Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,216 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React (57894 Views)

CBN Suspends Processing Fees On Large Cash Deposits / First Bank Accepts CBN New Board As Adeduntan Resumes / CBN New Policy On Cryptocurrency: What You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by freeman67: 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2019
flowx:
The policy is not new in anyway.
It has been like that since GEJ administration.

So I don't know the meaning of all this cemical reation.

This is not a truthful statement. Before today no amount deposited in any Nigerian Bank attract charges. What was said to attract charges earlier is withdraw more than N500,000 and N3, 000,000 for individuals and corporate accounts respectively and the charge was around 1%. Yes it may have been designed long before now but it has not taken effect until today.
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by lagdmark(m): 6:42pm On Sep 18, 2019
It's been long i heard sai baba even on Abooki forum. Buhari chop Nigeria without giving them 'Change'.
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by rotile247(m): 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2019
Doctorfitz:
Lols.withdraw 450k and come back for d balance

Una never see anything.. Next level...

Country weh fit vote buhari ,vote tacha.na country b that?

The charges is on the total cumulative deposits or withdrawal above the limit per day. If you witness the previous implementation of cashless policy that was stoped in 2016 you will understand
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by dabossman(m): 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2019
lovethchioma:
CBN planning to charge people for depositing or withdrawing monies upto 500,000 over the counter because they want to encourage cashless policy.

Meanwhile Mr. Fowler is already negotiating with banks on how everyone would have to pay Vat for every transactions done online; of course they already have legal backing.

You see, either way, we are stuck...
These people mean no good for her citizens, I guarantee you. Always looking for ways to make things difficult than it is already for people.

Legal backing from where? Has the Senate approved Fowler's proposal?
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by jwals: 6:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
It's simple now, deposit #250k in the morning and come back in the afternoon to deposit #250k balance simple
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by rotile247(m): 6:47pm On Sep 18, 2019
freeman67:

This is not a truthful statement. Before today no amount deposited in any Nigerian Bank attract charges. What was said to attract charges earlier is withdraw more than N500,000 and N3, 000,000 for individuals and corporate accounts respectively and the charge was around 1%. Yes it may have been designed long before now but it has not taken effect until today.

It was in effect before now introduced by Sanusi. Emiefele stoped it in 2016 only to reintroduced it now. Remember
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by rotile247(m): 6:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
jwals:
It's simple now, deposit #250k in the morning and come back in the afternoon to deposit #250k balance simple

The charge is on the Cumulative balance above 500k for individual and 3m for corporate.
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by Basher8583: 6:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
Kennitrust:
Since the emergencies of Buhari (jubril) as the presidents of Nigeria, I have always have the feeling that I'm in a different country.

Gej make withdrawal from other banks free but to bubu.... No!

Gej... Try to even bring down the price of fuel but bubu has taken our mind away from yesterday when everyone was able to smiles with the little they could do.

Buhari is a disaster!

You like gej so much you can relocate to Bayelsa.
What kind of business will make you do large amounts in cash? If not fraud...
So your ignorant ass cannot do online transfer
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by eeewise(m): 6:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
Let's be realistic how many of us carry physical cash of 500k walking around.
Its simple
Transactions should be online, via ussd, transfers pos unless we have to use cash

Deposits shd be via same route unless we forced to carry physical cash beyond our control

This helps fight corruption also

Encourages a digital economy
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
I rather use all I have on a quest of Biafra than try keep solidarity with Nigeria that am seeing but not functional

ONE NIGERIA MEANS ONLY ONE THING

KEEPING POLITICIANS AND THEIR FAMILY RICH

Politicians knew Nigeria is sinking they are all in for all they can grab before the ship sinks they don't care if they milk you all dry especially southern states

Its only a poor man that's still hoping on unbreakable Nigeria that will still work

HOW CAN SOMETHING BE DRAINING LIFE OUT OF YOU AND YOU'RE STILL HOPING FOR IT TO STOP SOMEDAY....Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by afroxyz: 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
NotNairalandi:
I don't know Nigerians and Chemical who react pass grin grin

my brother I swear. Most of the people here no even get 100k and na dem shout pass
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by afroxyz: 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2019
rotile247:

The charge is on the Cumulative balance above 500k for individual and 3m for corporate.

which cumulative balance again? did u even read it well?
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by sylve11: 7:19pm On Sep 18, 2019
too bad............ sad cool
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by Enice(m): 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
abuhari:
Very bad decision,
This government never calculate fact and figures before implementing their decision, possibly they forget our people from rural areas and much of those places no any bank and you most pay cash.

All is well
what are you paying for with 500k cash in a qural area? hope it is not hard drugs
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by blackboy(m): 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2019
VAT increase and now this. Next Level sweet
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by Howellz(m): 8:02pm On Sep 18, 2019
This kind thing no de affect us Nigerians.... We are to smart for this... They're are a lot of ways to cut Conners... Proudly Naija....
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by linearity: 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
This is a pretext to raise revenue to cover budget shortfalls.

If it were truly aim at reducing circulation of cash in the economy, the policy will encourage deposits. Why charge someone who want to deposit cash into the bank, who is in fact helping you to remove cash from circulation?

