Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe (14474 Views)

Tiwa Savage Slept With Donjazzy, 2face & Dr Sid - Tee Billz Accuses Wife / Kevwe: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives / Photo:Glitz And Glamour As 20 Year Ikpuri Marisa Kevwe Crowned Face Of Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by AloyEmeka5: 3:45am On Oct 31, 2010
[size=14pt]
Fela slept with me more than his other 27 wives - Kevwe
[/size]
Source: CHUX OHAI and ADA ONYEMA
Nollywood At Large | 21 hours ago

On the wings of the 2010 Felabration that just ended in Lagos, one of Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's wives, Kevwe, speaks with CHUX OHAI and ADA ONYEMA about her life with the late Afrobeat musician. How did you meet Fela? I used to take food to an uncle of mine known as Gabriel Okpaku. He had a studio. I would take the food to him there. One day, when I got to the studio, he locked me in the dark room and walked away, leaving me in company with Fela, who was visiting him at the time. I had sex with Fela that day. Later, Fela said he wouldn't like me to live in the same house as his boys in the Mosalasi area. He took me to his first wife, Remi, who was Femi's mother. The first day I saw her, I was shocked because she was very light and her hair was as long as that of a white woman. Fela left me in her care and asked her to take care of me. I told her everything about myself and she said that if I should take her word and be like a daughter to her, there would not be any problem.

[img]http://img.modernghana.com/thumb.aspx?img=XGltYWdlc1xjb250ZW50XGZlbGFhbmRrZXZ3ZWFuaWt1bGFwb2t1dGkuanBnfDY2MHwxMC8zMS8yMDEw[/img]

Which year was this?

That was in 1972. He had just recorded the popular album, Shakara.

Did you eventually marry Fela officially?

Yes, I did. I was one of the 27 women Fela married in one day. His friend took us to his house first before we were taken to a high court for the wedding. The people at the court said we were underage and that Fela should be arrested for even thinking of luring us into marriage. Eventually, they threw us out and we went to his friend's office and from there to the late Dr. Beko Ransome-Kuti's residence. By that time, Fela's house had been burned down. So he rented a hotel where 12 herbalists were invited to conduct the wedding ceremony.

Which one of Fela's house was burnt? Was it the one in Mosalasi?

Yes.

Were you living with Fela then?

Yes.

Can you describe what happened?

I was an eyewitness. What happened was this: Femi was learning to drive a car. On his way back, the police arrested him for one reason or the other. The policemen who made the arrest argued with Fela's boys, who appeared to be drunk at the time. A fight ensued and one of the policemen fell to the ground. The others ran to nearby Abalti Army Barracks and reported the matter to some soldiers. Before the soldiers arrived, the boys had already gone into hiding inside Fela's compound. The police came in and told Fela that they wanted to arrest his boys. But Fela said he was not going to allow that and they threatened to bring in the army. By this time, Fela had fortified his residence, which was walled, with a live electric wire and anybody that touched the wire would be electrocuted to death. When this was going on, he told his mother that he wanted to activate the wire; but she said he should let the police go into the compound as long as they had a search warrant. Also, she said if they didn't come with one, he should be ready to wage a total war with them. Of course, it turned out that the policemen did not come with a search warrant and they came in company with many soldiers. All of them surrounded Fela's compound at once. He had no choice other than to turn on the electricity, thereby activating the wire on the fence. In the process, some soldiers were electrocuted. That was why their colleagues came back forcefully and threw fire into the generator that supplied the electricity and the generator burned out. Having destroyed the power generator, the soldiers were able to gain entry into Fela's home. When they got in, they shot five girls to death instantly. I still remember their names. They were Patience, Kemi, Kehinde and Taiwo, alongside two white men, who were standing at the front gate of the compound. I didn't remember anything else until I woke up to see myself in Abalti barracks.

Was it on the same day that Fela's mother was killed?

Yes, the soldiers killed his mother on that day. They came in with arms and were prepared to kill everybody in sight. Immediately they started shooting, I went to hide in the toilet. But they found me and beat the hell out of me. I saw them go upstairs to Fela's mother and carry her. At that point, I was in pains and half-conscious. But I knew they threw her downstairs. They were really determined to kill.

After you got married to Fela, what happened?

After the marriage ceremony, we went to Ghana for the honeymoon.

All the 27 wives?

