Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Flesh In The Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Flesh In The Church. (611 Views)

The Certainty Of Complete Deliverance From The Flesh In Christ Jesus Crucified / The Sumerian Tables Account On The Flesh And Blood Gods Of The Bible. / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flesh In The Church. by ichuka(m): 8:40am On Sep 18, 2019
You must warn each other every day, while it is still “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God. (Hebrews 3:13 NLT)

We talk about our motives, and we say, "Our motive was right!" We talk about our conscientiousness, we talk about our intentions; but you and I do not know what lies behind what we call our good motives. There is a deceitfulness about this human heart that defies our greatest attempt at tracking it down, and we shall never do it.... Here is where the church has become such a confused thing, and such a tragedy; for the prevailing idea is that if you give yourself over to God He will take you up and use you: "Bring over your humanity and consecrate it to the Lord! Consecrate your old man to the Lord, and go out and serve the Lord, with a consecrated old man!" it is utterly contrary to the teaching of God’s Word. The result is that in the work of God all the world over you have people serving the Lord in the energy of the flesh, in the reasoning of the flesh, in the emotions of the flesh. Meet them, counter them, frustrate them, and you meet something evil; you meet with a fight, a division, a schism, a scattering, and wholesale resignations.

Do you see what a havoc the enemy can make in that which is called the church, because people with best intentions and purest motives have come to serve the Lord with all their own intelligence, their own strength, and their own emotion? They have not seen that God has closed the door to the old creation, and that God’s attitude is this: "The only thing that can satisfy Me, that can serve Me is My Son, and if you are going to come into My service, He has to be the energy of everything, the Life of everything, the Wisdom of everything!" He has to be the governing, ruling reality in everything. It is not to be a matter of your impulses, but of His urgings and leadings by the Holy Spirit; not your sitting down to reason out what it would be good to do for the Lord, what ought to be done, what needs to be done, but what He shows you, nothing more.... You and I must not bring over our old creation and give it to God, expecting God to use it. God begins with birth. The church of the firstborn is something quite new, and it comes out of a death. That death is the death of an old creation, and the resurrection is of something that is not the resuscitation of an old creation, but the resurrection of something wholly of God.

1 Like

Re: Flesh In The Church. by ichuka(m): 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2019
Gen6:3And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive[a] with man forever, for he is indeed !FLESH!!yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”
We must put our flesh to death.

1 Like

Re: Flesh In The Church. by ichuka(m): 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
Romans8:5Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

1 Like

Re: Flesh In The Church. by ichuka(m): 7:17pm On Sep 20, 2019
cool

1 Like

Re: Flesh In The Church. by ochibuogwu5: 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2019
This is the major issue with our present day or generation of Christians. The Holy Spirit lead me to this truth just this August, 2019. For the past 22-years of struggling with the flesh to become like Jesus Christ without knowing that "what is born of the flesh is flesh and what is born of the Spirit is Spirit"
(John 3:6)
Christianity is a LIFE not a doctrine.
Christianity is a PERSON (Christ Jesus Crucified) living through the mortal-bodies of those who willingly and sincerely believe in his gospel after checking the advantage (Eternal-Life) and disadvantage (death of the flesh) of becoming a genuine Disciple of Jesus Christ.
Christianity is not *a motivational psychology* or *utterances* but A LIFE!!!!
Great grace

1 Like

Re: Flesh In The Church. by ochibuogwu5: 5:31am On Sep 21, 2019
Flesh in the Church:
You must warn each other every day, while it is still “today,” so that none of you will be deceived by sin and hardened against God. (Hebrews 3:13 NLT)

We talk about our motives, and we say, "Our motive was right!" We talk about our conscientiousness, we talk about our intentions; but you and I do not know what lies behind what we call our good motives. There is a deceitfulness about this human heart that defies our greatest attempt at tracking it down, and we shall never do it.... Here is where the church has become such a confused thing, and such a tragedy; for the prevailing idea is that if you give yourself over to God He will take you up and use you: "Bring over your humanity and consecrate it to the Lord! Consecrate your old man to the Lord, and go out and serve the Lord, with a consecrated old man!" it is utterly contrary to the teaching of God’s Word. The result is that in the work of God all the world over you have people serving the Lord in the energy of the flesh, in the reasoning of the flesh, in the emotions of the flesh. Meet them, counter them, frustrate them, and you meet something evil; you meet with a fight, a division, a schism, a scattering, and wholesale resignations.

