Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Fayose Replies Gov. Fayemi Over Claim That He Left N57 Billion Debt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Replies Gov. Fayemi Over Claim That He Left N57 Billion Debt (428 Views)

Watch List: Fayose Replies EFCC / I’m Still Governor Of Ekiti State, Fayose Replies Fayemi / Fayose Replies Yahaya Bello On Monopoly Of Stupidity Comment (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Fayose Replies Gov. Fayemi Over Claim That He Left N57 Billion Debt by CampusGistNaija(m): 10:57am On Sep 18, 2019
Former Governor of Ekiti State, Mr Ayodele Fayose, has replied Governor Kayode Fayemi over claims that he left about N57 billion unpaid debts as governor, Igbere TV reports.

Governor Fayemi had on Tuesday claimed that workers in the state civil service were being owed N57 billion as arrears of unpaid salaries and emoluments by his predecessor.

The governor said this at a meeting he had with the civil servants as well as a cross-section of labour leaders at Government House, Ado- Ekiti, the Ekiti state capital.

He said that his administration was making frantic efforts to defray the backlogs which he said would be done in phases.

The Governor claimed the trend was caused by irregular payments of salaries and pensions by the immediate past administration of Mr. Ayodele Fayose.

He said the arrears covered outstanding salaries, pensions, promotion arrears, leave bonuses and other emoluments from 2014 till October 2018 when he assumed office.

But reacting in a tweet sighted by Igbere TV on his verified Twitter handle, Mr Fayose called on Governor Fayemi to pay workers their salaries, saying he (Fayemi) was elected to do what he (Fayose) couldn't do as governor, after all.

“I read without surprise & as usual @kfayemi usual brandishing of figures owed Ekiti workers & retirees by my administration. Without joining issues with him, rather than public service announcement, I enjoin him to pay the workers. Moreso he was "voted" for to do what I couldn't do”, he wrote.

http://igberetvnews.com/980219/fayose-replies-fayemi-over-claim-that-he-left-n57-billion-debt/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Fayose Replies Gov. Fayemi Over Claim That He Left N57 Billion Debt by CampusGistNaija(m): 10:58am On Sep 18, 2019
Lalasticlala

Seun
Re: Fayose Replies Gov. Fayemi Over Claim That He Left N57 Billion Debt by myfan: 11:17am On Sep 18, 2019
Lol
Re: Fayose Replies Gov. Fayemi Over Claim That He Left N57 Billion Debt by spyglaxx: 11:25am On Sep 18, 2019
T a
Re: Fayose Replies Gov. Fayemi Over Claim That He Left N57 Billion Debt by Mynd44: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2019

(1)

The Future Of Nigeria Will Be Great, If Nigerians Are Ready – Joshua / "Nnamdi Kanu May Lead Biafra Delegation To UN General Assembly In New York" / ‘This Is A Lawless Country ’ Omoyele Sowore Says As His Being Dragged By DSS(Vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.