Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Nigerians Slam Police For Asking Twitter To Delete Parody Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Slam Police For Asking Twitter To Delete Parody Account (387 Views)

Police Withdraw Charges Against Student Operating Jonathan Parody Account / Nigerians Slam Aisha Buhari Over Call For ‘Better Hospitals’ / Student Who Created Jonathan Parody Twitter Account Detained For 54 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Slam Police For Asking Twitter To Delete Parody Account by Priscy01(f): 8:52am On Sep 17, 2019
Nigerians have attacked the Nigeria Police Force (NPF), for making an appeal to social media giant, Twitter, to erase a parody account for impersonating the organisation, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV earlier reports that the official account of Nigeria Police accused the parody account PoliceNGfaux of using its logo, official email, and background picture to mislead the public, an act it termed a criminal offence.

It also warned Nigeriansvon the micro-blogging platform not to follow the account and those who already followed it to unfollow the account.

The parody account started making waves recently with a string of viral posts making fun of misconducts by officers of the Force, especially regarding bribe-taking and extortion.

The account has a disclaimer in its description stating that it doesn't represent the views of the NPF.

http://igberetvnews.com/998894/nigerians-slam-police-for-asking-twitter-to-delete-parody-account/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

Re: Nigerians Slam Police For Asking Twitter To Delete Parody Account by Priscy01(f): 8:53am On Sep 17, 2019

Re: Nigerians Slam Police For Asking Twitter To Delete Parody Account by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 17, 2019
Dumb people.... Always falling like Dundees. The only police na Abba Kyari. Every other one na po. The lice for the word police Don go infest their brain.
Re: Nigerians Slam Police For Asking Twitter To Delete Parody Account by Emmzy201(m): 9:28am On Sep 17, 2019
each and everyone in the police force has a wood as brain
Re: Nigerians Slam Police For Asking Twitter To Delete Parody Account by Tuoyofelix(m): 9:28am On Sep 17, 2019
The truth they say is bitter
Re: Nigerians Slam Police For Asking Twitter To Delete Parody Account by festacman(m): 9:32am On Sep 17, 2019
It is wrong, very wrong for a parody account to use the official and legal logo of Nigeria Police.

Being a lawyer, I know @segalink will sue my black a*se if I set up a segalink parody account with his signature picture on display.

That's identity theft.
Re: Nigerians Slam Police For Asking Twitter To Delete Parody Account by Chidexter(m): 9:58am On Sep 17, 2019
Na so, that account go cause sleepless night to all dem police officers. its nt the first parody account on an organisation neither would it be the last

(1) (Reply)

Why Ndigbo May Embrace IPOB In 2023 — EZEIFE / Smart Adeyemi Is My Political Wife, I’ll Defeat Him Again – Dino Melaye / #end Poverty - Sadiya Umar Farouq Commends Buhari's Committment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.