Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack (770 Views)

Russia Tests S-400 Missiles In Crimea Amid Tensions With Ukraine / Russia Offers Iraq S-400 Air Defense System To Protect Airspace / JUST IN: US Announces Sanctions Targeting Venezuela’s Oil Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by dermmy(m): 9:54pm On Sep 16, 2019
Russia is ready to help Saudi Arabia following attacks on the Saudi oil industry if needed, Russian President Vladimir Putin said after talks with leaders of Turkey and Iran in Ankara on Monday, and proposed Russian weapons for purchase.

“We are ready to provide respective assistance to Saudi Arabia, and it would be enough for the political leadership of Saudi Arabia to make a wise government decision - as the leaders of Iran did in their time by purchasing S-300 and as (Turkish) President (Tayyip) Erdogan did by purchasing the latest S-400 ‘Triumph’ air defense systems from Russia,” Putin said.

These Russian weapons would protect any infrastructure facilities of Saudi Arabia, he added.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-aramco-russia-putin/putin-proposes-russian-weapons-for-saudi-arabia-after-oil-industry-attacks-idUSKBN1W12CV

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 17, 2019
Given the very firm and strategic alliance existing between the USA and the KSA, I doubt that the Saudis are gonna jump the Russian offer.

It could jeopardise their rapprochement with the USA if not properly thought out.
Similar missile defense system deals between Russia and Turkey- a key NATO ally- was met with threats of sanctions from the US(who remembers that?). When India did the same thing, the US also reacted with threats of sanctions. So, I don't see the Saudis taking the Russians up on their "kind" offer. Now, I'm not saying that Washington would or might impose sanctions the KSA if it indeed went ahead to procure the military technology from Russia but it would definitely disrupt their rather cordial and strategic diplomatic exchange with the US for sure. Talk about muddying up calm waters a little bit. The Russians are clearly playing a game here. I think they sense a bit of desperation from the Saudi angle to protect their oil assets and are going for the big kill.

And I don'tthink I am the only one who finds Putin's offer strange either. It's downright crazy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by Nobody: 3:27am On Sep 17, 2019
What exactly is wrong with Putin? Is Putin crazy & stupid? Has he been bought over by the Zionist Bastards?

That was how he stupidly & foolishly endorsed SatanYahoo's re-election yesterday while Shoigu & Lavrov told Satanyahoo that Putin was only speaking for himself, and not the Russian Military.

Putin Endorses Netanyahu for Re-Election – Shoigu and Lavrov Make Clear He’s Only Speaking for Himself

http://johnhelmer.net/putin-endorses-netanyahu-for-re-election-shoigu-and-lavrov-react/

This zionist bastard has been killing your service men like cockroaches in Syria and you still endorsed his re-election?

The bastard deliberately brought down your intelligence gathering aircraft with 15 Russian service men on board, yet you still don't have the balls to man up to this satanic blood-sucking vampire?

After that incident, rather than being sober for killing 15 Russian servicemen, this zionist bastard tried again to bring down a civilian airliner by hiding behind its wings so that the blame could be put on Russia just like MH-17 flight over Ukraine.

You're offering to sell the S-400 to Saudi Arabia - your enemy while depriving Iran & your loyal allies the privilege of buying the S-400?

Putin - Is your brain leaking hydraulic?

The same Saudi-Arabia sponsoring the same terrorist (ISIS) that you claim to be fighting in Syria?

Why do you sell S-400 systems to Saudi, to Turkey, to India & Qatar but not to Syria, North Korea and Iran?

Even the S-300 supplied to Syria are yet to be fully handed over to the Syrian Arab Army.

You allow your enemies to dictate who & where to supply with your military gears?

A few months ago, you said an attack against any Russian ally is an attack against Russia, and that there would be consequences if any of such attacks was conducted. Even after Israel called your bluffs, where are the consequences?

Are you so daft? Is this still some kind of geo-politikal chess game?

Sincerely, I think it's about time Putin is retired & replaced either by Shoigu or Rogozin.

How can you be playing both sides and expect your allies to trust you?

You're throwing your allies under the bus just to win over your enemies.

Putin - Are you Mad?

Lest I forget, Mother Russia has always stabbed friendly countries in the back in futile attempts to try to curry favour with the Zionist bastards.

You've always done this and gets absolutely nothing in return except a kick in the teeth.

You facilitated the NATO terror bombing and dismemberment of Yugoslavia.

You were an accomplice to the destruction of Iraq and the genocidal sanctions that cost the lives of 500,000 children under 5.

