Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles (2278 Views)

Gocinc Toyota and Lexus tread (Lexus es350 2008@2.1m available)awoof / Carefully Used Black 2010 Toyota Corolla LE / Sold! Price Crashed : Carefully Used 2006 Lexus RX330 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by Trexautos: 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2019
Hmm that means my aunt has been lucky. She bought Toyota big daddy since 2009 and till now still using it (Canadian assembled )
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by dru23(m): 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
When i say a greater proportion of Canadian cars are scrap, they will call me names, from the outside, looks like it's just the doors

Let us not forgot how many Nigerians are ready to pay for top dollar car with no rust... whether rust or no rust dey go price am the same way ...unless the rust is so bad that the frame is damaged , in most cases they just paint over the frame ...sometimes too the rust is not even from the snow or weather related .....
Keep in mind a lot of cars are Bern recycled and the steel are sold to China... because of some car company using recycle steel to make their cars.. At times the quality if the steel is not strong enough over time .. And it than gets easily rusted over time ....
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by Inception(m): 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2019

1 Like

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2019
dru23:

Let us not forgot how many Nigerians are ready to pay for top dollar car with no rust... whether rust or no rust dey go price am the same way ...unless the rust is so bad that the frame is damaged , in most cases they just paint over the frame ...sometimes too the rust is not even from the snow or weather related .....
Keep in mind a lot of cars are Bern recycled and the steel are sold to China... because of some car company using recycle steel to make their cars.. At times the quality if the steel is not strong enough over time .. And it than gets easily rusted over time ....

Oga oyel
And you think all the crash tests and regulatory agencies are there for pictures abi
No vehicle will be put in the market with that kind of deadly structure without any controversy?

2 Likes

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2019
Inception:

shocked
1.7m and it's all yours
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by dru23(m): 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
mammanbawa:

Oga oyel
And you think all the crash tests and regulatory agencies are there for pictures abi
No vehicle will be put in the market with that kind of deadly structure without any controversy?

The steel are not as strong as before ..some cars are prone to rust not weather related ..if you look at some Benz near the door side above the tire.. It is prone to rust, very rusty.. Likely the steel they use on those part of car could not hold the test of time ... picture below is an example of rust am talking.. Few Benz that I bought in the past were like.. Most of the owners stated that side of the car for Benz is prone to rust... The second pic is actually a Benz that I bought.. The owner stated that the garage during the winter.. He said Benz tend to have those problems

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by Jacobx007: 7:10pm On Sep 17, 2019
Chai, this car don rust finish, how can someone be comfortable with this kind of coffin on wheels

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 7:43pm On Sep 17, 2019
dru23:

The steel are not as strong as before ..some cars are prone to rust not weather related ..if you look at some Benz near the door side above the tire.. It is prone to rust, very rusty.. Likely the steel they use on those part of car could not hold the test of time ... picture below is an example of rust am talking.. Few Benz that I bought in the past were like.. Most of the owners stated that side of the car for Benz is prone to rust... The second pic is actually a Benz that I bought.. The owner stated that the garage during the winter.. He said Benz tend to have those problems

Prone to rust cos of the quality of steel and weather conditions
Not cos the steel is recycled
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2019
Jacobx007:
Chai, this car don rust finish, how can someone be comfortable with this kind of coffin on wheels
Buy it for 1.7
Insure it
If it falls apart
Claim your money and move on
grin grin
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by Eddee(m): 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
kingreign:

Another Kresting story loading from Abuja based Guzape hills Gucci Porsche bling star
https://www.nairaland.com/5422286/ifeoluwa-dolapo-abortion-death-biodun

My man no dey everly disappoint. grin grin grin
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by kingreign(m): 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
Eddee:

My man no dey everly disappoint. grin grin grin
I tell you. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by dru23(m): 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2019
mammanbawa:

Also I forgot to mention early to middle 2000 ..Toyota pick up trucks had a huge frame issue .. The frame was prone to rust ,not because of weather.. They had recall because of that, this I believe was the Toyota Tundra at the time .. When buying pickup trucks at the time people I was told to stay away from Toyota pick up trucks because rusty of frame ...

When steel are recycle they are not has strong .. .. When I was doing auto parts in Japan in early 2000. After the cars are dismantled, meaning the cars are strip off to skeleton bones .. The skeleton of the car is than compressed with others cars and than ship to China to be recycle.. And it sold per ton to china. China had huge demand for steel and the demand outweighs the supply .. So that was the reason for recycle steel
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by dru23(m): 8:52pm On Sep 17, 2019
mammanbawa:

This Toyota frame issue has nothing to do with weather bro ..recycle steel or low quality steel or both ......

Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
dru23:

Also I forgot to mention early to middle 2000 ..Toyota pick up trucks had a huge frame issue .. The frame was prone to rust ,not because of weather.. They had recall because of that, this I believe was the Toyota Tundra at the time .. When buying pickup trucks at the time people I was told to stay away from Toyota pick up trucks because rusty of frame ...

When steel are recycle they are not has strong .. .. When I was doing auto parts in Japan in early 2000. After the cars are dismantled, meaning the cars are strip off to skeleton bones .. The skeleton of the car is than compressed with others cars and than ship to China to be recycle.. And it sold per ton to china. China had huge demand for steel and the demand outweighs the supply .. So that was the reason for recycle steel

Guy u don hustle o shocked
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by dru23(m): 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Auto parts business, I will never do am again. Physically demanding job.. And ladipo boyz go frustrate you tired . It's like a Cartel ...never would I do that again... Very time consuming..
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by mammanbawa: 9:32pm On Sep 17, 2019
dru23:

Read again
I mentioned quality of the material
Re: Another Reason Why You Should Tread Carefully When Buying Canadian Vehicles by kingreign(m): 7:00am On Sep 18, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

From parts to oyel, baba dey hustle wella grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

2006 Liberty Jeep 690k / Sold sold Accident free 2016 Model Toyota Highlander XLE AWD Available Forsale / Mercedes Benz S Class Long W221 S600 - Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.