This policy will only encourage people to hold on to cash and avoid the bank as long as possible and when they do, they will deposit the money or withdraw them in piecemeal over an extended period of time to avoid the charges.
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by awuf2008: 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2019
It is deliberate act to cheat Nigerians and I wouldn't be surprised if this useless action is reversed after they must have made billions.
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by webngnews: 8:36pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hmmm
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by Charly68: 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2019
I told you that these banks are corporate fraudsters ...nothing good about them ,so many stupid hidden charges oo..yet they pay their staff nonsense wages ..APC change don hit banking system
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by onmyowncj: 9:10pm On Sep 18, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
We can only react on social media. No action. If you don't want to be charged,do cashless transactions. Must we always react negatively all times?
u don't understand it e transaction attracts 100 naira charge already (to other banks),if d cashless policy should work y not make it free to all banks,then this new policy would have make sense
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by onmyowncj: 9:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
eeewise:
Let's be realistic how many of us carry physical cash of 500k walking around.
Its simple
Transactions should be online, via ussd, transfers pos unless we have to use cash

Deposits shd be via same route unless we forced to carry physical cash beyond our control

This helps fight corruption also

Encourages a digital economy
u don't know what you are talking,come to Onitsha or Lagos or abs,most shops make sales worth 500k and more than evry single day
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by OlawaleBammie: 10:03pm On Sep 18, 2019
seunmohmoh:
It's a saving app.
pls tell me more, plsss
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by seunmohmoh(f): 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

pls tell me more, plsss
Just search it online. It's all there.
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by malele(m): 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
Doctorfitz:
Lols.withdraw 450k and come back for d balance

Una never see anything.. Next level...

Country weh fit vote buhari ,vote tacha.na country b that?

lolllll
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by AgentNairaland(f): 10:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
You Never See Anything, You Asked For NEXT LEVEL So Therefore Endure While It Last.. Our VP Is Now Moribund And Rendered Useless

Watch Out For Sen. Amosun 2023 As President, That's The Game Bubu Wanna Play
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 19, 2019
pocohantas:

See them. Here to defend their employers.

https://punchng.com/nigerias-domestic-revenue-among-worlds-lowest-bill-gates/

seeing as you are really passionate about this.

i actually thought as a bank/financial services person, you would be in agreement

1. Merchants going forward will pay stamp duty of N50 for every transaction (carried out in their shops on PoS or e-commerce website) with value of N1,000 or more. In addition to applicable taxes.

2. A 33.3% reduction (from 0.75% to 0.5%) in charges borne by Merchants that accepts use of cards (Visa, MastetCard, Verve etc.) at their shops/office or e-commerce websites.

1. Merchants going forward will pay stamp duty of N50 for every transaction (carried out in their shops on PoS or e-commerce website) with value of N1,000 or more. In addition to applicable taxes.

2. A 33.3% reduction (from 0.75% to 0.5%) in charges borne by Merchants that accepts use of cards (Visa, MastetCard, Verve etc.) at their shops/office or e-commerce websites.

some stuff from a conversation/chat

i personally prefer electronic transactions - there is a paper trail, and convenience. EKEDP now do electronic payment. no ore having to be at their office on Saturday to do dodgy cash transactions

Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by pocohantas(f): 9:40am On Sep 19, 2019
ornicus:

https://punchng.com/nigerias-domestic-revenue-among-worlds-lowest-bill-gates/

seeing as you are really passionate about this.

i actually thought as a bank/financial services person, you would be in agreement

some stuff from a conversation/chat

i personally prefer electronic transactions - there is a paper trail, and convenience. EKEDP now do electronic payment. no ore having to be at their office on Saturday to do dodgy cash transactions

That I have some interest in the sector shouldn't make me insensitive to the plight of Nigerians. Not like the steps are totally wrong, but we are not ripe for them.

I fit wan become Minister of Finance tomorrow. It should be on record that I have always been on the side of Nigerians. grin
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 19, 2019
pocohantas:

That I have some interest in the sector shouldn't make me insensitive to the plight of Nigerians. Not like the steps are totally wrong, but we are not ripe for them.

I fit wan become Minister of Finance tomorrow. It should be on record that I have always been on the side of Nigerians. grin

Poco 20 years from now

Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by golddeejay(m): 4:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
linearity:
This is a pretext to raise revenue to cover budget shortfalls.

If it were truly aim at reducing circulation of cash in the economy, the policy will encourage deposits. Why charge someone who want to deposit cash into the bank, who is in fact helping you to remove cash from circulation?

This policy will only encourage people to hold on to cash and avoid the bank as long as possible and when they do, they will deposit the money or withdraw them in piecemeal over an extended period of time to avoid the charges.
I think that is to discourage the "depositor" not to collect the cash (by hand) in the first place. So the payer and the receiver of the cash both bear the brunt.
Re: CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React by linearity: 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
flemsy15:
so for a withdrawal of 500K, I need to keep aside raw 15K to give Nigerian government that doesn't even care how I make my money after paying other Levie and tax in making d money

Not true though.

For a withdrawal of 500k, you will not be charged any fees, but e.g. for a withdrawal of 600k, you will be charged 3% of 100k; which is the amount in excess of 500k...meaning 3k will be charged as fees if you withdraw 600k.

To avoid the fees, come back the next day; since you would have hit your daily free withdrawal threshold or if you bank with multiple banks, make an online transfer to the other bank and go pick up the balance in cash there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dangote - My Refinery Is 8 Times The Size Of Victoria Island / FG Calls For Arrest Of Innocent Chukwuma, Innoson Motor Boss, Two Others / Photos From Folarin Alakija's White Wedding In England

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.