You enabled the terror bombing and destruction of Libya - by agreeing to the no-fly-zone against Gaddafi’s Libya, which ruined the country to this day.

You facilitated sanctions against Iran on trumped up nuclear charges to appease these Zionist bastards. You admitted these were lies, but did so anyway - and Iranian children died as a result.

You've been doing this in return for worthless Amerikan promises that were never kept not to place missile bases on Russian borders.

You even supported the Amerikan economic strangulation of DPRK. People have died and are dying as a result.

Time and again, Russia accepted worthless Amerikan promises that, “If you call off your offensive in Syria, this time we really, really, really, really will bring our proxy pet terrorists under control. Honestly.”

Give me one fvcking reason why any other country should ever trust or rely on Mother Russia again?

If you can offer the S-400 to Saudi Arabia, what stops you from extending the same gesture to ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Boko Haram & Al-Shabaab - since you care much more about the money than loyalty & justice?

If you want to be a friend, then act like one. Not a two-faced, double-dealing traitorous rogue!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by Abbeybailey(m): 3:40am On Sep 17, 2019
Zoharariel:
What exactly is wrong with Putin? Is Putin crazy & stupid? Has he been bought over by the Zionist Bastards?

That was how he stupidly & foolishly endorsed SatanYahoo's re-election yesterday while Shoigu & Lavrov told Satanyahoo that Putin was only speaking for himself, and not the Russian Military.

Putin Endorses Netanyahu for Re-Election – Shoigu and Lavrov Make Clear He’s Only Speaking for Himself

http://johnhelmer.net/putin-endorses-netanyahu-for-re-election-shoigu-and-lavrov-react/

This zionist bastard has been killing your service men like cockroaches in Syria and you still endorsed his re-election?

The bastard deliberately brought down your intelligence gathering aircraft with 15 Russian service men on board, yet you still don't have the balls to man up to this satanic blood-sucking vampire?

After that incident, rather than being sober for killing 15 Russian servicemen, this zionist bastard tried again to bring down a civilian airliner by hiding behind its wings so that the blame could be put on Russia just like MH-17 flight over Ukraine.

You're offering to sell the S-400 to Saudi Arabia - your enemy while depriving Iran & your loyal allies the privilege of buying the S-400?

The same Saudi-Arabia sponsoring the same terrorist (ISIS) that you claim to be fighting in Syria?

Why do you sell S-400 systems to Saudi, to Turkey, to India & Qatar but not to Syria, North Korea and Iran?

Even the S-300 supplied to Syria are yet to be fully handed over to the Syrian Arab Army.

You allow your enemies to dictate who & where to supply with your military gears?

A few months ago, you said an attack against any Russian ally is an attack against Russia, and that there would be consequences if any of such attacks was conducted. Even after Israel called your bluffs, where are the consequences?

Sincerely, I think it's about time Putin is retired & replaced either by Shoigu or Rogozin.

Putin - Are you Mad?

Lest I forget, Mother Russia has always stabbed friendly countries in the back in futile attempts to try to curry favour with the Zionist bastards.

You've always done this and gets absolutely nothing in return except a kick in the teeth.

You were an accomplice to the destruction of Iraq and the genocidal sanctions that cost the lives of 500,000 children under 5.

You enabled the terror bombing and destruction of Libya - by agreeing to the no-fly-zone against Gaddafi’s Libya, which ruined the country to this day.

You facilitated sanctions against Iran on trumped up nuclear charges to appease these Zionist bastards. You admitted these were lies, but did so anyway - and Iranian children died as a result.

You've been doing this in return for worthless Amerikan promises that were never kept not to place missile bases on Russian borders.

You even supported the Amerikan economic strangulation of DPRK. People have died and are dying as a result.

Time and again, Russia accepted worthless Amerikan promises that, “If you call off your offensive in Syria, this time we really, really, really, really will bring our proxy pet terrorists under control. Honestly.”

Give me one fvcking reason why any other country should ever trust or rely on Mother Russia again?

If you can offer the S-400 to Saudi Arabia, what stops you from extending the same gesture to ISIS, Al-Qaeda, Boko Haram & Al-Shabaab - since you care much more about the money than loyalty & justice?

If you want to be a friend, then act like one. Not a two-faced, double-dealing traitorous rogue!
Wow, that's a big surprise coming from a Putin lover like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by Efewestern: 5:02am On Sep 17, 2019
Zoharariel, I understand your sentiments, but war is business, and Russia doesn't want to be left out from milking Saudi dry.

