram...to the best of my knowledge can only be contacted via that forest.I wouldn’t advise you to visit and for you to say that we should ignore the gruesome killings by BH for a moment gave me goosebumps..who does that?

Of course, we are not going to be ignoring the killing by BH. Just to momentarily situate the political ideologies driving each group, regardless of the peaceful (IPOB) or volatile (BH) pathways they are taking. The killing aspect of BH struggle is not what I want to understand here. Thanks
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by gidgiddy: 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
AAEEI:

Am I understanding from your response that BH does not want a new country for itself, but wants every Nigerian to become Islamic adherents; whereas IPOB clearly wants a different country create from Nigeria?

That said, those your point on BH affirm why Islamic religious leaders in the North and South West hardly condemns BH?

Those your point on IPOB that includes SS not suggest that Igbos want to foist Biafra on non-Igbos in SS?

Thanks

It is not possible that IPOB can be foisting Biafra on anyone when the want a referendum. Referendum means that those who feel that they are better off in Nigeria can vote to continue with Nigeria while those who vote to exit Nigeria will get independence

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 16, 2019
GenBuhari:
@ aaeei
While you are looking to identify differences, I feel it would be more enlightening to focus on similarities between the two groups

Boko haram refuses to register itself as a legal organisation that is accountable to any recognised legal authority with code of conduct.

IPOB also refuses to register itself as a legal organisation that is accountable to any recognised legal authority with code of conduct.

Boko haram refuses to register itself as a political party and participate in the countries democratic system.

IPOB also refuses to register itself as a political party and participate in the countries democratic system.

Boko haram is lead by a leader who is not interested in pragmatism and diplomacy .

IPOB is also headed by a leader who is not interested in pragmatism and diplomacy.

Boko haram is lead by someone that appears to have no past and very little is known about.

IPOB is also lead by someone that appears to have no past and very little is known about.

Boko haram tries to achieve his objectives by making threats (true meaning of terrorism)

IPOB also tries to achieve his objectives by making threats (true meaning of terrorism)

Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by mrvitalis(m): 10:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
First of all comparing a terrorist group to IPOB is foolishness .....

This comparism is stupid

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 16, 2019
Who is IPOB to request a referendum ?

who gave them the authority or mandate to make such a request?
gidgiddy:

It is not possible that IPOB can be foisting Biafra on anyone when the want a referendum. Referendum means that those who feel that they are better off in Nigeria can vote to continue with Nigeria while those who vote to exit Nigeria will get independence
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by AAEEI: 10:06pm On Sep 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

Okay! I get your explanation. Thanks. But it brings me to another curious question, if I may. Assuming in a referendum Igbos in Delta or Rivers are divided say 50:50 for:against Biafra, what would IPOB do?

On the other hand, it seems clear that most non-Igbos in SS would not want to be with Igbos in Biafra. For me, even as an Igbo, I do not see any gain of them escaping one marginalization (by all majority Nigerians) only to fall potentially (note that I used the term potentially) into another (by Igbos). I would no do it. I just finished watching a documentary where a notable Ogoni man was asking why Nnamdi Kanu is crying marginalization of Igbos by Nigeria, but then wants to add Ogoni to his Biafra, for a new round of marginalization of the Ogonis by Biafra. Do you understand this concern?
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 16, 2019
mrvitalis:

This comparism is stupid

IPOB displays every characteristics of a terrorist group.
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by mumumugu(m): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2019
Boko k boys have Fulani backing while Ipob have IBO backing...only difference

both are bold enough to voice out what they want while the browned roof who want similar are coward enough to state their needs
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by AAEEI: 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
mrvitalis:

This comparism is stupid

We are comparing their different expected outcomes, not the process to achieve those outcomes (which makes one a terrorist and the other not). Please have an open mind.
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by mumumugu(m): 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

but by insult
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by mumumugu(m): 10:10pm On Sep 16, 2019
Benoxvals:

Ipob get face, get leader. book boys dont
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by mumumugu(m): 10:10pm On Sep 16, 2019
GenBuhari:
@ aaeei

has Nigeria recognized its own laws, do they obey court order

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by AAEEI: 10:11pm On Sep 16, 2019
All: Please ignore GenBuhari. He is troller here
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by mumumugu(m): 10:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
GenBuhari:
Who is IPOB to request a referendum ?
who gave them the authority or mandate to make such a request?
so somebody cannot seek divorce again

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by AAEEI: 10:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
mumumugu:

Ipob get face, get leader. book boys dont

Talking about Political difference. Not leadership style difference. Please pay attention
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 16, 2019
You don't appear to understand the meaning of troller
AAEEI:
All: Please ignore GenBuhari. He is troller here
Re: Boko Haram Vs IPOB. What Really Is The Political Difference? by ChristianNorth: 10:23pm On Sep 16, 2019
This is the 6th anti-IPOB post from tijanniyya moslems within 1 week MNK visited EU.

I wonder how many more thread our sophistikated brothers will create now that he is UN.

Una go wail tire.

#BiafraIsComing

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: APC Jubilates As Appeal Court Sacks Dino Melaye / Garba Shehu: Buhari's Children Have The Right To Use Presidential Jets / KILLER HERDMEN KILL PEOPLE AND BURN HOUSES IN OZUBULU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.