Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,339 members, 7,957,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:27 AM

Buhari Stripping Osibanjo Of His Roles Is Constitutional Even PEPT Said It. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Stripping Osibanjo Of His Roles Is Constitutional Even PEPT Said It. (848 Views)

Lagos Parking Levy Is Constitutional - LASG / PDP: House Caucus Call For Buhari's Impeachment Is Constitutional / 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Stripping Osibanjo Of His Roles Is Constitutional Even PEPT Said It. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
Taking a look at the judgement of the tribunal to the case of Osibanjo with no portfolio.

The president of Nigeria stripping the vice president office unclad of whatever duties remaining in his office are purely constitutional.

The office of vice president is just like an aide to the president who dictates to him what and what to do and who reserves the right to move such function away from his office to another incase of any act of incompetence or non adherence to due process.

The vice president headed the economic team during their first term and the president may have discovered the team is incompetent or not living up to expectations and the need to disband or sack the entire team. The adherence of due process may have been another reason.

But that not withstanding, at the judgement of the tribunal on the case of osibanjo joining suit the tribunal stated and I quote

" It argued that by section 133 and 137(2) of the Electoral Act, Prof. Osibanjo, was a co-winner of the presidential election and therefore an indispensable party whose right to the fair hearing would be adversely affected. INEC contended that failure to join Osibanjo as an interested party in the petition robbed the tribunal of its jurisdiction to entertain the petition. However, the tribunal, in the lead ruling that was delivered by its Chairman, Justice Mohammed Garba, dismissed INEC’s objection as lacking in merit. The tribunal held that Osibanjo was not a necessary party whose participation in the proceeding was indispensable.

Relying on section 187(1) of the 1999 Constitution, as amended, the tribunal stressed that like in Governorship election, President Buhari was the actual candidate and therefore the necessary party in the petition. It noted that both President Buhari who is Osibanjo’s principal and the All Progressives Congress, APC, were duly joined as the 2nd and 3rd Respondents, respectively. It described the office of the Vice President as an appendage, stressing that Osibanjo could only be regarded as an interested party but not a necessary party. "

https://www.nairaland.com/5410833/presidential-tribunal-throws-out-inecs

So in Buhari running his government, osibanjo is just an interested party let me put it this way, and not a necessary party.

The president reserves right to strip the vice-president of any duty and can assign any he deem fit to him to handle.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Stripping Osibanjo Of His Roles Is Constitutional Even PEPT Said It. by SLAP44: 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
Ok
Re: Buhari Stripping Osibanjo Of His Roles Is Constitutional Even PEPT Said It. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
SLAP44:
Ok

Always the first to arrive.
Re: Buhari Stripping Osibanjo Of His Roles Is Constitutional Even PEPT Said It. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Always the first to arrive.

Do you know I used to think you are intelligent?

Or should I rather still think you are intelligent but using it wrongly?

The judgement you are citing as premise for your dangerous conclusion, is referring to preelection and their roles as candidates.

But once the election is won, there are constitutionally enshrined role of the vice-president which the president cannot just choose to deny his vice because he is an appendage.

Again isn't it ridiculous that you guys now accept that the VP is a mere spare tyre? A reality you lots denied when PDP zoned SGF to the Southwest. We tried to tell you guys that SGF was even more executive than the VP but you wouldn't have it. Now you accept it because your Fulani lords have said it?

Las las, northerners will continue to entangle this country because they find useful idiots in the south.

If only the south can unite...
Re: Buhari Stripping Osibanjo Of His Roles Is Constitutional Even PEPT Said It. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 18, 2019
Awol1:

Do you know I used to think you are intelligent?

Or should I rather still think you are intelligent but using it wrongly?

The judgement you are citing as premise for your dangerous conclusion, is referring to preelection and their roles as candidates.

But once the election is won, there are constitutionally enshrined role of the vice-president which the president cannot just choose to deny his vice because he is an appendage.

Again isn't it ridiculous that you guys now accept that the VP is a mere spare tyre? A reality you lots denied when PDP zoned SGF to the Southwest. We tried to tell you guys that SGF was even more executive than the VP but you wouldn't have it. Now you accept it because your Fulani lords have said it?

Las las, northerners will continue to entangle this country because they find useful idiots in the south.

If only the south can unite...

Please no matter the role of the vice president it must always end in as to will be assigned to him by the president or in the absence of the president

So what exactly is your grudge here..?

I merely cited this to people thinking is all wrong for the vp to be left with nothing.

So judgement is the current judicial view of vice president and what it seems as the interpretation of his roles in the eye of the law..

What exactly is my offence here..
Re: Buhari Stripping Osibanjo Of His Roles Is Constitutional Even PEPT Said It. by Nnukwueze: 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2019
Osinbajo has always been incompetent. They should give the post to another person.
Re: Buhari Stripping Osibanjo Of His Roles Is Constitutional Even PEPT Said It. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Please no matter the role of the vice president it must always end in as to will be assigned to him by the president or in the absence of the president

So what exactly is your grudge here..?

I merely cited this to people thinking is all wrong for the vp to be left with nothing.

So judgement is the current judicial view of vice president and what it seems as the interpretation of his roles in the eye of the law..

What exactly is my offence here..

Your offence is that you are agreeing with a ruling that is inconsistent with the constitution.

A ruling that has placed affidavit above real certificate.

A ruling that should not be cited as Authority in any sane parlance.

I pray the Supreme court affirms the ruling of PEPT.

I will personally start a campaign for every dumble fool to go get an affidavit confirming he's educated.

I will make sure I help cause an aberration to the ruling.

And if any court dares refuse the affidavit, they should be sued and damages demanded.

Since we want to be mad in this country
Re: Buhari Stripping Osibanjo Of His Roles Is Constitutional Even PEPT Said It. by peeps4u: 7:38pm On Sep 18, 2019
Zombies doing anything to please buhari.

They first said Osinbajo being a prof and VP was a big asset but now that yemi is being cut to sizes, they are saying VP is just like a spare tyre just to please Buhari.

If Buhari likes, he can as well remove Osinbajo as VP, zombies will defend it and say it is constitutional and cite Tinubu who changed his deputy for few times as an example.

WE DON'T CARE.
Re: Buhari Stripping Osibanjo Of His Roles Is Constitutional Even PEPT Said It. by gwarotango: 8:01pm On Sep 18, 2019
Buhari is making a big mistake by weakening Osibanjo at this time in his second term. Osibanjo is an asset to this administration who should be encouraged and empowered to perform and deliver on the policy objectives of the government. Something tells me that Bola Tinubu is behind all this
Re: Buhari Stripping Osibanjo Of His Roles Is Constitutional Even PEPT Said It. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2019
gwarotango:
Buhari is making a big mistake by weakening Osibanjo at this time in his second term. Osibanjo is an asset to this administration who should be encouraged and empowered to perform and deliver on the policy objectives of the government. Something tells me that Bola Tinubu is behind all this

Buhari did nothing wrong in exercising his constitutional rights.

(1) (Reply)

IMF Says Nigerian Govt May Put Its Central Bank In Trouble / If 2nd Niger Bridge Was In Lagos, Would Tinubu Allow Anyone Demand Settlement? / Senate Will Be Very Happy To Confirm Magu If Buhari Re-Presents Him –Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.