Yes, all the 27 wives with Alex Conde, the one that married the late Chief Okotie Eboh's daughter. He took us to Ghana for the honeymoon and from there Fela brought other girls. The other wives were always jealous because Fela paid a lot of attention to me. Fela used to tell us to smoke marijuana or he would not accept us as his own people.
Were you smoking marijuana before you married him?

No. He introduced me to smoking. Whenever I refused to smoke, he would get angry and disgrace me in public.

What made you think that the other women were jealous?

http://www.modernghana.com/movie/9342/3/fela-slept-with-me-more-than-his-other-27-wives-ke.html
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by chyz1: 4:33am On Oct 31, 2010
O arent u the lucky one. Who cares?!!! LOL

1 Like

Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by Osama10(m): 5:12am On Oct 31, 2010
Ok we all know now, what next did he do to you more than all the other wives?
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by tpia5: 5:15am On Oct 31, 2010
i thought they said he married those wives to help them stay in the country.

ie as a form of defying the nigerian govt.
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by aieromon(m): 6:03am On Oct 31, 2010
Between 1982 and now, where have you been and what have you been doing?

Well, I have been in England.

Are you back to Nigeria?

I will say fully because I don't want to reveal more secret.

Did you come home when Fela died?

Yes, I was here for his burial. That day was very dark.

It's been more than a decade since Fela died, how do you keep body and soul together?

It's by God's grace.

Do have any plan to remarry?

I will remarry if I see somebody that will love me the way Fela did.

You haven't told us your age

I'm 50 years old.

At the time Fela died, there was this rumour that he died of complications arising from HIV/AIDS infection. What was your reaction when you heard it?

It was a lie.

When you heard it, were you not afraid?

I wasn't afraid because I had faith in what I believe in. If he died of AIDS, how come it did not affect me? Fela had slept with me more than anyone else in that house. I should be the first person to be infected with HIV/AIDS.

Really?

Yes.

Have you gone for HIV/AIDS test?

I did all the tests in England. There is nothing wrong with me. I'm healthy. I'm a nurse.

You were sleeping with Fela and his relative more than anyone else.SMH
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by googles: 9:24am On Oct 31, 2010
grin grin grin

this woman don craze finish. . . wat do we make of the irrelevant information undecided

all these pple just do/say anything to stay in the news.
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by Ladytemi(f): 9:49am On Oct 31, 2010
Who really cares that she was one of 28 wives and tried to pass off another man's child as Fela's.
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by Coolabbie: 11:40am On Oct 31, 2010
Dis woman cum here dey tell una of her life achievement instead make una congratulate am una con dey yab am. Abi una tink say e easy? Madam carry on nothin do u.
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by AloyEmeka5: 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2010
googles:

grin grin grin

this woman don craze finish. . . wat do we make of the irrelevant information  undecided

all these pple just do/say anything to stay in the news.
\

Consequences of the marijuana she smoked for donkey years. wink wink wink
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by googles: 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

\

the same one we 've been smoking tabi ? wink
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by AloyEmeka5: 2:30am On Nov 01, 2010
googles:

the same one we 've been smoking tabi ?  wink

Who is we?
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by Ijeleigbo(m): 3:34am On Nov 01, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Who is we?
grin he meant you and him!
Anywayz, ganja made fela great. Ganja gave him all the inspiration and energy to handle 27 women. Indeed, fela was the 20th century solomon.
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by googles: 8:02am On Nov 01, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Who is we?

You and I nah. . .oh you want to start denying shey ? undecided
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by kabukabu50(m): 11:01pm On Nov 01, 2010
Well of course he did, poor sucker forgot to use a rubber, pls I use rubber when nyanshing these heffas cool cool cool cool cool, who knows where they have been.

Dont hate the playa hate the game, beaches
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by Gamine(f): 11:03pm On Nov 01, 2010
Of Course they all knew that, how is this news??  undecided

Aloy+Emeka:

How did you meet Fela?
I used to take food to an uncle of mine known as Gabriel Okpaku. He had a studio. I would take the food to him there. One day, when I got to the studio, he locked me in the dark room and walked away, leaving me in company with Fela, who was visiting him at the time. I had sex with Fela that day. Later, Fela said he wouldn't like me to live in the same house as his boys in the Mosalasi area. He took me to his first wife, Remi, who was Femi's mother. The first day I saw her, I was shocked because she was very light and her hair was as long as that of a white woman. Fela left me in her care and asked her to take care of me. I told her everything about myself and she said that if I should take her word and be like a daughter to her, there would not be any problem.