Do you see what a havoc the enemy can make in that which is called the church, because people with best intentions and purest motives have come to serve the Lord with all their own intelligence, their own strength, and their own emotion? They have not seen that God has closed the door to the old creation, and that God’s attitude is this: "The only thing that can satisfy Me, that can serve Me is My Son, and if you are going to come into My service, He has to be the energy of everything, the Life of everything, the Wisdom of everything!" He has to be the governing, ruling reality in everything. It is not to be a matter of your impulses, but of His urgings and leadings by the Holy Spirit; not your sitting down to reason out what it would be good to do for the Lord, what ought to be done, what needs to be done, but what He shows you, nothing more.... You and I must not bring over our old creation and give it to God, expecting God to use it. God begins with birth. The church of the firstborn is something quite new, and it comes out of a death. That death is the death of an old creation, and the resurrection is of something that is not the resuscitation of an old creation, but the resurrection of something wholly of God.
.......By Ichuka.......
Gen6:3 And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed !FLESH!!yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”
"Then the Lord said, “ *My Spirit will not put up with humans* for such a long time, *for they are only mortal flesh*. In the future, their normal lifespan will be no more than 120 years.”(Genesis 6:3 NLT)

We must submit our flesh(human-will not our skin) to Jesus Christ to be Crucified together with His own flesh on the cross of Calvary.

"Galatians 2:20 *I am crucified with Christ*: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh(mortal-body) I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."

"And *all those who belong to Christ Jesus (the Messiah)* have crucified the flesh (the godless human nature) with its passions and appetites and desires." (Gal.5:24)

"I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, *Unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies*, it remains [just one grain; it never becomes more but lives] by itself alone. *But if it dies, it produces many others and yields a rich harvest*. Anyone who loves his life loses it, but anyone who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal. [Whoever has no love for, no concern for, no regard for his life here on earth, but despises it, preserves his life forever and ever.]" (John 12:24-25)

"Jesus answered him, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that unless a person is born again (anew, from above), he cannot ever see (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the kingdom of God. “What do you mean?” exclaimed Nicodemus. “How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?” Jesus answered, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, unless a man is born of water and [even] the Spirit, he cannot [ever] enter the kingdom of God. *Humans can reproduce only human life*, but the *Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life*." (John 3:3-6)

And when Jesus was baptized, He went up at once out of the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he [John] saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on Him. and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, “This is My beloved Son, *in whom I am well-pleased... listen to Him*.” (Matthew 3:16-17, Matthew 17:5)

"For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For [the Spirit which] you have now received [is] not a spirit of slavery to put you once more in bondage to fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption [the Spirit producing sonship] in [the bliss of] which we cry, Abba (Father)! Father! For *his Spirit joins with our spirit* to affirm that *we are God’s children*." (Romans 8:14-16)

"And He said to all, If any person wills to come after Me, let him deny himself [disown himself, forget, lose sight of himself and his own interests, refuse and give up himself] and take up his cross daily and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying also]." (Luke 9:23 amp)

"Now huge crowds were going along with [Jesus], and He turned and said to them, If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his [own] father and mother [in the sense of indifference to or relative disregard for them in comparison with his attitude toward God] and [likewise] his wife and children and brothers and sisters—[yes] and even his own life also—he cannot be My disciple. Whoever does not persevere and carry his own cross and come after (follow) Me cannot be My disciple. For which of you, wishing to build a farm building, does not first sit down and calculate the cost [to see] whether he has sufficient means to finish it? Otherwise, when he has laid the foundation and is unable to complete [the building], all who see it will begin to mock and jeer at him, Saying, This man began to build and was not able (worth enough) to finish. Or what king, going out to engage in conflict with another king, will not first sit down and consider and take counsel whether he is able with ten thousand [men] to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? And if he cannot [do so], when the other king is still a great way off, he sends an envoy and asks the terms of peace. So then, any of you who does not forsake (renounce, surrender claim to, give up, say good-bye to) *all that he has cannot be My disciple*." (Luke 14:25-33 amp)

