Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again (16483 Views)

FG, Labour Meeting To Hold Next Week / Resolutions Of Fg/labour Meeting / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary (2) (3) (4)

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 17, 2019
modelmike7:
just as PDP made the minimum wage so big that the people were rejoicing for 16 years. wailing without sense

Its easy to spot people that don't have sense. Minimum wage in PDP era was about 18k or so and you could buy a bag of rice for 6-8k. Inflation hit harder and naira fell by more than 100% to the dollar and it takes 18-20k to buy the same rice. Pls give me one reason why minimum wage should remain the same when inflation doubled. Did you go to school at all?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by sluk(m): 9:02am On Sep 17, 2019
juvewalex:
There's appropriation of #5.5b for Vehicles for law makers while 30k minimum wage is a mountain to climb

Anyways, I've lost hope in Nigeria for a few weeks now...

Nigeria is a joke, VAT just increased from 5% to 7.5% without negotiation.

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by ozoneboy(m): 9:02am On Sep 17, 2019
Lol,that's why when people who you shout from the roof top about their integrity and good heart,should be suspected.Mr President is a joke,and his supporters should be included as example of zombies by Oxford dictionary.

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Aiyk2333: 9:02am On Sep 17, 2019
modelmike7:
just as PDP made the minimum wage so big that the people were rejoicing for 16 years. wailing without sense
this one has sworn never to have sense... are u bringing this Apc and pdp thing to such important matter as this?? ur rached in ur own right now yet ur joining this politicians to do the blame game, the pdp or Apc tussle, while u wallow in ur penury they sit together to wine and dine at ur peril.. I pity u... keep fighting for Apc, tomorrow choose HIV or pcc

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 17, 2019
DrHoganObi:

Its easy to spot people that don't have sense. Minimum wage in PDP era was about 18k or so and you could buy a bag of rice for 6-8k. Inflation hit harder and naira fell by more than 100% to the dollar and it takes 18-20k to buy the same rice. Pls give me one reason why minimum sage should remain the same when inflation doubled. Did you go to school at all?
Its easy to spot people that don't have sense.
Who brought about the inflation you are talking about in the first place. replying you further will be a waste of time. so gently get tfo!
Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by AnyibestDede(m): 9:03am On Sep 17, 2019
Buhari showing his true colors... I am not surprised
Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by stanislaus67(m): 9:03am On Sep 17, 2019
juvewalex:
There's appropriation of #5.5b for Vehicles for law makers while 30k minimum wage is a mountain to climb

Anyways, I've lost hope in Nigeria for a few weeks now...
GOODMORNING!

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by codedguy1(m): 9:04am On Sep 17, 2019
angry angry
Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by kkboy(m): 9:05am On Sep 17, 2019
Negotiation must not end in one person's side or opinion; it is a give and take thing. There must be considerations on both side, while I urge the federal government to shift ground, i wish to remind the labour union that “You cannot detect your own salary to your employers”. Wisdom and caution is required in negotiations.

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by micflo28(m): 9:05am On Sep 17, 2019
they were quick to increase VAT before minimum wage payment. God has given up on nigeria because we don't fight evil of this leaders with one mind, you always see saboteurs.

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by izombie(m): 9:06am On Sep 17, 2019
modelmike7:
seriously you people should stop this. PDP is not in power and hasn't been for the last 5 years. What was the need to vote apc if they will keep doing the things pdp did? Can't you people put politics aside for once? People are suffering, to buy groceries now na wahala and the govt just increased VAT so expect higher prices for groceries. But just to increase minimum wage has been a problem for almost 2 years now. People are suffering. You hear. People are suffering. Damn it....people are suffering. Everything is not about party or politics. People are suffering. You just made me very angry.

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Royalfurnitures: 9:06am On Sep 17, 2019
When it concerns workers wages, their meeting will end in deadlock but when they met to icrease VAT, there wasn't any deadlock

Check out my signature for quality and durable chairs and sofas for your homes and offices

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Kakamorufu(m): 9:09am On Sep 17, 2019
on top 30k minimum pay? crazy nation with mad leaders

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Lamanii22(f): 9:09am On Sep 17, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
The discussions between the Federal Government and the Joint National Public Service Negotiating Council over the N30,000 national minimum wage ended in a deadlock again as both parties refused to shift ground.

A source in the labour movement said after the meeting held on Monday that the representatives of government were not serious.

The PUNCH reported that although Buhari had signed a new minimum wage into law on April 18, 2019, the negotiations between the Federal Government and the JNPSNC had earlier broken down due to unresolved irreconcilable differences in their proposals.

The last negotiation which was supposed to hold on September 4, was suspended on Tuesday last week and rescheduled to hold on Monday September 16 at the instance of the officials.

While the Federal Government proposed 9.5 per cent salary increase for employees on grade levels 07 to 14 and five per cent for those on grade levels 15 to 17, the Nigeria Labour Congress and Trade Union Congress of Nigeria were demanding 30 per cent increase for officers on grade levels 07 to 14 and 25 per cent increase for grade levels 15 to 17.

