Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? (17139 Views)

Poll: Who do you want the NFA to employ of these 2 coaches?

STEPHEN OKECHUKWU KESHI: 14% (17 votes)
SAMSON YEBOWEI SIASIA: 85% (98 votes)
This poll has ended

Full List Of 30 Players Invited To Camp By Samson Siasia For Rio Olympics / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by efoghorjos: 8:53am On Nov 01, 2010
Both coaches, no doubt, are very experienced. But I think one thing our national teams lack is motivation and team spirit. In that area, Siasia has an edge over any other coach in Nigeria. You should think of the spirit with which the U-20 team played in the Netherlands and the way the Olympic team also played in China.

We have the players with skills quite alright but the main reason we are losing matches to countries like Cameroon, Cote d'ivoire, Ghana, Argentina, etc is because they are more forceful and motivated. Only one coach can do that for the Super Eagles right now. That coach is Siasia. Keshi was there before and couldn't change things.

Keshi onfor M the other hand did in Togo what only few African coaches could do. But with the likes of Fred Kanoute, Seidu Keita, etc, he could not do much for Mali in Angola.

Siasia should be allowed to handle the team for now. We have experimented with Christian Chukwu, Shuaibu Amodu, Stephen Keshi and Austin Eguavoen.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by etengokoi(m): 8:58am On Nov 01, 2010
Siasia is the man. Siasia it is your tone. No deprivation this time around.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 01, 2010
Keshi,the BOSS

for sho
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by akinalabi(m): 9:16am On Nov 01, 2010
Looking at their resumes Keshi is well ahead of Siasia. D guy has managed at senior level and delivered results. Siasia has a resume that does not go beyond age grade level internationally. Even his domestic club profile isn't particularly thick. But despite this, if it comes down to these 2 then there is no real choice. It only makes sense to hire Siasia.

Lets face facts. Most super eagles fans believe that Siasia is d only capable indigenous coach we have. If Keshi is given the job he will not have the goodwill of the fans or the media. The very first moment he even stumbles, the usual suspects will start calling for his head and putting ridiculous pressure and constraints on his ability to do his job. The time that should be afforded him to build a new team while delivering good performances and results will not be given to him. The press will assault him with all sort of negative stories and the fans who never wanted him in the first place will hound him out of the job. These are pressures that I don't think Siasia will face as he has earned a tremendous amount of goodwill from the public. Most fans will show more patience and understanding that is required, with a Siasia in charge. When Amodu said our home based weren't ready to brought straight into d national setup, d press and fans almost ate him alive. But when Siasia said d exact same thing early during his negotiations with d NFF, the same people that crucified Amodu, agreed with Siasia. Better we give Siasia d job and then see how he does.

BULLSEYE!

You're a very wise person.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by toosoon(m): 9:21am On Nov 01, 2010
I will not judge by experience, i will rather advice NFF to consider their age and apply 4yrs tenure system (no second term).
IMO Super Eagles do not need a coach but a ruler.
Keshi is 48, while Siasia is 43, The eldest son will rule SE.
Keshi will rule SE for 4yrs, before handing over to SiaOne, the next candidate will be btw Ben Iroha and Austin Jay Jay Okocha. cool wink
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by FBS: 9:32am On Nov 01, 2010
I must have missed it when SiaOne said our local players aren't good enough. (anyone with a link for this)?
If he indeed said that, then I'm highly disappointed.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by blackchief(m): 9:35am On Nov 01, 2010
Two great son of Nigeria, we should be proud of any Day

Big Boss all the way. To go out to another Nation (Togo and Mail) to coach, under difficult African condition and qualify the Nations for World cup, Nation cup take a lot of doing. This is after been frustrated form Nigeria in 2002.

While Samson Siasia is a promising coach no doubt, I still believe he has a lot to learn, as his performance with heathland showed his lack of understanding of African football at the high stage. Under 20 or 21 world cup performance is not the same as  Managing a senior National team.

