Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles (2270 Views)

Gocinc Toyota and Lexus tread (Lexus es350 2008@2.1m available)awoof / Carefully Used Black 2010 Toyota Corolla LE / Sold! Price Crashed : Carefully Used 2006 Lexus RX330 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 10:35am On Sep 17, 2019
Kindly note; this is strictly a thread to educate potential buyers on this platform
As we all know
Canadian vehicles are known for one thing; rust
That's why personally I stay away from the VIN (2t1******)
{educated car dealers will understand}
Not too long ago
I received a whatsapp message from a dealer
It was an ad for a 2008 Honda CRV, non accidented, flood free, bla bla bla
As a dealer who wants to make money
I contacted a fellow dealer who's into buying and selling wether it's a good buy or not
I did all due diligence and the straw that broke the back came
The vin report from carguide
My first deal breaker was the keyword "Canada"
I try as much as possible to stay away from Canadian vehicles with a few exceptions
Duty checked out well, mileage was rolled back, only 3 visible rusts on the vehicle (no under pics)
Vin report came
Turns out at the point of import, the vehicle was not accidented or flooded as claimed
But the vin report shows it had an accident in 2010 but was repaired
For few years after purchase by the first user, car was treated against rust but subsequently treatment stopped
Mileage was 293k
Title is junk;
As explained by carfax, a junk title is issued when the repair cost of a vehicle is more than 75% of the total cost of the vehicle
The vehicle in question has no visible structural or mechanical damage, so what could the damage be that requires this title to be issued
Oga enlightened me
It's definitely a suspension issue
Why?
RUST
Major attraction of the vehicle is the price (2.1m for a non accidented 2008 foreign used Honda CR-V, wowwwwwww)
And the auction pics will tell an average buyer who care less about comprehensive vin report that the vehicle is accident free
Basically, every buyer should make it a necessity to get a comprehensive vin report of the vehicle he wishes to purchase despite seeing the abroad pics which are usually attractive to the novices
This is a case study and the wise buyers will take lessons
Mad uneducated and misinformed miscreants will think of this as a pull me down tantric
But I'm unbothered
I've played my part
I'll post pictures of the vehicle but I will not link it to the seller because he bought it without knowing what it actually is
After informing him
Price drastically reduced to 1.7m with duty paid (take note)
All details will be posted

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 10:37am On Sep 17, 2019
Vehicle in question

1 Share

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 10:38am On Sep 17, 2019
Visible rust

1 Share

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 10:38am On Sep 17, 2019
Auction pics

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 10:40am On Sep 17, 2019
Another issue to key into
The site 'vincheckdotinfo' only run auction site checks and give reports from auction that's why the report below shows the car is not salvaged

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 10:43am On Sep 17, 2019
Now the bough breaker
Comprehensive report from carguide

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 10:44am On Sep 17, 2019
Carguide said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 10:47am On Sep 17, 2019
This is not an attempt to discredit the seller hence I'll protect his identity
Anybody willing to take the risk can HMU and I'll connect him or her

1 Share

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 10:50am On Sep 17, 2019
Cc
Kingreign
Eddee
GAZZUZZ
Obekediamondfuto
Dannybrasky
Thebigkendo
Diportivo
Pompouscardeale
Derailingderailer
Demeanor

Every seller must provide a comprehensive report for the vehicles he put on sale
A real buyer will buy against all odds
Point has been made
If you want to bash, OYO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:57am On Sep 17, 2019
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by diportivo: 11:01am On Sep 17, 2019
una don start undecided

meanwhile.....I saw expo that it's now 1.7

I will buy for 1.5 grin

if e break into two for road,I insurance will give me my money back

sense will not murder me sir cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 11:04am On Sep 17, 2019
diportivo:
una don start undecided

I will buy for 1.5 grin

If you're ready
HMU

1 Like

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:09am On Sep 17, 2019
diportivo:
una don start undecided

I will buy for 1.5 grin

That's a smart one grin
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by Readonee35L(m): 11:15am On Sep 17, 2019
mammanbawa:
Vehicle in question
Kindly provide photos of the deep rust

1 Like

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by Eddee(m): 11:41am On Sep 17, 2019
Show pictures of the underbody - I've never been a fan of CUVs anyway
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by kingreign(m): 11:44am On Sep 17, 2019
Eddee:
Show pictures of the underbody - I've never been a fan of CUVs anyway

When you get 4 children disturbing you and madam,you'd know the necessity and importance if CUV grin

Good morning brother man. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by kingreign(m): 11:44am On Sep 17, 2019
mammanbawa:

If you're ready
HMU

Pictures of underbody or... wink

How out doing bro?
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 11:51am On Sep 17, 2019
Readonee35l
Eddee
Kingreign
Underbody pictures will be available after physical inspection
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by Eddee(m): 11:53am On Sep 17, 2019
kingreign:

When you get 4 children disturbing you and madam,you'd know the necessity and importance if CUV grin

Good morning brother man. cool

Big man, you're right. However, I will still opt for an SUV or a 4*4 pickup truck
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by Eddee(m): 11:55am On Sep 17, 2019
mammanbawa:
Readon.ee35l
Edd.ee
K.ingreign
Underbody pictures will be available after physical inspection

You're a good man. I trust the robust response won't tarry like an Abuja based pastor
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 12:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
Eddee:

You're a good man. I trust the robust response won't tarry like an Abuja based pastor

Theon Fatoyinbo Greyjoy Monk comes to mind

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by kingreign(m): 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
Eddee:

Big man, you're right. However, I will still opt for an SUV or a 4*4 pickup truck

Nice choice.

1 Like

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by chosen124: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2019
Picture of underbody or else i ll give you PHD degree
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 12:18pm On Sep 17, 2019
As requested
Eddee
Kingreign
Readonee35l

1 Share

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2019
Who's willing to risk it?
HMU
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 12:30pm On Sep 17, 2019
Bump

1 Share

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by Mayor555(m): 12:32pm On Sep 17, 2019
to loose these bolts, someone will cry oo....
losing the bolts will be 3rd world war.
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by Mayor555(m): 12:35pm On Sep 17, 2019
to think it has only two small visible rust. But just look at the under....
junk ni tooto
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2019
When i say a greater proportion of Canadian cars are scrap, they will call me names, from the outside, looks like it's just the doors

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
When i say a greater proportion of Canadian cars are scrap, they will call me names
Seems they also consume the salt that render these vehicles useless
Salty fools
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by IamR: 12:55pm On Sep 17, 2019
ok
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by kingreign(m): 5:53pm On Sep 17, 2019
Eddee:

Another Kresting story loading from Abuja based Guzape hills Gucci Porsche bling star
https://www.nairaland.com/5422286/ifeoluwa-dolapo-abortion-death-biodun

(1) (2) (Reply)

2004 Toyota Corolla SPORT (Registered) @1.250 / Toks 2006 Camry Xle / Chevrolet Cruze 2010 Model For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.