Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: (3766 Views)

Bad Parenting - Signs Of Bad Parents / Bad Parents Bring Up Bad Children / Do Rich People Make Bad Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: by TRUSTEDGUY: 10:21pm On Oct 30, 2010
, Because children learn from their parents.
Re: There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: by Mygoldie(f): 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2010
yea,sometimes its the parent's fault.
Re: There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: by MaiSuya(m): 11:06pm On Oct 30, 2010
Its not as black and white as u think.

I've seen otherwise good parents who do everythin possibe to ensure d child is well brought up, yet d child just seems programmed to become bad.

The evidence that its not d parents fault is that in most cases, d other siblings r ok.
Re: There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 30, 2010
Or bad parents who have no liver to correct and discpline their kids. Parents who think that paying N300k schoolfees for nusery 1 is an assurance that your child will turn out well, parents who buy blackberry and lace wig for 5 year olds because other parents are doing that. parents who cannot say No to some crazy demands their kids make
Re: There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: by Osama10(m): 11:56pm On Oct 30, 2010
Most children are often mischievous when young, but when they get more matured those characters change with time.

I bet the parents now were sometimes children too.
Re: There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: by TRUSTEDGUY: 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2010
Osama10:

Most children are often mischievous when young, but when they get more matured those characters change with time.

I bet the parents now were sometimes children too.

interesting.
Re: There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: by harakiri(m): 12:30pm On Nov 01, 2010
@Post

That's a bloody lie.Let me give you two examples i know of :

(1)There's a guy i knew during my secondary school days.This boy's parents did everything under the sun to give him the best life had to offer (good home,sound education and all that).When this boy gained admission into the higher institution, the so called "good boy" turned into something else.He started taking hard drugs (i'm talking about cocaine not weed).At some point, he had mental issues and had to be brought home to be rehabilitated.When he recovered, he became a nightmare to his parents in the house.He would harass his mother,grab her bag,take all her business money and tell her to get lost.He would lie down in front of his father's car and dare his father who wanted to leave the house to drive over him all because he needs money (which they know he wants to blow on more drugs,alcohol and women).At one point, he grabbed his father's car keys,started the engine and rammed the car on the fence.Now, tell me : HOW ON EARTH DID HE LEARN THESE WICKED ACTS FROM HIS PARENTS WHO ARE VERY RELIGIOUS AND DOCILE PEOPLE IN NATURE?

(2)The second example is about a girl i knew in university.This girl is from a religious family (her parents are one of the top G.O's in Nigeria. . .Lagos to be specific).They have their own church branches in Nigeria and the U.K. When jambites were busy scrambling for accommodation, this girl had a three bedroom flat (well furnished) all to herself.Her parents sent nothing less than £800 pounds to her every month.She had it all.Before the twinkle of an eye, this girl started rolling with the bad girls on campus.She became notorious in social circles.Her parents got wind of it and stopped sending her money.She being stubborn decided to follow her new found friends to "hustle".The last time i saw this girl, i couldn't bring myself to say hello.I am grateful she didn't see me.She looks skinny,old and half dead.No life in her body anymore.You would never believe she's from a good/wealthy home.One again i ask : HOW ON EARTH IS THIS HER PARENT'S FAULT?

You people need to use your heads like adults when posting on public forums.Think things through abeg.In between, i do agree that some parents spoil their children and inculcate bad habits into them but like someone said to me years ago : pikin wey go spoil, go spoil.E no mata wetin u do.

Nuff said!
Re: There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: by tpia5: 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2010
When jambites were busy scrambling for accommodation, this girl had a three bedroom flat (well furnished) all to herself.

Her parents sent nothing less than £800 pounds to her every month

Before the twinkle of an eye, this girl started rolling with the bad girls on campus.

knock on wood.

self explanatory.
Re: There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: by Outstrip(f): 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2010
It's usually bad parenting
Re: There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: by luap: 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2010
Fallacious, Either or thinking,

To many variables to surmise bad chirdren are from bad parents.
Re: There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: by iice(f): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2010
Not always the case.
The minds of some people are lipsrsealed
Re: There Are No Bad Children, Only Bad Parents: by Jellitah: 8:37pm On Feb 07, 2013
BAD PARENTS SHYTE OUT BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD SSSSHILDRENS PERIOD! LIKE FATHER LIKE SON!!! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Women, Why Do You Cheat On Your Husbands/boyfriends / 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye / Were You Ever Fed In This manner? See the Picture..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.