Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria (40998 Views)

Austin Umahi Rejects Buhari's Appointment / Soludo Makes First Public Appearance After Electoral Victory(Pictures). / Reno Omokri Reacts To Buhari's Appointment Of Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DSS Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by perryy(m): 7:48am On Sep 17, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Please Soludo has nothing upstairs again to offer.

Nothing will come out of that committee.

Only Shekau your brother in sambisa that has something to offer. Ndi terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Stillthebest: 7:50am On Sep 17, 2019
grandstar:

Soludo is perhaps the best economist the country has ever had. Why do you say he has nothing upstairs?
Who told you that? Where's sam Aluko? Having first class doesn't make you the best. Sanusi is smarter than him.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Lush100(m): 7:50am On Sep 17, 2019
Soludo is one of the best brains as far as understanding the economics dynamics of a nation.
but making him just a member....you will not get anything from him ...no no no.
i will rather have him chair that forum..so that he can implement his ideas without hitch and if they are rejected , he will come out to say his ideas were rejected.

its better not to include Soludo if u just want to make him a contributor.
OBJ tenor was the sweetest as far as employment is concerned(i can say that anywhere anytime any-day)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by anonimi: 7:52am On Sep 17, 2019
OlufemiAbbey:
Whether Soludo accepts the appointment or not, I am still worried about the future oh this nation. We need to understand the tricks and gimmicks of the Northerners:

1. Appoint Southerners to squeeze out money

2. Appoint Northerners to expend the money

It's a win-win for the North.

On the face level, it appears like a great step, but we all must understand the subliminal tone in it. It's all about throwing a carrot.

You are a wise man.
The gods are with you.
May your wisdom keep growing. Ase Edumare.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9903820_fbimg15631860052698958_jpegb05f41d787e0cd65b489071399f6956e

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Focusmind: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2019
My friend from Anambra said that Soludo should decline the offer and focus on his governorship ambition under APGA.

He has been pencilled down to take over from Obiano.

Accepting this offer will see him as a member of APC, and it would be difficult for him to seek for APGA ticket again neither will APC give him ticket.

He should maintain with his APGA and try his luck again for governor of Anambra which is his main ambition.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by SoNature(m): 7:54am On Sep 17, 2019
ludd2018:

I AM with you . SOLUDO must decline this offer . They excluded igbos from the govt thinking that they can do it alone with yorubas but now our economy is in a mess they remember a Biafran. Nigeria is Joke .

Gini n'eme di unu?
They give Igbos appointment, you will rant.
They don't give Igbos appointment, you still rant.
You guys should grow up, please.
You lots are making Nairaland irritating.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by pirazo: 7:55am On Sep 17, 2019
MelesZenawi:

How can you even say that? Has he been put to a test and he failed or you just want to be heard ,hence your oppostional comment.
Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Minjim: 7:55am On Sep 17, 2019
kettykin:
Who else feels soludo should politely decline the offer . Why should apc remember pdp technoc now , very soon they will call iweala to another stupid committee

You people are pathetic.

Is Soludo going there to work for Buhari's company or Nigeria?

That was how ur lot's criticism gaggled that weak hearted man to decline his appointment.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by maximilano: 7:56am On Sep 17, 2019
I respect Prof Soludo so much. He still has a lot to offer.
Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Earthquake1: 7:57am On Sep 17, 2019
BMedia:
Appointing Soludo is a good step in the right direction.

Kudos to the President.

Appointing him as a floor member?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by objobj: 7:57am On Sep 17, 2019
ludd2018:

I AM with you . SOLUDO must decline this offer . They excluded igbos from the govt thinking that they can do it alone with yorubas but now our economy is in a mess they remember a Biafran. Nigeria is Joke .

Overhyped soludo. Was he in the govt when a yoruba woman took us out of recession in the midst of little earnings ?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Earthquake1: 7:57am On Sep 17, 2019
Stillthebest:

Who told you that? Where's sam Aluko? Having first class doesn't make you the best. Sanusi is smarter than him.

How do you know?
Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Focusmind: 7:59am On Sep 17, 2019
Lush100:
Soludo is one of the best brains as far as understanding the economics dynamics of a nation.
but making him just a member....you will not get anything from him ...no no no.
i will rather have him chair that forum..so that he can implement his ideas without hitch and if they are rejected , he will come out to say his ideas were rejected.

its better not to include Soludo if u just want to make him a contributor.
OBJ tenor was the sweetest as far as employment is concerned(i can say that anywhere anytime any-day)

That's one thing a lot of Nigerians have not understood about OBJ tenure. Graduate employment reached a record level ever seen in decades.