At this point experience is what we need.
Thanks.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by reubeno(m): 9:59am On Nov 01, 2010
Big Boss Keshi belongs to the class of Amodu Shaibu and there style of coaching is outdated SiAsiA really has what it takes to take us to the much talked about promised land.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by smilingjee(m): 10:26am On Nov 01, 2010
siasia all the way
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by naso2(m): 10:35am On Nov 01, 2010
Keshi is not better than Amodu, why should anybody campare him to SIA1? I give th job to siasia any day.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by naso2(m): 10:42am On Nov 01, 2010
Keshi was our u-21 coach in AYC 2001 , he could not even guide the team past group stage. Yes he qualified togo for the WC , but could not get a single point at ANC 2006 in egypt, he lost all matches scandalously. Took over a star-studded Malian team and fumbled big time.

In nigeria he introduced the Mafia to SE. Now he is telling us , he is not bothered by money, hence would accept anything, he just wants to coach SE. His plan most likely is to fill the salary gap with egunje from players.

Anybody wey know "MY-GARRI" make dem warn him well well. Keshi will dig a bigger pit and bury our football.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by bong4(m): 10:57am On Nov 01, 2010
Whether SiaSia or Kechi, the truth is Nigeria needs a new National Team and to me it is only SiaSia that can do that and instil discipline. A team that is filled with players who are goal getters. Keshi can't do that.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by adeshsam(m): 11:02am On Nov 01, 2010
Siasia is better than Kechi.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by opabukun(m): 11:35am On Nov 01, 2010
ME:  SIASIA 10  VS   KESHI  0.

GENERAL POPULACE : SIASIA  6.5  VS   KESHI  3.5

NFF :  SIASIA ($1M SignOnFee, $15K/MONTH)   VS   KESHI (nil SOF, $3K/MONTH)

WHO GOT THE JOB? shocked grin
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by IchieEzeji: 11:43am On Nov 01, 2010
Both are good coaches, but I prefer Siasia. He's less likely to dance to the tunes of the corrupt NFF officials whose sole interest is how to line their pockets and not the betterment of footbal in Nigeria. And that's why NFF has refused to give him the job. Again, Siasia is unlikely to tolerate any form nonsense fron the players; recall what he did to Mikel Obi and Taye Taiwo.

Keshi, on the other hand, can "play ball" - the Nigerian way. And that's what NFF officials want. Moreover, Keshi had his own group while a Super Eagles player/captain; what stops him from re-enacting same as a coach?
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 01, 2010
If i were keshi i would rally behind siasia knowing that the next indigenous coach will not be paid less.

If keshi gets the job as i fear he might, he will regret it and he will follow the path of amodu. He will learn first hand what it is not to have the goodwill of the people.

Siasia is more intelligent, charismatic and disciplined. He has the goodwill of most Nigerians, can inspire players to die for him on the pitch and most importantly, he has a mind of his own.

I watched keshi analyse on supersport and i was disappointed. He was busy agreeing with every other analyst on the show. Daniel and Victor are better!

Siasia is the press and people's choice. If this were not so, the NFF wouldn't have approached him before they made the job opening public.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by Goldenmeda(m): 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2010
Samson Siasia is da man
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by femmy2010(m): 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2010
SiaOne anyday
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by tyson55(m): 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2010
Given a choice, i 'll go for Siasia.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by alldone(m): 1:15pm On Nov 01, 2010
Both of them are good, but achievement i prefer siasia. dont forget that he normally bring in a white guy that help him out.
Give him a chance and he will do well over a period of time.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by honeric01(m): 1:29pm On Nov 01, 2010
alldone:

Both of them are good[b], but achievement[/b] i prefer siasia. dont forget that he normally bring in a white guy that help him out.
Give him a chance and he will do well over a period of time.

