Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React (57895 Views)

CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits / First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes / CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by izzou(m): 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
pocohantas:

Onye ara

grin

Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by kikake: 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
izzou:
grin
While CBN is charging you 2% for deposits over 500k, FIRS is warming up to charge you for internet transactions

VAT is warming up to be 7.2%

Minimum wage still no enter 100$

Issokay grin

By 2023, all of us will be alllllllrrrriiiiggghhhhhttt

Haq Haq Haq

Tinubu shall cum in 2023.

By then, Nigeria would have been like Afghanistan or Somalia.
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by alphaNomega: 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Did u read the cbn circular?

There are about 6 states or thereabouts to be used as pilot survey for the first few months before it's adopted nationwide by March 2020.

If the implementation is not feasible as u most people want to claim then they can decide to shelve the plan.

This was how they started 7 years ago and it is still the same states! Swinging back and fort, maximum effort, work done ZERO angry
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by BabaIbo: 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Baba hospital get account wey u fit transfer to now.
Ur business partner sef get account wey u fit transfer to. The policy is expecting u to have cash less than 500k which obviously can take care of groceries, bus fare, uber, and some other day to day needs now.

The goal is to encourage u to use alternative channels for transactions na.

You're yarning dust, I doubt if you have performed any transaction involving large sum of money.
By the time you transfer the money out of your account and network flops or it didn't enter the recipient account, the goods that have been packed will be unpacked and sold to another customer in your presence, you will even need to lodge in a hotel because you need to complete the business you traveled to do.
I once bought goods from someone, I transfered the money to him but he didn't receive any alert. I waited for sometimes(cos it's not a close/nearby location where I can decide to go and come back later) before the man told me to go with the goods that there is no problem, he will receive it so far I have sent it (he did that base on recognition or trust), had it been he doesn't trust me, what do you think will be my mood
There is no way you won't need to do cash payment in some business deals
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by Cutehector(m): 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2019
pocohantas:

See them. Here to defend their employers.
lmao, I know say you follow for those wey get 1k for account ...
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by geloorrrrdd(m): 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:
But the policy says cash withdrawal and deposits amounting to 500k or more now

The policy is straight and simple.

What it is saying is that if u want to make a cash withdrawal of 500k then you should be ready to pay 15k as charges.

Also if you want to deposit 500k then u should be ready to add extra 10k on it as charges.

Now the question is why?

The answer is beacuse the government is trying to encourage a cashless economy.

So how do you avoid this penalty?

Simple! Don't withdraw cash in excess of 500k to pay anybody, rather collect their account number and transfer the cash to them. Also if someone wants to pay u 500k don't collect it since u know u can't keep it in the house but will take it to bank who will then charge u for the deposit. Instead, tell the person to use Ur POS or transfer to Ur account or they pay u tru USSD.

This way, the cashless policy will be implemented.

Why person go withdraw 500k cash for this present age? Who u wan use am pay wey no get account?

Except I'm missing something here o
This cannot apply to shop owners who receives payment for goods daily. Why would they have to pay for deposits above 500k? Clearly, the government does not have the citizens in mind.
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by Benda59: 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
Wakeup NIGERIANS this is a SCAM about to be run live on all Nigerians. Reject it with all you have before its implemented. Blood of Jesus, na CBN Efcc suppose go burst
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
Realcash224:
Just pay in 499,995 naira and request for #5 change from my #500,000 cash
this can only be done by some1 using 99% of his brain. kudos
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by zubby4567(m): 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:

What it is saying is that if u want to make a cash withdrawal of 500k then you should be ready to pay 15k as charges.

Also if you want to deposit 500k then u should be ready to add extra 10k on it as charges.

Now the question is why?

Simple! Don't withdraw cash in excess of 500k to pay anybody, rather collect their account number and transfer the cash to them. Also if someone wants to pay u 500k don't collect it since u know u can't keep it in the house but will take it to bank who will then charge u for the deposit. Instead, tell the person to use Ur POS or transfer to Ur account or they pay u tru USSD.

Why person go withdraw 500k cash for this present age? Who u wan use am pay wey no get account?

9 ...So u don't know about labourers that work in a site that needs daily pay
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by paddyofboss(m): 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Now the question is why?

When you wan pay workers for site when nor dey hear English. Shey u will only engage labourers that have account. If I hear say community boiz allow you build house in peace
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by tadetobi: 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2019
Naija politics be like game, NEXT LEVEL dey always hard
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by nextstep(m): 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2019
All these reactors, when did they last deposit 500k cash? I've never deposited that much cash, so I'm ok. grin

But CBN is not being reasonable: a business transaction can result in 10% tax (I'm calling it tax) for depositing money, transferring to somebody, then that person withdraws the cash. That same cash will be re-deposited and widthdrawn, and somebody pays this cost each time. Do that 10-20 times and banks/govt has collected 100% the value of that cash in tax.