I witnessed it well, writing a lot of aptitude tests, cutting across banks, multinationals and oil and gas. Some companies were even going to UK for recruitment of Nigerians.

Today, everything has dried up. Even politicians are seeking and begging for jobs for their kids that they spent thousands of dollars in training abroad.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Earthquake1: 7:59am On Sep 17, 2019
If Soludo takes this appointment he will be seen as an APC member thereby jeopardizing his Anambra governorship ambition

I advise him to reject this appointment
Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Earthquake1: 8:00am On Sep 17, 2019
objobj:

Overhyped soludo. Was he in the govt when a yoruba woman took us out of recession in the midst of little earnings ?

A Yoruba woman without a certificate, who was in charge when we went into recession in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by QuotaSystem: 8:01am On Sep 17, 2019
Earthquake1:

His contributions will be valuable to the committee nonetheless.
Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by BMedia: 8:01am On Sep 17, 2019
Earthquake1:

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Blackfriday: 8:02am On Sep 17, 2019
kettykin:
Who else feels soludo should politely decline the offer . Why should apc remember pdp technoc now , very soon they will call iweala to another stupid committee
please tell me whats wrong with government taping from the best minds of the opposition?
Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Tulsaguy: 8:03am On Sep 17, 2019
Like if you think this is the only meaningful decision buhari has taken since his reelection and share if you think otherwise...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Earthquake1: 8:03am On Sep 17, 2019
BMedia:

Yes.

Trash
Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by VAQAXY: 8:03am On Sep 17, 2019
Soludo is Nigeria's finest economist

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Toni19: 8:03am On Sep 17, 2019
Let him appoint your father maybe he will make a difference.
Think about your future, soludo has paid his due.
Wicked somebody

MelesZenawi:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 17, 2019
OlufemiAbbey:
Whether Soludo accepts the appointment or not, I am still worried about the future oh this nation. We need to understand the tricks and gimmicks of the Northerners:

On the face level, it appears like a great step, but we all must understand the subliminal tone in it. It's all about throwing a carrot.

That has been the system from time immemorial. Under serious recession, technocrats would be assembled, immediately, it is over, their people will come to spend the money. Soludo, another oil windfall coming if Saudi fails to recover on time. Remember all the savings under Obj was embezzled and wasted. Good luck
Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Earthquake1: 8:04am On Sep 17, 2019
QuotaSystem:

His contributions will be valuable to the committee nonetheless.

Contributions without any power to effect them

Nonsense
Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 8:05am On Sep 17, 2019
some people are funny, we need results first before praises.Nigerians are always carried away.
Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by chloride6: 8:06am On Sep 17, 2019
grandstar:

Soludo is perhaps the best economist the country has ever had. Why do you say he has nothing upstairs?

You must be joking..

Please prove your point constructively

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:06am On Sep 17, 2019
slimfit1:
What is uncommon about that nothing. Did you ask how prof Sam Aluko managed to sustain our economy under Abacha.

Prof Sam Aluko,of blessed memory, is actually the father of Economics in Nigeria if not Africa. That is not to say ,however that Prof Soludo is not an heavyweight either.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Mandyoluchi(m): 8:06am On Sep 17, 2019
A clueless dullard appointing profs.
Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by pirazo: 8:06am On Sep 17, 2019
Some individuals are really pathetic. Now Charles Soludo has been appointed instead of hoping for the best from this appointment they are politicizing and making tribalistic statement.(Igbo this Igbo that). Those making irrational remarks aren't half as smart as Soludo' s foolishness let alone he's IQ. The gentleman sees beyond your short sightedness.Make ona try get sense. That you have not made anything meaningful out of your life does not make Nigeria as a country a failed state beyond redemption. With this your mindset even if you were moved from Nigeria to the western world you will turnout worse than you are presently. A lizard will not be transformed into Aligator because it changed its location.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by Royalfurnitures: 8:06am On Sep 17, 2019
That's why he was appointed to make us believe so, anyway let's wait and see if the cabal will allow them to work

Check out my signature for quality and exotic furniture for your homes and offices
Re: Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria by realbest(m): 8:07am On Sep 17, 2019
OlufemiAbbey:

You think north or northerners are your problem while in reality you are your own biggest problem .You lack moral understanding to know this and many challenge's facing this country .Continue thinking negatively

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AllEyesOnTheJudiciary Rally: Security Operatives Disrupt FCT Rally / Major SK Umaru: Another Brave Hero Killed By Boko Haram Bullets [photos] / Fayose Pictured Cutting Fish In The Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.