Achievement? what do you mean by that? this is the national team, not an age grade tournament, please remember that.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by spartarcus: 1:46pm On Nov 01, 2010
“Although anybody is entitled to his opinion, it is unfair for anybody to insinuate that the committee that is yet to be inaugurated has concluded on the choice of the Super Eagles coach that we have not even sat down to know ourselves as members, talk less of discussing the subject matter,” said Onigbinde.This is from MTN football.com.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by babytoun: 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2010
honeric01:

Achievement? what do you mean by that? this is the national team, not an age grade tournament, please remember that.

Amodu has qualified us for the WC twice , and was sacked  becuase his performance was still not satisfactory. Infact in 2002 when he was sacked, Keshi was his assistant.

Keshi's only claim is that he qualified Togo for the WC, aside that it has been failure galore. Now tell me why you feel  keshi is better than  AMODU , how much more SIA1?

spartarcus:

“Although anybody is entitled to his opinion, it is unfair for anybody to insinuate that the committee that is yet to be inaugurated has concluded on the choice of the Super Eagles coach that we have not even sat down to know ourselves as members, talk less of discussing the subject matter,” said Onigbinde.This is from MTN football.com.

Once onigbinde is a member of the commitee, siasia has a very very slim chance.

Why I pity MY-GARRIi is , that he seems not to understand that LULU was sacked by the public after a dismal WC showing and not necessarily by GEJ.

Keshi cannot change anything in SE, it will be business as usual.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by honeric01(m): 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2010
babytoun:

Amodu has qualified us for the WC twice , and was sacked  becuase his performance was still not satisfactory. Infact in 2002 when he was sacked, Keshi was his assistant.

Keshi's only claim is that he qualified Togo for the WC, aside that it has been failure galore. Now tell me why you feel  keshi is better than  AMODU , how much more SIA1?

Being an assistant to Amodu does not mean jack, what matters is the fact that he's likely to have the full hand in the job to do what he knows how to do best, Keshi only claim is not qualifying Togo to the world cup, rather he qualified them with excellent results, apart from that he managed the team well until the FA of togo interfered, the problem with African football is that coaches (local) are not allowed to work in a condusive environment without them trying to interfere, when it comes to handling a senior team on the international stage, i give it to Keshi 100%.
Siasia went with the U-20 worldcup and most of his flaws were seen by everyone, even his sub in that match against a 10 man German team was shitty, everyone saw it.

He took over Heartland and gave them the worse result in 2 years, they failed to even finish in the top 5, ended up winning just one game in the caf champions league, that's bloody poor, even Kelechi Emetole got to the finals of the same tourney beating the beatable (convincingly).

babytoun:

Once onigbinde is a member of the commitee, siasia has a very very slim chance.

Why I pity MY-GARRIi is , that he seems not to understand that LULU was sacked by the public after a dismal WC showing and not necessarily by GEJ.

Keshi cannot change anything in SE, it will be business as usual.

Siasia is just basking in the euphoria of the media and fans, when the real business starts, he's going to hate himself for not knowing how the mind of an average Nigerian fan works, he should listen to people's view anytime he loses a match, Nigerians are VERY quick to condemn when results fail to show, he should know that an average Nigerian fan cannot be trusted, nor the media.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by yale516: 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2010
siasia is a local hampion,
i prefer keshi to him,
os he has made international marks both home and abroad,
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by babytoun: 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2010
honeric01:

Being an assistant to Amodu does not mean jack, what matters is the fact that he's likely to have the full hand in the job to do what he knows how to do best, Keshi only claim is not qualifying Togo to the world cup, rather he qualified them with excellent results, apart from that he managed the team well until the FA of togo interfered, the problem with African football is that coaches (local) are not allowed to work in a condusive environment without them trying to interfere, when it comes to handling a senior team on the international stage, i give it to Keshi 100%.
Siasia went with the U-20 worldcup and most of his flaws were seen by everyone, even his sub in that match against a 10 man German team was shitty, everyone saw it.

He took over Heartland and gave them the worse result in 2 years, they failed to even finish in the top 5, ended up winning just one game in the caf champions league, that's bloody poor, even Kelechi Emetole got to the finals of the same tourney beating the beatable (convincingly).

