Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,900 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

UCL: What Willian Said About Barkley’s Missed Penalty - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UCL: What Willian Said About Barkley’s Missed Penalty (593 Views)

Racism, Missed Penalty: Saka's Statement; Blasts Instagram, Facebook, Twitter / Abraham And Barkley Give Lampard's Chelsea A Win Over Barca / Ross Barkley : I Wished Nigeria Picked Me For The Worldcup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UCL: What Willian Said About Barkley’s Missed Penalty by viktohmoses(m): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2019
Frank Lampard’s Chelsea had the chance to make it at least a 1-1 draw but that hope was dashed out with Ross Barkley’s missed Penalty when the midfielder failed to convert the spot kick.

The England international skimmed his attempt off the top of the crossbar in the 87th minute of the Premier League side’s 1-0 home loss.

The blues boss later revealed Barkley to be the designated penalty taker but experienced winger Willian had hoped to be entrusted with the chance.

And when asked why he didn’t take it, Willian said;

“He was confident about taking it and I asked to take it too,”

“But he was confident. He ended up missing it. That could happen to me or any other player, like Jorginho who also takes the penalties.

“It is important he keeps his head up. When you win, you win together and when you lose, you lose together too.”

Barkley’s missed penalty and Rodrigo Moreno’s earlier goal for Valencia contributed to a difficult night for Chelsea, who lost Mason Mount to a leg injury.

The result left Lampard’s men with work to do ahead of next month’s trip to Ligue 1 side Lille, who were 3-0 losers to Ajax in Group H’s other game.

“We expected a positive result,” he said.

“We expected to start at home with a victory, but unfortunately we lost it. We have five games left to qualify. I think we have a chance, of course.

“We have to improve and we have to keep our heads up and keep working. We have everything in front of us.”

Source: https://yawanews.ng/ross-barkleys-missed-penalty-against-valencia-on-tuesday/

(1) (Reply)

Tammy Abraham Finally Makes International Decision To Play For England / Cech Saves 2 Penalties To Win His First Ice Hockey Match / Zidane Reveals ‘only Thing’ That Changed In Real Madrid Since Cristiano Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.