Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,006 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) (45354 Views)

Artus Frank Slams People Age-Shaming His Wife (Photos) / Simi Slams People Who Say She Doesn't Know How To Dress / Victoria Kimani: I Apologize To Tiwa Savage For Slut-Shaming & Age Shaming Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by Ezeudo7: 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2019
guys wey dey knack all this kain fat women how una dey take locate where the opening of their tuto? embarassed
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:13pm On Sep 17, 2019
desvi:
what happened if you got nothing nice to say be quiet?
why would I call people by their physical features?
they don't have names?

Sadly, physical features are the 1st thing we see, thus the 1st impression. Low self esteem would have any of these women thinking that being called/viewed for WHAT THEY ARE, is suddenly wrong.

A quick look in the mirror will have her confirm that she is indeed fat.

If you actually believe that we should ONLY say nice things about people, instead of being honest, then I suggest you start living in the real world.
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by Erastuslove: 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2019
Soooooooooooooooooooo lovely size
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by desvi: 1:19pm On Sep 17, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Sadly, physical features are the 1st thing we see, thus the 1st impression. Low self esteem would have any of these women thinking that being called/viewed for WHAT THEY ARE, is suddenly wrong.

A quick look in the mirror will have her confirm that she is indeed fat.

If you actually believe that we should ONLY say nice things about people, instead of being honest, then I suggest you start living in the real world.

let's start from the beginning
I said:
there is no need stating the obvious
and there isn't
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:29pm On Sep 17, 2019
desvi:

let's start from the beginning
I said:
there is no need stating the obvious
and there isn't

... I see nothing wrong with stating a fact. If this person has a problem with being called fat (which is exactly what she is) then let her do something about that fact.

It's very immature to expect people to call her only for what SHE desires. That would be as stoopid as seeing a babe with no teeth and she expecting anyone not mention it while it is staring you right in the face. Come on....
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by desvi: 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

... I see nothing wrong with stating a fact. If this person has a problem with being called fat (which is exactly what she is) then let her do something about that fact.

It's very immature to expect people to call her only for what SHE desires. That woukd be as stoopid as seeing a babe with no teeth and she expecting anyone not mention it while it is staring you right in the face. Come on....

but why do you have to state an obvious fact?
what for?
and would you call people fat/ugly/skinny/dumb offline?
for what?
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by etrange: 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2019
Angelfrost:

A strict low carb diet, with lots of fluids interspersed with moderate fruit and veggie fast, will knock off a quarter of that weight in just 2 months... It all comes down to discipline and determination.

Bro, this is so easy for you to say cause you are not in her situation. Virtually every guy down the street wants six packs, how many have got any? Yet, all it takes is discipline.

I'm probably the leanest person out there and most people feel I don't eat. They preach to me how I should be eating and stuff. But guess what, I don't miss a meal. And over eating doesn't sit well with my digestive system. I was almost pushed into becoming a gluttony until I decided to ignore them and maintain what I consider a good diet.

Point here is, you don't know what she's going through. You don't know what she has done or not done. You don't know what she eats. You don't know her parents. Nothing. You can't really sit back and insinuate she lacks discipline cause you're not in her shoes. Everybody is different.

I'm sure she knows about obesity. I'm sure she has friends and family she talks to. That she says people's comments don't get to her doesn't mean she's not doing what is right for herself. Shaming her will not do the trick. If anything, she'll be depressed and that is much more than obesity.

You get?
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2019
desvi:

but why do you have to state an obvious fact?
what for?
and would you call people fat/ugly/skinny/dumb offline?
for what?

It's called LIFE... and anyone expecting NOT to be called for exactly what they are (especially on social media where they are quick to add total strangers) are simply deluded.

As much as many of these people are looking for cheap attention on social media, being told exactly what you are comes with the territory.

As for me, I can never pretend to not see that this person is fat, and would actually advise her to try losing weight for her own health benefit.

But then again, when we walked down the street and see a sexy beautiful babe, you have no problem when we call her exactly that.... or do you expect us to say:" oh what a SMART woman"
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by Baroba(m): 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2019
Pretty girl, but she needs to shed the fat, especially from a health point of view..She is at risk of many health conditions, diabetes, stroke, heart disease, as arthritis and many more..

1 Like

Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by Baroba(m): 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2019
Angelfrost:

A strict low carb diet, with lots of fluids interspersed with moderate fruit and veggie fast, will knock off a quarter of that weight in just 2 months... It all comes down to discipline and determination.

That's right, plus moderate exercise, the body is not meant to carry such weight..

1 Like

Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by desvi: 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

It's called LIFE... and anyone expecting NOT to be called for exactly what they are (especially on social media where they are quick to add total strangers) are simply deluded.

As much as many of these people are looking for cheap attention on social media, being told exactly what you are comes with the territory.

As for me, I can never pretend to not see that this person is fat, and would actually advise her to try losing weight for her own health benefit.