Please where can sign up to be a bank so I can double my money just by having hardworking people move money?
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by richPHAROAH: 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Now the question is why?

when i wan spray , what happens when i want to pay someone and i dont want him to get my personal detils, what happend?
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2019
Pathetic

Check siggy
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by BlueRayDick: 3:57pm On Sep 18, 2019
BabaIbo:

You're yarning dust, I doubt if you have performed any transaction involving large sum of money.
By the time you transfer the money out of your account and network flops or it didn't enter the recipient account, the goods that have been packed will be unpacked and sold to another customer in your presence, you will even need to lodge in a hotel because you need to complete the business you traveled to do.
I once bought goods from someone, I transfered the money to him but he didn't receive any alert. I waited for sometimes(cos it's not a close/nearby location where I can decide to go and come back later) before the man told me to go with the goods that there is no problem, he will receive it so far I have sent it (he did that base on recognition or trust), had it been he doesn't trust me, what do you think will be my mood
There is no way you won't need to do cash payment in some business deals

ok
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by BlueRayDick: 3:58pm On Sep 18, 2019
paddyofboss:

When you wan pay workers for site when nor dey hear English. Shey u will only engage labourers that have account. If I hear say community boiz allow you build house in peace

Transfer to their oga account and have him settle his boys.
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by paddyofboss(m): 3:59pm On Sep 18, 2019
Pay your tithe una nor gree now when CBN done force una to collect 2% how e come be
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by mallamnari: 3:59pm On Sep 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Now the question is why?

Yes you are missing something, say you have 15 workers/Labourers at site and you want to pay them 50k each at the end of the day, those laborers don't have account , now tell me how do you do it?
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by BlueRayDick: 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
geloorrrrdd:
This cannot apply to shop owners who receives payment for goods daily. Why would they have to pay for deposits above 500k? Clearly, the government does not have the citizens in mind.

Once ur deposit reaches 450k send ur boys to deposit in the bank.
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by chukwuibuipob: 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Kennitrust:
Since the emergencies of Buhari (jubril) as the presidents of Nigeria, I have always have the feeling that I'm in a different country.

Gej make withdrawal from other banks free but to bubu.... No!

Gej... Try to even bring down the price of fuel but bubu has taken our mind away from yesterday when everyone was able smiles with the little they could do.

Buhari is a disaster!
grin
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by paddyofboss(m): 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Transfer to their oga account and have him settle his boys.
So he will be the one to bear the brunt. Assuming you are the oga
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by lovethchioma(f): 4:03pm On Sep 18, 2019
CBN planning to charge people for depositing or withdrawing monies upto 500,000 over the counter because they want to encourage cashless policy.

Meanwhile Mr. Fowler is already negotiating with banks on how everyone would have to pay Vat for every transactions done online; of course they already have legal backing.

You see, either way, we are stuck...
These people mean no good for her citizens, I guarantee you. Always looking for ways to make things difficult than it is already for people.

1 Like

Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by BlueRayDick: 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2019
paddyofboss:

So he will be the one to bear the brunt. Assuming you are the oga

See I can easily give u another convinient answer and u will keep spinning it on and on.

But the fact remains the government is saying u should have an account , use atm cards, do transfers etc. I've come across several unlettered people who have bank accounts, make use of atm cards etc. When I was in the north, I've been on atm queues with northerners who aren't lettered. I've even assisted some to use their atm.
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by Ugosample(m): 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
abkrgumel:
My opinion you can quote me with your open mind too

Dear Nigerians
You have have to know that this is only apply to a Customer who will go to a bank to deposit/withdraw Cash(Note/legal tender), if you're Transacting using mobile banking/internet banking /ussd banking / POS and other means that aren't Cashing to teller THIS IS NOT Apply to you .
If nigeria cashless policy work correctly it will improve digital innovation in financial transactions technology, reduce all those queue in ATM and banking halls and non repudiated financial transaction

do you know how many failed transactions through our e channels we have every month?
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by Godons1: 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
Built2last:
Okay na

Meanwhile happening in Aso Rock

Go to the Propaganda section, this place is not for your type.

Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
Trash,
Emefiele and his boss would be dishing out nonsense policy now and then..
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by chukwuibuipob: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
sad baba Ruga don Brutalized us finish with his anti pipu policy.Tueh!
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by olaniyilukman(m): 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2019
I can categorically says CBN authorities don't know the exact direction they are heading to. The embarrassment statement is that they designed the policy in order to encourage cashless policy, instead for them to put good stabilization policies in place that will help our economy...
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by chukwuibuipob: 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
sad is diz not the reason why the evil DSS pick up Sowore and lock him up
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by donaldde2: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2019
When you allow robbers to rule you.

U are not safe when you decided to keep ur money at home...

And govt will consciously and unconsciously rob you..

We are not safe o.

You will suffer to make your money, for so much fear to put it in ur house and you suffer more when u ty to keep it in the bank

because u will have to stay in the long queue to deposit for safety and same queue to get ur money, is that not suffering for the money you work for

Govt and robbers are same
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by JayPeeOham: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2019
Nigeria has now become a primary school where the school management can just wake up one morning and dish out one cantankerous policy to detriment of the pu[ils and expect them not to complain or revolt.....after all they are just children!!!!!! SMH cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dangote - My Refinery Is 8 Times The Size Of Victoria Island / FG Calls For Arrest Of Innocent Chukwuma, Innoson Motor Boss, Two Others / Photos From Folarin Alakija's White Wedding In England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.