Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Msc Scholarship Or Should I Continue With My Job? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Msc Scholarship Or Should I Continue With My Job? (474 Views)

Allow Hnd Graduates Participate In Ptdf Overseas Msc Scholarship Scheme / Should I Continue With Mathematics Or Write JAMB To Study Computer Science? / PTDF Changes Overseas Msc Scholarship Selection Method - Suspends Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Msc Scholarship Or Should I Continue With My Job? by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2019
Good day everyone.

I have brothers studying in Canada doing their PhD.
They sent me an Msc scholarship link but the condition is that I must come back home after the scholarship program.

I have a job already, I have good international certifications helping me move up the ladder in my professional career.

Going for Msc I don't think will make a big difference because I have a friend who has MSc from the UK in my field but the guy is still searching for job for the past 2 years because he has no practical and work experience.

I still need some advice, thanks.
Re: Msc Scholarship Or Should I Continue With My Job? by MrHighSea: 10:37am On Sep 17, 2019
Stop thinkin m.sc. Go bk to work.
Re: Msc Scholarship Or Should I Continue With My Job? by Beblessedbaba: 10:50am On Sep 17, 2019
1. Seek for 3 years study leave approval and go study in Canada as you stand better prospect in life.In the absence of this, Build relationship with your current collea

2. Your prospect of living to old age of 100 years or 80 is more higher in Canada than Nigeria on the long run. Kidnapping Abuja, lagos -ibadan expressway, Rivers of blood, Ekiti, ife road, ondo town, the entire north are good areas to try your luck all needed is drive a pristine car or enter a bus or cab,armed robbery attack, road rage risk, accidental discharge from the forces, kidnapped or held hostage for ransom by SARS a recent case in question IK.

3. The prospect of citizenship of a better country is higher.

4. The prospect of getting a better job with an international degree.

5. Your offspring will become Canadian citizen on the long run.Your kids will be eternally grateful.

6. The chances of bringing your extended relatives to Canada and allowing your village people pray for you.

7. Gba lesson so you dont see Inside life !!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Msc Scholarship Or Should I Continue With My Job? by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 17, 2019
Beblessedbaba:
1. Seek for 3 years study leave approval and go study in Canada as you stand better prospect in life.In the absence of this, Build relationship with your current collea

2. Your prospect of living to old age of 100 years or 80 is more higher in Canada than Nigeria on the long run. Kidnapping Abuja, lagos -ibadan expressway, Rivers of blood, Ekiti, ife road, ondo town, the entire north are good areas to try your luck all needed is drive a pristine car or enter a bus or cab,armed robbery attack, road rage risk, accidental discharge from the forces, kidnapped or held hostage for ransom by SARS a recent case in question IK.

3. The prospect of citizenship of a better country is higher.

4. The prospect of getting a better job with an international degree.

5. Your offspring will become Canadian citizen on the long run.Your kids will be eternally grateful.

6. The chances of bringing your extended relatives to Canada and allowing your village people pray for you.

7. Gba lesson so you dont see Inside life !!!
[color=#006600][/color]

The terms and conditions states that I must come back home after the scholarship program

1 Like

Re: Msc Scholarship Or Should I Continue With My Job? by Beblessedbaba: 11:17am On Sep 17, 2019
SKYZZZ:
[color=#006600][/color]
Yes still good. Come back home and resume your job if you have study leave else come back home and apply for canada Express entry you already have an edge with your previous stay in Canada which will give you points. You will return to canada under 6 months..ielts, siblings and your previous visit, you can be recruited from nigeria in Canada judging from experience of more than 3 individuals I know.

Your choice cheers

The terms and conditions states that I must come back home after the scholarship program

1 Like

Re: Msc Scholarship Or Should I Continue With My Job? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
Do the Masters, though it depends on your future ambitions.

SKYZZZ:
[color=#006600][/color]

People get jobs after their studies, apply for PR, etc. I'm surprised your brothers aren't telling you all these.
Re: Msc Scholarship Or Should I Continue With My Job? by STENON(f): 8:23am On Sep 18, 2019
SKYZZZ:
Good day everyone.

I have brothers studying in Canada doing their PhD.
They sent me an Msc scholarship link but the condition is that I must come back home after the scholarship program.

I have a job already, I have good international certifications helping me move up the ladder in my professional career.

Going for Msc I don't think will make a big difference because I have a friend who has MSc from the UK in my field but the guy is still searching for job for the past 2 years because he has no practical and work experience.

I still need some advice, thanks.
not all scholarships ask you to come back after studies. Only those ones that have bonding with Nigerian Government ask you to come back like PTDF, Commonwealth, FSB, etc

Apply for Canadian scholarship or funding from supervisors and you are good to go

(1) (Reply)

How To Analyse Ican Case Study Pre-seen Question / Chinese Basic Greetings (2). Mandarin Made Easy For Busy Adults / University Non Academic Staff Are Yet To Be Paid April Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.