But then again, when we walked down the street and see a sexy beautiful babe, you have no problem when we call her exactly that.... or do you expect us to say:" oh what a SMART woman"

do whatever
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by Emilygodson: 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
Heavy duty
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by LadyJasper: 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2019
Nigerians and unsolicited advice! Madam, please live your best life because everyone else is trying to do so too. Make whatever decision you think is best for you and to hell with people's opinions, they would always have something to say whether slim or fat!
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by CeeJay9ja(m): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2019
Frankie10:

She could be trying her very best to drop the weight, we can only encourage her to diet and exercise more instead of making her feel awful
Welcome to Reality! You don't need petting to stay healthy.
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2019
etrange:

Bro, this is so easy for you to say cause you are not in her situation. Virtually every guy down the street wants six packs, how many have got any? Yet, all it takes is discipline.

I'm probably the leanest person out there and most people feel I don't eat. They preach to me how I should be eating and stuff. But guess what, I don't miss a meal. And over eating doesn't sit well with my digestive system. I was almost pushed into becoming a gluttony until I decided to ignore them and maintain what I consider a good diet.

Point here is, you don't know what she's going through. You don't know what she has done or not done. You don't know what she eats. You don't know her parents. Nothing. You can't really sit back and insinuate she lacks discipline cause you're not in her shoes. Everybody is different.

I'm sure she knows about obesity. I'm sure she has friends and family she talks to. That she says people's comments don't get to her doesn't mean she's not doing what is right for herself. Shaming her will not do the trick. If anything, she'll be depressed and that is much more than obesity.

You get?

Yes sir, I get you quite clearly... But, you are mistaken to think I was indulging in body-shaming.

The same way I am not privy to her lifestyle, is the same way you are equally not... So, we can only both speculate or make assumptions with regards to her efforts at fitness.

I equally write from the point of authority and experience... The individuals who have tried the methods/approaches I outlined with minimal to no outcomes are probably with metabolic disorders which would require therapeutic assistance, and they are few and far between... Either way, obesity is extremely unhealthy, and more often than not ends badly for the heart and circulatory system... This is not body-shaming, but a professional perspective.

In all, you are right that it is her life, her struggle... If she ever confided in me, I would tell her what I tell a lot of my patients having a B.M.I (Body Mass Index) over 30 (Hers can't be less than 35)... She should make more effort to keep the weight down.
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by nuelyoyo(m): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2019
pocohantas:
What is it with fat people and bodyshaming.

I was at a show once and they said, if your neighbour is thin...turn to him/her and say ****** Can't even remember what.

I was sitting between two size 16-18 ladies.

They turned to me and said it, with laughter o.

I just smiled, while wondering if I am THIN, but then, I shrugged it off.

When the tables turned and it was my chance to say same thing to them. Their faces changed immediately and I couldn't even utter a word, lest the rest of the show becomes unbearable for me.

They call us lepa everyday and we no die. angry

Call them orobo and they will vex. Kilode?
being a lepa is not a problem, if you have the appropriate curves in the right places, nobody will body shame you. Na lepa we dry like stock fish, and orobo we be like amoeba people dey body shame.
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by Mercy2006(f): 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2019
Na wa ooo

Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by etrange: 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2019
Angelfrost:

Yes sir, I get you quite clearly... But, you are mistaken to think I was indulging in body-shaming.

The same way I am not privy to her lifestyle, is the same way you are equally not... So, we can only both speculate or make assumptions with regards to her efforts at fitness.

I equally write from the point of authority and experience... The individuals who have tried the methods/approaches I outlined with minimal to no outcomes are probably with metabolic disorders which would require therapeutic assistance, and they are few and far between... Either way, obesity is extremely unhealthy, and more often than not ends badly for the heart and circulatory system... This is not body-shaming, but a professional perspective.

In all, you are right that it is her life, her struggle... If she ever confided in me, I would tell her what I tell a lot of my patients having a B.M.I (Body Mass Index) over 30 (Hers can't be less than 35)... She should make more effort to keep the weight down.
Owk...
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by BluntBlunt: 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2019
Loose weight madame, your weight is unhealthy.

1 Like

Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 17, 2019
pocohantas:
What is it with fat people and bodyshaming.

I was at a show once and they said, if your neighbour is thin...turn to him/her and say ****** Can't even remember what.

I was sitting between two size 16-18 ladies.

They turned to me and said it, with laughter o.

I just smiled, while wondering if I am THIN, but then, I shrugged it off.

When the tables turned and it was my chance to say same thing to them. Their faces changed immediately and I couldn't even utter a word, lest the rest of the show becomes unbearable for me.

They call us lepa everyday and we no die. angry

Call them orobo and they will vex. Kilode?

Fear Fear
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by linkupman(m): 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2019
we like dem big ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by Dignity211(m): 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2019
You're looking great my dear, so perfect and excellent in beauty. Keep on being happy!
Re: Ifeoma Okeke Slams People Body-Shaming Her (Photos) by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 18, 2019
Quick question fam. If you are fat is body shaming how comes you are slim isn't?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mercy Eke Rocks Blonde Hairstyle / Adele Is Dating Skepta, After Divorcing Simon Koneck / Davido Honoured With A Chieftaincy Title In Ibusa, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.