Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) (19545 Views)

British Citizen Luke Leyland Vs Plateau State Champion In Dambe Boxing (video) / Local Boxing Tournament In The North (dambe Sport) (video/pictures) / Wings Of African Pride: FIFA Releases World Cup Slogans For Super Eagles, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by martowskin1(m): 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2019
This lazy idiots in NL can't even try this
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by Andersonjr(m): 8:47pm On Sep 25, 2019
Only one blow with that their fist wrapped with something i don't know will land someone in hospital. Thanks i'll pass
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by Dpharisee: 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2019
Dambe boxing can be improved with the addition of standard hand gloves like in boxing and UFC. The fighters should wear teeth guard for safety and a rules book developed. It's gaining popularity on the internet and can attract sports betting and other companies sponsorship and become a money spinner

2 Likes

Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by SolarHub(m): 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by Legendguru: 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2019
hmm
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by jaxxy(m): 9:01pm On Sep 25, 2019
Africans don’t evolve much this sports has been like this for years or centuries it refuses to change or improve.
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by AWFCNAIJA: 9:08pm On Sep 25, 2019
meobizy:
Senegalese wrestling is the best. Those guys are professionals in their sport. Dambe is an amateur sport anyone can indulge in. It is also very dangerous unlike Senegal's catch wrestling form.

I beg to disagree. Dambe like the Senegalese wrestling is both different forms of combat sports practised across West Africa. While one involves hard punches and knockouts, the other involves hand grapples and tackles to bring the opponent down.
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by AWFCNAIJA: 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2019
Dpharisee:
Dambe boxing can be improved with the addition of standard hand gloves like in boxing and UFC. The fighters should wear teeth guard for safety and a rules book developed. It's gaining popularity on the internet and can attract sports betting and other companies sponsorship and become a money spinner

Great thought... we are looking in that direction in the near future.
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by meobizy(f): 9:14pm On Sep 25, 2019
AWFCNAIJA:

I beg to disagree. Dambe like the Senegalese wrestling is both different forms of combat sports practised across West Africa. While one involves hard punches and knockouts, the other involves hand grapples and tackles to bring the opponent down.
I read somewhere that punches in Dambe are so hard they can break cinderblocks, fracture human bones and kill opponents. Any sport like that is a no-no for me. I want my favourite athletes free from grievous bodily harm. With the Senegalese form matches don't last longer than six seconds and involve only brute strength which requires competitors training frequently to build and maintain.
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by AWFCNAIJA: 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2019
The Battle for Lagos was our first event in Lagos and we hope to bring a much more action-packed event in December.

More shots from the Battle for Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by ikennamadu1(m): 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2019
post=82563551]Those gloves alone sef..... na mortuary! grin cheesy wink

Just one gbosa for your head will make you see Jesus!
[/quote] cheesy[quote author=
:
Those gloves alone sef..... na mortuary! grin cheesy wink

Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by AWFCNAIJA: 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2019
meobizy:

I read somewhere that punches in Dambe are so hard they can break cinderblocks, fracture human bones and kill opponents. Any sport like that is a no-no for me. I want my favourite athletes free from grievous bodily harm. With the Senegalese form matches don't last longer than six seconds and involve only brute strength which requires competitors training frequently to build and maintain.

Saying that punches in Dambe are lethal is more of an over-exaggeration. While no doubt, the punches are hard, the key here is to match athletes in their weight scales. This way a balance is created, and even more, the fights are more interesting with better showmanship.
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by KingsArome(m): 9:33pm On Sep 25, 2019
AWFCNAIJA:
I know the wait has been long... but I promise you, we won't disappoint.

Watch some of the best punches and knockouts at the African Fighting Championship Battle for Lagos event here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM4cVwxZJjg

Come to dei-dei in Abuja, we do watch it every Friday there.
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by XYZ123: 9:38pm On Sep 25, 2019
post=82563551:
Those gloves alone sef..... na mortuary! grin cheesy wink

gringringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2019
I think Nivea deodorant should invest heavily here because their body ordour can. Chase away investors
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by professorMD1: 9:46pm On Sep 25, 2019
This is an avenue to break bones and loose teeth. I cannot demonstrate my foolishness by playing this. This is quarter to suicide...even first aid no de near dem grin

1 Like

Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by AWFCNAIJA: 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2019
Tango in the rain

Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by Badonasty(m): 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2019
naijadrivablog:
Contact sports is still in its primitive stage in Africa.

Local UFC
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by Umarxjam01: 11:20pm On Sep 25, 2019
ade002:
Nice sport .. Interesting to watch. But we need to improve it. Make it colorful and attractive for the world stage..

Hopefully a state in this country will invest into it. Promote it.. Who knows it may be a source of revenue in future.

The tourism ministry has a lot to do..
the problem is juju don full am
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by maisauki: 11:22pm On Sep 25, 2019
naijadrivablog:
Contact sports is still in its primitive stage in Africa.
wee u kip kwayet!
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by SamgoldBaba: 12:34am On Sep 26, 2019
Watching two grown up men knock themselves out dey always sweet me
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by AWFCNAIJA: 5:39am On Sep 26, 2019
SamgoldBaba:
Watching two grown up men knock themselves out dey always sweet me

lol... You should see more photos and videos here

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb1kzMpUbed24m05LhgfqSQ/videos?view_as=subscriber
Facebook: African Warriors Fighting Championship
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/africanwarriorsfc/

Learn more at www.africanwarriorsfc.com
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by AWFCNAIJA: 5:56am On Sep 26, 2019
Wrestling, Gidigbo, Kokowa requires much more than brute strength or size. There are definitely levels to this.

Watch Felix Chikanma take on Abba Ibrahim in a battle of wits and tactics at the African Warriors Fighting Championship Battle for Lagos event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOkiUHG_brY
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by mamaafrik(m): 6:54am On Sep 26, 2019
Those bottles should not be lying where they are.....
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by verifiablefacts: 7:23am On Sep 26, 2019
Rotimi47:
Jalisco ( Aworojobe/church street/ brown street) Oshodi/bolade high School or grammar schools . grin
wesley

1 Like

Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 26, 2019
baby124:
Which one is Dambe. I only know of Gidigbo

Gidigbo is Yoruba wrestling sport.
But dambe is hausa fighting sport.
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by AWFCCombat: 3:33pm On Mar 14, 2020
Level don change!

Check out the 'Coronation of Kings' the lastest documentary from the African Warriors Fighting Championship. In it, we delve into the sports of Dambe and Wrestling also known as Kokowa, Gidigbo and Mbga and discuss our journey so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okzB3cek0JU
Re: The Best Of African Combat Sport | Dambe And Wrestling (pictures) by AWFCCombat: 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2020
Experience African Warriors live in Lagos on the 25th of April at Lekki Leisure Lake!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ronaldo's Interview: We Have Initiated Appropriate Steps - Man Utd / Nicknames Of Teams Playing In Russia 2018 / Russia 2018: Profiling Nigeria’s World Cup Opponents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.