Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Germany Or The Uk?? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Germany Or The Uk?? (3897 Views)

Poland Or Germany Or Canada, Which One's Best? / Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany Or The Uk?? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2019
Good day everyone, just a quick one to help a sister..

She recently got dmitted in a private school in Germany and also a school in the Uk with almost the same fee. Which of this country will you consider if you are in her shoe? Polite and educating response will be appreciated!
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by Beblessedbaba: 12:53pm On Sep 17, 2019
UK prospect of job is higher than Germany.

More international opportunities.. Yes

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by wiggle: 1:29pm On Sep 17, 2019
If you have opportunity to get both countries just go for UK if not for anything else the English language advantage.. Communication is key in any new country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by Saintsquare(m): 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2019
wiggle:
If you have opportunity to get both countries just go for UK if not for anything else the English language advantage.. Communication is key in any new country
So true ....
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by cliper230(m): 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2019
Germany have more job prospects than uk. If language barriers is not problem for you just go Germany and in germany you can stay back after your study and uk cant offer you that . Why would go private university and pay tuition fee in germany while all the public schools are free for international students ..just hustle admission from public schools in germany, most of the public schools are free tuition

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by frankmoney(m): 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2019
cliper230:
Germany have more job prospects than uk. If language barriers is not problem for you just go Germany and in germany you can stay back after your study and uk cant offer you that . Why would go private university and pay tuition fee in germany while all the public schools are free for international students ..just hustle admission from public schools in germany, most of the public schools are free tuition
hey bro are you sure about staying back after study is it allowed ? Because I'm also thinking of choosing either Germany or UK at the moment , I need to know if they allow students stay back for work after studies
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by cliper230(m): 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2019
Yes
frankmoney:
hey bro are you sure about staying back after study is it allowed ? Because I'm also thinking of choosing either Germany or UK at the moment , I need to know if they allow students stay back for work after studies
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by Hadampson(m): 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2019
frankmoney:

In Germany, you will be given 18 months to look for job and after getting the job, you are on your way to permanent residency

4 Likes

Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by Hadampson(m): 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2019
Akannigbabe:

She recently got dmitted in a private school in Germany and also a school in the Uk with almost the same fee. Which of this country will you consider if you are in her shoe? Polite and educating response will be appreciated!

Economically, Germany is more developed than UK. Germany also has better infrastructure.

In education aspect, Germany has an edge over UK due to post study work visa options. She will be given 18 months to look for a job before she apply for permanent resident permit/blue card. Also, it depends on her course. If her course is related to engineering, then she can choose Germany otherwise UK.

In the area of diversity, UK on this one but Germany isn't far behind.

She can choose Germany ONLY if she is ready to learn Deutsch.

Viel Glück für sie

8 Likes

Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by frankmoney(m): 7:29am On Sep 18, 2019
Hadampson:

In Germany, you will be given 18 months to look for job and after getting the job, you are on your way to permanent residency
thanks bro , also does it apply even if the job is an unskilled , non professional job ?
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by Hadampson(m): 7:42am On Sep 18, 2019
frankmoney:
thanks bro , also does it apply even if the job is an unskilled , non professional job ?

No sir
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by frankmoney(m): 7:44am On Sep 18, 2019
Hadampson:

No sir

okay great . Last question grin....... I heard getting a house to rent is a bit difficult . How true ??
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by mumnadine: 7:56am On Sep 18, 2019
Hadampson:

uk will start giving two years post study visa effective 2020/2021

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by Hadampson(m): 8:07am On Sep 18, 2019
frankmoney:
okay great . Last question grin....... I heard getting a house to rent is a bit difficult . How true ??

It depends on the city. If you are heading to one of the major cities in Germany like Munich, Cologne, Stuttgart, Hamburg, Düsseldorf etc rest assured it is hard for everyone to find an apartment because demand is high and supply is low.

1 Like

Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by adigun98(m): 10:37am On Oct 21, 2019
Hadampson:

No sir

Boss do you mean even if one got an unskilled job and not professional,he doesn't stand a chance of getting the PR ?
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by Hadampson(m): 11:57am On Oct 21, 2019
adigun98:

Boss do you mean even if one got an unskilled job and not professional,he doesn't stand a chance of getting the PR ?

Yes sir.

The job must be in line with your course of study
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by Smallboy01: 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2019
Go for G3rmany, 'cos it's economically better than UK, and their tuition fee is very cheap, the only disadvantage there is "language barrier", you can also work as a student. Uk schools are damn expensive and Racism is very rampant even in schools, i've a female friend there that experiences racism almost everyday in school even the some of the teachers are involved.
SO I'LL ADVISE YOU TO CHOOSE G3RMANY

1 Like

Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by adigun98(m): 3:30pm On Oct 21, 2019
Hadampson:

Yes sir.

The job must be in line with your course of study
Okay boss thanks alot
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by faceland: 9:11pm On Oct 21, 2019
Go to a country that is friendly to immigrants.

That is not UK.
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
faceland:
Go to a country that is friendly to immigrants.

That is not UK.

Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by Tolks127(f): 6:30pm On Nov 20, 2019
Hi everyone, I am new here. Pls help a sister. I found a course I am interested in a public school in Germany,but don't have all the required document, particularly, the Language proficiency certificate. Is there an alternative to that? Also, what is the next after finding a school and course? Thank you in anticipation of your help
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by Linzo(m): 9:32am On Nov 21, 2019
Is GRE and other English proficiency tests like TOEFL or IELTS compulsory for admission in Germany for masters? Somebody help !!!!
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by Newbetterphase: 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2019
Akannigbabe:

Please what's the name of the private university
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by lifeofkelvino(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2019
Hadampson:

Economically, Germany is more developed than UK. Germany also has better infrastructure.

In education aspect, Germany has an edge over UK due to post study work visa options. She will be given 18 months to look for a job before she apply for permanent resident permit/blue card. Also, it depends on her course. If her course is related to engineering, then she can choose Germany otherwise UK.

In the area of diversity, UK on this one but Germany isn't far behind.

She can choose Germany ONLY if she is ready to learn Deutsch.

Viel Glück für sie

Bro. Please check.

I sent you a mail
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by demigod9: 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
Linzo:
Is GRE and other English proficiency tests like TOEFL or IELTS compulsory for admission in Germany for masters? Somebody help !!!!

For some schools it's compulsory others will can accept a letter from your school stating that your Bsc was in English. But you have to check the school website to know if it's compulsory or not.
Re: Germany Or The Uk?? by Linzo(m): 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2019
demigod9:

For some schools it's compulsory others will can accept a letter from your school stating that your Bsc was in English. But you have to check the school website to know if it's compulsory or not.
OK, thanks!!!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In China! / In Istanbul, Is Job Guaranteed / Renewal Of Usa Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.