A labour source said, “We have discovered that the government is not serious at all; a mandate was given to the government side to take the position of labour and government’s team to President Muhammadu Buhari and report back at the meeting.

“But we discovered that they didn’t do it; they are just taking us for a ride. So, we are reporting that the meeting was deadlocked and our next line of action will be to report to our parent unions.”

https://punchng.com/minimum-wage-fg-labour-meeting-end-in-deadlock/

I never believed this 30k of a thing... They only used it to push us forward....

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Stakeholders(m): 9:09am On Sep 17, 2019
Tajbol4splend:
Please someone tell me they have started paying the 30,000 naira minimum wage.

it's just for level 1 to 6, yesterday meeting was for level 7 and above. Federal government insist that he cannot pay the same increment to all levels

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by eagleeye2: 9:10am On Sep 17, 2019
Vat will never end in deadlock.
Closing borders will never end in deadlock.
Arresting and detaining political enemies and activist, will never end in deadlock.
Bonuses for Senators and house members will never end in deadlock
But minimum wage will always end in deadlock.
APC,. Congratulations, una really played Nigerians.

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 17, 2019
modelmike7:

Its easy to spot people that don't have sense.
Who brought about the inflation you are talking about in the first place. replying you further will be a waste of time. so gently get tfo!

Do you know the meaning of inflation, the value for money? Did you even go to school? In whose regime had Nigeria reported witnessed the worst recession? If there was this terrible inflation in PDP regime, why could your parents buy 50kg bag of rice for 6-8k with their min wage? Don't let petty petty PDP vs APC politics blind you. Why do you think increasing vat by 2.2% requires no meeting no argument no deliberation while min wage is getting to 2 years of deliberation now.

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Maldini212(m): 9:12am On Sep 17, 2019
With all the noise about this minimum wage
One will think it worth much
Just a bleeping 30k
Bleep efcc

My clients got me covered

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by eagleeye2: 9:13am On Sep 17, 2019
B3sty:
I miss Adams Oshomole.
he haf joined bad gangs

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by onyxo76(m): 9:16am On Sep 17, 2019
I've always known that they will dragging this wage issue till 3 months to end of Buhari tenure.people are really hungry out there bag of rice is close to 22k now

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by eagleeye2: 9:18am On Sep 17, 2019
ursullalinda:

Very very insincere....Election is over so back to square one.
Some of us are not disappointed.

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:32am On Sep 17, 2019
Labour should know the FG is not sincere in implementing the new minimum wage, it was just a ploy to lure workers votes and make people believe they have the interest of workers and masses at heart.....Dont be surprise, this meeting will drag till November with no hope in sight...

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Exponental(m): 9:40am On Sep 17, 2019
The government is inconsiderate..... All they want is to make money for themselves.

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Kris4luv(m): 9:41am On Sep 17, 2019
Sunnymatey:
Ayuba Waba is a joke
What happens to declaring an indefinate strike action?
Spit on this jokers
I miss Oshiomole.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Batton2: 9:49am On Sep 17, 2019
i think this discoursed here and there is totally annoying, i can blame FG because Waba have collected second time in place of minimum wage that workers are demanding, so he can not declare strike
Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by mercyvivv(f): 9:58am On Sep 17, 2019
This country sef, so negotiations still continues after government signed this into law. Well, by the time the negotiations finally ends, labour will be back to where they started before; #18000 minimum wage!!

Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and other resource. Check my signature for details.

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Vicilo(m): 9:59am On Sep 17, 2019
B3sty:
I miss Adams Oshomole.

He is among d Govt that refused dis 30k minimum wage pay

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Youthleader22(m): 10:09am On Sep 17, 2019
modelmike7:

Whatever is wrong with some Nigerians? Are you seriously supporting this government for not increasing the minimum wage?
Why are you helping this corrupt politicians to fight their APC and PDP fight? We the masses are actually the ones suffering it

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by Impliment: 10:10am On Sep 17, 2019
Was the wage increments signed earlier just for election purposes? Why is that each time workers welfare is at stake deadlock happens but I have never heard for once that there was a deadlock on the salaries and entitlements of our National Assembly members.

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by notoriousbabe: 10:21am On Sep 17, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
When the wicked Buhari rules, the people suffers .
na true you talk

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by notoriousbabe: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2019
modelmike7:
to use you do sacrifice to sango just dey hungry me like shawarma

Re: Minimum Wage: FG, Labour Meeting End In Deadlock Again by JeffreyLiaison(m): 10:24am On Sep 17, 2019
But when it was money for senators cars, they did that without wasting time.
Stupid country

Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ / APC Retreat For House Of Representatives Members-Elect (Photos) / Itse Sagay Under Fire For Backing Adeosun On Certificate Forgery