Siasia is just basking in the euphoria of the media and fans, when the real business starts, he's going to hate himself for not knowing how the mind of an average Nigerian fan works, he should listen to people's view anytime he loses a match, Nigerians are VERY quick to condemn when results fail to show, he should know that an average Nigerian fan cannot be trusted, nor the media.

Check your stats before posting. When was siasia appointed heartland coach? and when did the 2009 season end? Siasia was appointed in July, now tell me when the league ended, for you to have attached heartland's poor league showing to siasia?

Has keshi coached our under 20 team before? if yes, could you educate us on the outcome?
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by spartarcus: 3:09pm On Nov 01, 2010
Whosoever will get the job should basically be on merit and not on public sympathy, they are both good but if Siaone get the job Nigeria should be ready to employ Kalika as well.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by toosoon(m): 3:13pm On Nov 01, 2010
yale516:

siasia is a local hampion,
i prefer keshi to him,
os he has made international marks both home and abroad,

who dash am local champion, did he win NPL with any nigeria club?

Maybe he will, when NFF starts implementing U18 NPL Academic League, then and then he (SiaOne) can perform with his over-age players.
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by spartarcus: 3:13pm On Nov 01, 2010
“It is not true and the claim is unfounded. Let us wait for the conclusion of the exercise. The credentials and other documents presented by the two candidates would be used as ard stick by the committee I presume any way,” Onigbinde told MTNFootball.com
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by honeric01(m): 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2010
babytoun:

Check your stats before posting.  When was siasia appointed heartland coach?  and when did the 2009 season end? Siasia was appointed in July, now tell me when the league ended, for you to have attached heartland's poor league showing to siasia?

Has keshi coached our under 20 team before? if yes, could you educate us on the outcome?

hehehhehee, where on earth have you been? don't you know Siasia is currently the coach of heartland? you see what i am talking about, Nigerians are sentimental fans, they hardly support teams based on what the thing is, rather they support because others do too.

Go back and learn about Siasia and his coaching carrier, Heartland is the 1st senior team siasia is coaching and we have seen his "performance" with them so far, even if he was employed 2 days ago, didn't he know it was late before picking up the job? why pick up an unsuitable job if you know it's not worth it or there was no time? why pick up a job that's likely to dent your credentials? undecided undecided undecided

Keshi coached the U-20 yes, BUT HOW MANY YEARS AGO?
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by babytoun: 3:28pm On Nov 01, 2010
honeric01:

hehehhehee, where on earth have you been? don't you know Siasia is currently the coach of heartland? you see what i am talking about, Nigerians are sentimental fans, they hardly support teams based on what the thing is, rather they support because others do too.

Go back and learn about Siasia and his coaching carrier, Heartland is the 1st senior team siasia is coaching and we have seen his "performance" with them so far, even if he was employed 2 days ago, didn't he know it was late before picking up the job? why pick up an unsuitable job if you know it's not worth it or there was no time? why pick up a job that's likely to dent your credentials? undecided undecided undecided

hehehhehee see trouble o grin I asked you a question. Yes siasia is the coach of heartland , now when was he appointed and when did the 2009 league season start and finish. why did you attach heartland's poor league form to siasia? Hope you understand now?
Re: Who Is The Most Qualified Coach Between Stephen Keshi And Samson Siasia? by honeric01(m): 3:33pm On Nov 01, 2010
babytoun:

hehehhehee see trouble o grin I asked you a question. Yes siasia is the coach of heartland , now when was he appointed and when did the 2009 league season start and finish. why did you attach heartland's poor league form to siasia? Hope you understand now?

You are only quick to pick on just the league form, okay tell me, when he got appointed in July, how many league matches did he win?

When he took over, how many champions league matches did he win? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ivory Coast Vs Algeria: AFCON 2015 (3 - 1) ON 1st February 2015 / Maradona To Undergo Surgery For Blood Clot In Brain / Sunday Oliseh And Other Top Coaches Apply For Rwanda National Team Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.