"Therefore, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has freed me from the law of sin and of death. For God has done what the Law could not do, [its power] being weakened by the flesh [the entire nature of man without the Holy Spirit]. Sending His own Son in the guise of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, [God] condemned sin in the flesh [subdued, overcame, deprived it of its power over all who accept that sacrifice], So that the righteous and just requirement of the Law might be fully met in us who live and move not in the ways of the flesh but in the ways of the Spirit [our lives governed not by the standards and according to the dictates of the flesh, but controlled by the Holy Spirit]. For those who are according to the flesh and are controlled by its unholy desires set their minds on and pursue those things which gratify the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit and are controlled by the desires of the Spirit set their minds on and seek those things which gratify the [Holy] Spirit. Now the mind of the flesh [which is sense and reason without the Holy Spirit] is death [death that comprises all the miseries arising from sin, both here and hereafter]. But the mind of the [Holy] Spirit is life and [soul] peace [both now and forever]. [That is] because the mind of the flesh [with its carnal thoughts and purposes] is hostile to God, for it does not submit itself to God’s Law; indeed it cannot. So then those who are living the life of the flesh [catering to the appetites and impulses of their carnal nature] cannot please or satisfy God, or be acceptable to Him. But you are not living the life of the flesh, you are living the life of the Spirit, if the [Holy] Spirit of God [really] dwells within you [directs and controls you]. But if anyone does not possess the [Holy] Spirit of Christ, he is none of His [he does not belong to Christ, is not truly a child of God]. And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die(biological death) because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God."
(Romans 8:1-10)

"Then *you will seek Me*, inquire for, and require Me *[as a vital necessity]* and find Me *when you search for Me with all your heart*" (Jeremiah 29:13)

"And he replied, You must love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself."
(Luke 10:27)

"I give you a new commandment: that you should love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too should love one another. By this shall all [men] know that you are My disciples, if you love one another [if you keep on showing love among yourselves]."
(John 13:34-35 amp)

"Inasmuch then as we have a great High Priest Who has [already] ascended and passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession [of faith in Him]. For we do not have a High Priest Who is unable to understand and sympathize and have a shared feeling with our weaknesses and infirmities and liability to the assaults of temptation, but One Who has been tempted in every respect as we are, yet without sinning. Let us then fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace (the throne of God’s unmerited favor to us sinners), that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find grace to help in good time for every need [appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when we need it]."
(Hebrews 4:14-16 amp)
Great Grace Brethren!!!

1 Like

Re: Flesh In The Church. by ichuka(m): 11:08am On Sep 21, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
This is the major issue with our present day or generation of Christians. The Holy Spirit lead me to this truth just this August, 2019. For the past 22-years of struggling with the flesh to become like Jesus Christ without knowing that "what is born of the flesh is flesh and what is born of the Spirit is Spirit"
(John 3:6)
Christianity is a LIFE not a doctrine.
Christianity is a PERSON (Christ Jesus Crucified) living through the mortal-bodies of those who willingly and sincerely believe in his gospel after checking the advantage (Eternal-Life) and disadvantage (death of the flesh) of becoming a genuine Disciple of Jesus Christ.
Christianity is not *a motivational psychology* or *utterances* but A LIFE!!!!
Great grace
Correct bro!!
Gen2:22-23 says That God took a rib from Adam and made the woman with it.God didn't mix Adams rib with the dust/sand or any other thing before He made the woman.Adam too didn't accept any other thing expect what came from him to be his wife.
So it's with the Last Adam,He will never accept any other thing accept what came out of Him to be His Church.
Rom5:14
Our flesh(our natural decent,our blood)can never be accepted in the church.
Before we became Christains we are talented,filled with wisdom and eloquent.
When we became Christains it's natural to use these great wisdom,talents and eloquent in the church.but Christ is saying NO! It's not part of Him and can never be His bride/Church.
Re: Flesh In The Church. by ichuka(m): 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
embarassed

Re: Flesh In The Church. by ichuka(m): 8:45am On Sep 22, 2019
wink

Re: Flesh In The Church. by ichuka(m): 8:35am On Sep 23, 2019
wink
Hey

Re: Flesh In The Church. by ichuka(m): 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2019
winkamen

Re: Flesh In The Church. by ichuka(m): 1:53am On Sep 26, 2019
winkamen

Re: Flesh In The Church. by ochibuogwu5: 10:59am On Sep 26, 2019
Great Grace!!!
Re: Flesh In The Church. by ichuka(m): 11:33pm On Sep 26, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
Great Grace!!!
Indeed!!
Re: Flesh In The Church. by ichuka(m): 7:25am On Sep 27, 2019
Hmmm

Re: Flesh In The Church. by ichuka(m): 7:56am On Feb 12, 2023
Amen

(1) (Reply)

My Encounter With A Hunch-back Witch Doctor At Mbaise / Reinhard Bonnke Last Message To The World (full Video) / We Need Factories The Size Of Ibadan NOT Churches- Daddyfreeze Replies Pastor A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.