She sang a different tune in the book, and her memory then was FRESH.
She carried her legs to his house.

Was it on the same day that Fela's mother was killed?

Yes, the soldiers killed his mother on that day. They came in with arms and were prepared to kill everybody in sight. Immediately they started shooting, I went to hide in the toilet. But they found me and beat the hell out of me. I saw them go upstairs to Fela's mother and carry her. At that point, I was in pains and half-conscious. But I knew they threw her downstairs. They were really determined to kill.

Either she is lying or Fela is.
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2010
Did Fela have no taste? undecided
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by aminalib(f): 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2010
ummm is this news that he slept with other women besides his WIVES, hmm kill me if u want, did he not die from AIDS? i dont care what any of u say
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by cap28: 11:48pm On Nov 01, 2010
I am in shock - soldiers rampaged through fela's house and shot innocent women dead in cold blood - what the f,

by the way this woman says she is 50 years old now and that she met fela in 1972 and had sex with him then, does it mean she was 12 years old when he slept with her?? isnt that statutory r.ape??
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by MissyB3(f): 12:24am On Nov 02, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Actually, I'd say, Fela had no taste . . . . . the women don't, either. grin
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by Pafuri(m): 1:11am On Nov 02, 2010
F-E-L-A, shior. I leave you with your hero.
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by mamagee3(f): 1:15am On Nov 02, 2010
^^What are you talking about? tongue
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by spearman(m): 1:40am On Nov 02, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I knew this girl in her pre-teen years. She was truly a beauty. Believe me truly truly beautiful bright and intelligent and from a good home too. Hard to believe looking at her now. I observed her over the years visiting the Shrine and you could literally see the steady deterioration. There came a time I would walk by her and not recognise her. Her life has been hard and brutal. I am not sure she is balanced mentally. This is a truly sad story.

1 Like

Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by AloyEmeka5: 1:46am On Nov 02, 2010
spearman:

I knew this girl in her pre-teen years. She was truly a beauty. Belive me truly truly beautiful bright and intelligent and from a good home too. Hard to believe looking at her now. I observed her over the years visiting the Shrine and you could literally see the steady deterioration. There came a time I would walk by her and not recognise her. Her life has been hard and brutal. I not sure she is balanced mentally. This is a truly sad story.

In all honesty, Fela did more harm to the world than good. He married 27 underaged  teenage girls in one day and taught them how to do drugs. He continued his madness by infecting a whole bunch of the so called wives and other mistresses and concubines with HIV.

1 Like

Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by sulad82i(m): 2:28am On Nov 02, 2010
How can a man with 28 wives be faithful anyway? undecided
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by shotster50(m): 3:02am On Nov 02, 2010
For someone who married 27 girls in a day, isnt that pretty obvious already!!!
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by mrlaconic: 3:07am On Nov 02, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

\

You can say that again!!! grin cheesy
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by spoilt(f): 3:40am On Nov 02, 2010
So he rented a hotel where 12 herbalists were invited to conduct the wedding ceremony.

Herbalists conduct weddings now? shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by EzeUche0(m): 3:44am On Nov 02, 2010
Fela banged anything that moved! shocked
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by AloyEmeka5: 3:48am On Nov 02, 2010
spoilt:

Herbalists conduct weddings now?  shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin

If priests can conduct weddings, why can't babalawos do the same?
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by AkinEgba: 3:50am On Nov 02, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

He was a typical Egba man like me. Na so we dey do. Check Obj now
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by Nobody: 3:51am On Nov 02, 2010
Akin-Egba:

He was a typical Egba man like me. Na so we dey do. Check Obj now
Igbo boy, stop being to ashamed to claim your tribe. It's a shame when a man cannot come out and say he's Igbo.
Re: Fela Slept With Me More Than His Other 27 Wives - Kevwe by becomrich4: 4:03am On Nov 02, 2010
Fela and obasanjo were always fighting. Fela claim obasanjo was the one who burn down his house, and killed his mother.

Whoooo  i would rather have 27 wives too. Even 1 million wives than be gay. Women are too beautiful to be gay.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girl Climb’s Stage Without Clothes For Fashion Parade Show [VIDEO] / Tuface Idibia Recuperating And Fine. [with Exclusive Pictures] / Long List Of Celebrities Kim Kardashian Has Slept With...including C. Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.