Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Administrative Review - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Administrative Review (2823 Views)

K-1 Visa, Administrative Processing, Received Phone Call From Embassy / In Need Of Advise Concerning Us Embassy “administrative Process” / Administrative Review: Uk Visa Tier 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Administrative Review by bimpels1: 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2010
Pls people, i need to be more enlightened about this review cos i was recently denied tier 4 student visa to the Uk and
was to to do the administrative review before 28days, pls how long does it take for them
to do this review?
Re: Administrative Review by Dannyboy80: 9:46am On Oct 31, 2010
U get response within 28days of submission.sometimes,it could take up to a month or 2.To be on a safe side, put in the admin review then make a fresh application carefully addressin the issue/issues pointed out by the ECO.
Re: Administrative Review by funkybaby(f): 9:56am On Oct 31, 2010
Dannyboy80:

U get response within 28days of submission.sometimes,it could take up to a month or 2.To be on a safe side, put in the admin review then make a fresh application carefully addressin the issue/issues pointed out by the ECO.

spot on.

@bimpels1
the course you applied to study. . . . . when does lectures, etc commence?
Re: Administrative Review by justwise(m): 10:42am On Oct 31, 2010
funkybaby:

spot on.
@bimpels1
the course you applied to study. . . . . when does lectures, etc commence?

Does it take that long for somebody applying for review in the UK? My mate was refused cos of 28days rules and he is trying to appeal the decision.
Re: Administrative Review by funkybaby(f): 10:47am On Oct 31, 2010
justwise:

Does it take that long for somebody applying for review in the UK? My mate was refused cos of 28days rules and he is trying to appeal the decision.

it shouldnt take long if its within the UK. what category did the person apply for? Student visa?

was the person asked to leave the UK within 28days after the refusal?
Re: Administrative Review by justwise(m): 10:50am On Oct 31, 2010
funkybaby:

it shouldnt take long if its within the UK. what category did the person apply for? Student visa?

was the person asked to leave the UK within 28days after the refusal?

Yea student visa, he was given the right to appeal and also given the option to leave if he decide not to appeal.
Re: Administrative Review by funkybaby(f): 10:55am On Oct 31, 2010
justwise:

Yea student visa, he was given the right to appeal and also given the option to leave if he decide not to appeal.

okay. he didnt leave the funds in the account for 28days? is that the reason for the refusal? if he appeals, do you think he has a strong/valid case? the new rules are quite clear and straightforward. except its an error on the part of the person that assessed the application
Re: Administrative Review by justwise(m): 11:06am On Oct 31, 2010
funkybaby:

okay. he didnt leave the funds in the account for 28days? is that the reason for the refusal? if he appeals, do you think he has a strong/valid case? the new rules are quite clear and straightforward. except its an error on the part of the person that assessed the application

According to him, the money was in 3 different accounts within the same bank for more than 28days then when he wanted to apply for the visa, he moved the money into one account to avoid submitting too many bank accounts and he also explained that in his application form.
Re: Administrative Review by funkybaby(f): 11:08am On Oct 31, 2010
justwise:

According to him, the money was in 3 different accounts within the same bank for more than 28days then when he wanted to apply for the visa, he moved the money into one account to avoid submitting too many bank accounts and he also explained that in his application form.

ok. am off to church. will respond in full when i get back.

you should go to church too wink
Re: Administrative Review by justwise(m): 11:09am On Oct 31, 2010
funkybaby:

ok. am off to church. will respond in full when i get back.

you should go to church too wink
grin grin grin ok.
Re: Administrative Review by funkybaby(f): 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2010
justwise:

na wa for your guy. which kind mistake abi na oversight be that one? why didnt he put the lump sum in one account?

so did he submit the 3 different bank statements with the appeal ?
Re: Administrative Review by justwise(m): 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2010
funkybaby:

na wa for your guy. which kind mistake abi na oversight be that one? why didnt he put the lump sum in one account?

so did he submit the 3 different bank statements with the appeal ?

Exactly what i thought. He put some of the money in ISA and some in monthly savings then his current account, then moved them to one account when he was about to apply for the visa.

Now he wants to submit all the 3 bank accounts for the appeal, to show that the money has been in those 3 different account for more than 28days b4 he moved them to one account.
Re: Administrative Review by funkybaby(f): 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2010
justwise:

Exactly what i thought. He put some of the money in ISA and some in monthly savings then his current account, then moved them to one account when he was about to apply for the visa.

Now he wants to submit all the 3 bank accounts for the appeal, to show that the money has been in those 3 different account for more than 28days b4 he moved them to one account.

let me guess the bank? Lloyds ? grin grin

na wa o. all he can do is submit the three bank statement.
when is he supposed to start uni?

Its a 50-50 chance. He should have a plan B. which i guess is coming to naija to apply undecided
Re: Administrative Review by justwise(m): 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2010
funkybaby:

let me guess the bank? Lloyds ? grin grin

na wa o. all he can do is submit the three bank statement.
when is he supposed to start uni?

Its a 50-50 chance. He should have a plan B. which i guess is coming to naija to apply undecided

Hahaha. . no its Barclays. He started uni already, a month ago, paid all the fees, he has been here for 7yrs now, i don't think he has had any immigration prob b4 hence the oversight
Re: Administrative Review by funkybaby(f): 4:47pm On Oct 31, 2010
justwise:

Hahaha. . no its Barclays. He started uni already, a month ago, paid all the fees, he has been here for 7yrs now, i don't think he has had any immigration prob b4 hence the oversight

didnt the uni ask for a copy of his passport, visa, etc . . . . considering the fact he paid the fees under the 'international students' category? i am also guessing that he must have obtained a degree before from the same uni? right? grin
Re: Administrative Review by justwise(m): 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2010
funkybaby:

didnt the uni ask for a copy of his passport, visa, etc . . . . considering the fact he paid the fees under the 'international students' category? i am also guessing that he must have obtained a degree before from the same uni? right? grin

He was swtiching from PSW to student visa, he applied for the MSC course with PSW which expired last month, his first degree was not with the same uni.
Re: Administrative Review by funkybaby(f): 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2010
justwise:

He was swtiching from PSW to student visa, he applied for the MSC course with PSW which expired last month, his first degree was not with the same uni.

how come all my guesses are all wrong angry angry grin

na wa o. so what happens, if God forbid, the administrative review is thrown out and the refusal upheld undecided

i hope say the guy dey fast and pray .
Re: Administrative Review by justwise(m): 5:06pm On Oct 31, 2010
funkybaby:

how come all my guesses are all wrong angry angry grin

na wa o. so what happens, if God forbid, the administrative review is thrown out and the refusal upheld undecided

i hope say the guy dey fast and pray .

grin grin grin grin. . . i asked him to chose oral hearing so as to explain things more to them. He actually have more than the £5400 required, i guess if the review failed then he will be in a very tight situation.
Re: Administrative Review by funkybaby(f): 5:14pm On Oct 31, 2010
justwise:

grin grin grin grin. . . i asked him to chose oral hearing so as to explain things more to them. He actually have more than the £5400 required, i guess if the review failed then he will be in a very tight situation.

smart move. smiley
it is well.
Re: Administrative Review by justwise(m): 5:22pm On Oct 31, 2010
funkybaby:

smart move. smiley
it is well.
grin grin . . .hope it works, he will be submitting 2moro and wait for their reply.

(1) (Reply)

Schooling In Dominica Republic / See The State Of Anambra Airport 6 Months After Commissioning / Prove Of Financial Means In Austria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.