Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,857 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Worse Experience With Nigeria Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Worse Experience With Nigeria Police (379 Views)

Check Out This Jail In Rwanda Where People Live Worse Than Animals! Video And Pi / My Experience With Nigeria Police Today. / Nigeria Police Says Everyone Is A Suspect. Do You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worse Experience With Nigeria Police by Olamsoh: 10:01am On Sep 18, 2019
Just had the worse experience with Police as I was traveling to Abuja by road. Apparently it’s a crime to use an iPhone and own an instagram account.

So I had a job interview on Monday and I had to leave portharcourt on Sunday,I really hate traveling by road by at this point I had no choice ,we started the journey and everything was going fine , I mean one dude even got us palm wine and we were laughing and drinking , everything was going well until we got to Enugu on your way to nusukka , the police stopped us there ( I remember they were a special anti crime cap) so they weren’t SARS, they searched us and couldn’t find anything before you know, one of them spotted my iPhone and called another of his colleagues, he said I should open the phone which I did, he saw I had more than one Instagram account and I explained that it was for my company , he didn’t even understand what he was looking for

There was no network so I couldn’t show him the content , he said I should follow him to his oga, mind you the passengers where still waiting for me and this is the first time I’ve been to Abuja by road . So I met with his boss nd I saw another guy with them, this one had his own car, and the same issue he was using an iPhone , I was still trying to explain to them , so one said okay let’s go to where there is Network I was like no let me work small, as we talking , the dude that they had his iPhone gave them 4K and they let him go , they said I have to follow them to their station where there would be Network and I’m like there’s Network ahead let’s just go there

The people in the bus were still pleading with them but they didn’t want to listen , I just kept asking them if my bus goes how will I get to Abuja cause I don’t know anyone there , while I was in the car with them, their boss even said if I was doing yahoo, I should I have settled them before I entered the car lol, my phone died and there was Network I kept saying let me charge it and show them since they there’s Network here( the had a car charger). They got angry and said they will take me to SARS mind you the bus driver was following them behind , I kept pleading with them , the finally stopped and the bus driver and all the passengers came out to beg them, the ended up giving the police 5k before

They let me go, worse trip I’ve ever been on, to make matters what everyone kept saying I should stop what I’m doing (yahoo) that’s it’s not good just because I’m using an iPhone
Re: Worse Experience With Nigeria Police by Elsanchez: 10:14am On Sep 18, 2019
Lol

Nigeria and stereotyping

Sorry about that O.P, its a jungle out here

1 Like

Re: Worse Experience With Nigeria Police by Olamsoh: 10:31am On Sep 18, 2019
Thank you.
Elsanchez:
Lol

Nigeria and stereotyping

Sorry about that O.P, its a jungle out here
Re: Worse Experience With Nigeria Police by meezynetwork(m): 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2019
Normal level na

1 Like

Re: Worse Experience With Nigeria Police by Jabioro: 12:52pm On Sep 18, 2019
...and you are unable to take any indentification ..like the service number,their vehicle number and tag figure..snap their faces...this shout won't make any difference..
Re: Worse Experience With Nigeria Police by Gracesofar(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2019
You have no evidence to prove this bro... Its baseless and can be a fiction.

Sorry about it though but you've got no evidence at all against them. They might even be impersonators
Re: Worse Experience With Nigeria Police by Olamsoh: 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
Jabioro:
...and you are unable to take any indentification ..like the service number,their vehicle number and tag figure..snap their faces...this shout won't make any difference..
A friend did this and he slept in the cell for 5 days.
Re: Worse Experience With Nigeria Police by Jabioro: 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2019
Olamsoh:
A friend did this and he slept in the cell for 5 days.
You crammed into your head.. immediately you left you write it down assuming you have the info as you put the experience here ,it goes viral with their indentification...the authority we know what to..as it's..it would be treated to the dustbin..

1 Like

Re: Worse Experience With Nigeria Police by capitalzero: 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2019
Olamsoh:
Just had the worse experience with Police as I was traveling to Abuja by road. Apparently it’s a crime to use an iPhone and own an instagram account.

So I had a job interview on Monday and I had to leave portharcourt on Sunday,I really hate traveling by road by at this point I had no choice ,we started the journey and everything was going fine , I mean one dude even got us palm wine and we were laughing and drinking , everything was going well until we got to Enugu on your way to nusukka , the police stopped us there ( I remember they were a special anti crime cap) so they weren’t SARS, they searched us and couldn’t find anything before you know, one of them spotted my iPhone and called another of his colleagues, he said I should open the phone which I did, he saw I had more than one Instagram account and I explained that it was for my company , he didn’t even understand what he was looking for

There was no network so I couldn’t show him the content , he said I should follow him to his oga, mind you the passengers where still waiting for me and this is the first time I’ve been to Abuja by road . So I met with his boss nd I saw another guy with them, this one had his own car, and the same issue he was using an iPhone , I was still trying to explain to them , so one said okay let’s go to where there is Network I was like no let me work small, as we talking , the dude that they had his iPhone gave them 4K and they let him go , they said I have to follow them to their station where there would be Network and I’m like there’s Network ahead let’s just go there

The people in the bus were still pleading with them but they didn’t want to listen , I just kept asking them if my bus goes how will I get to Abuja cause I don’t know anyone there , while I was in the car with them, their boss even said if I was doing yahoo, I should I have settled them before I entered the car lol, my phone died and there was Network I kept saying let me charge it and show them since they there’s Network here( the had a car charger). They got angry and said they will take me to SARS mind you the bus driver was following them behind , I kept pleading with them , the finally stopped and the bus driver and all the passengers came out to beg them, the ended up giving the police 5k before

They let me go, worse trip I’ve ever been on, to make matters what everyone kept saying I should stop what I’m doing (yahoo) that’s it’s not good just because I’m using an iPhone

If you are using i-phone in nigeria, please get a spy video or audio recorder to nail some of these criminals parading themselves as police officers.

1 Like

Re: Worse Experience With Nigeria Police by capitalzero: 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
Jabioro:
You crammed into your head.. immediately you left you write it down assuming you have the info as you put the experience here ,it goes viral with their indentification...the authority we know what to..as it's..it would be treated to the dustbin..

You are very correct,cram the name and service number . moment police stop me, I greet him by his service name. it is only sars that do not wear service tag so avoid them like pig.

3 Likes

Re: Worse Experience With Nigeria Police by Olamsoh: 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2019
Thanks.
capitalzero:

If you are using i-phone in nigeria, please get a spy video or audio recorder to nail some of these criminals parading themselves as police officers.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Narrates In Court How School Bus Driver Defiled Her 2-year-old Daughter / BEDC Staff Working Without Gloves, Was Rescued By Fast-thinking Residents . / SHOCKING: Police Rescue 9 Kano Children Kidnapped, Renamed And ‘Converted'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.