It's all about the money, even US will do same, it's just matter of time before Saudi go for the S-400, it's obvious their current defense system is highly overrated.

I once said no country is a trusted ally, the only trusted ally is your people, they are the ones who won't abandon you even if you are broke and have nothing to offer.

Selling S-400 to Saudi Arabia will be a game changer.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 17, 2019
Zoharariel:

Putin - Are you Mad?

Imagine Russia brokering a one sided ceasefire with the HTS in Syria just to please Turkey, only for Turkey to reinforce the terrorists with more arms than the one that was destroyed to wreck more havoc. sad sad

Putin is trying to push the Russia first agenda and this might lead to his isolation from his allies, just like the orange baboon in the WHITE HOUSE. sad sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by Olanipekun1: 6:25am On Sep 17, 2019
[s]
kemicalreaction:
Imagine Russia brokering a one sided ceasefire with the HTS in Syria just to please Turkey, only for Turkey to reinforce the terrorists with more arms than the one that was destroyed to wreck more havoc. sad sad

Putin is trying to push the Russia first agenda and this might lead to his isolation from his allies, just like the orange baboon in the WHITE HOUSE. sad sad
[/s]
Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by dermmy(m): 6:33am On Sep 17, 2019
Kemicalreaction did you offend this Olanipekun guy ? grin
Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 17, 2019
Efewestern:
Zoharariel, I understand your sentiments, but war is business, and Russia doesn't want to be left out from milking Saudi dry.

It's all about the money, even US will do same, it's just matter of time before Saudi go for the S-400, it's obvious their current defense system is highly overrated.

I once said no country is a trusted ally, the only trusted ally is your people, they are the ones who won't abandon you even if you are broke and have nothing to offer.

Selling S-400 to Saudi Arabia will be a game changer.
I don't the US would allow it. That would be an absolute slap on their patriot system face lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

But don't you think doing this might isolate Putin from his major allies, just like the America first policy of Trump?
Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by Olanipekun1: 6:57am On Sep 17, 2019
[s]
kemicalreaction:
I don't the US would allow it. That would be an absolute slap on their patriot system face lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

But don't you think doing this might isolate Putin from his major allies, just like the America first policy of Trump?
[/s]
Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by Ola17: 6:58am On Sep 17, 2019
dermmy:

The guy just dey follow am everywhere like village people.

1 Like

Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by Efewestern: 7:06am On Sep 17, 2019
kemicalreaction:

You are correct, US will definitely not allow that, but if Russia could get Saudi Arabia to purchase the S-400, that will be a major boost to the system as many countries will run to Russia for air defense rather than the US, a major blow to the US and the much "Sophisticated" patriot defense system.

@Bolded, I don't think Russia cares much about any ally, from their actions thus far in Syria, one can conclude that they only care about their objectives and interests. Allies can't really isolate Russia at this stage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by Efewestern: 7:07am On Sep 17, 2019
dermmy:

lol, maybe kemicalreaction took his woman, I don't understand the obsession lol grin

1 Like

Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 17, 2019
dermmy:
I don't understand oo embarassed embarassed
Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by Olanipekun1: 7:27am On Sep 17, 2019
[s]
kemicalreaction:
I don't understand oo embarassed embarassed
[/s]
Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by dermmy(m): 7:46am On Sep 17, 2019
Efewestern:

You are correct, US will definitely not allow that, but if Russia could get Saudi Arabia to purchase the S-400, that will be a major boost to the system as many countries will run to Russia for air defense rather than the US, a major blow to the US and the much "Sophisticated" patriot defense system.

@Bolded, I don't think Russia cares much about any ally, from their actions thus far in Syria, one can conclude that they only care about their objectives and interests. Allies can't really isolate Russia at this stage.

Exactly
Re: Putin Proposes S-400 For Saudi Arabia After Oil Industry Attack by Originality007: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2019
Zoharariel:
[s]What exactly is wrong with Putin? Is Putin crazy & stupid? Has he been bought over by the Zionist Bastards?

Putin - Are you Mad?

If you want to be a friend, then act like one. Not a two-faced, double-dealing traitorous rogue[/s]!

long and endless trash as usual....

(1) (Reply)

God's Plan: Syrian Rabel Missile Hits Carmelite Convert Without Exploding (pics) / Trump Again Calls Black Countries Sh*tholes; Swears At Mandela (BOOK) / Talibans Whip Women And Children At Kabul Airport For Trying To Flee (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.