Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. (4401 Views)

Professor Yemi Osinbajo: Here It Ends (Tale From Treeland) / Stranded Men Meet Fulani Herdsman In Abuja. See What Happened. Photo / Nigerians Mock Governor Fayose, Remind Him Of What Happened In 2014. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by MetaPhysical: 2:49am On Sep 19, 2019
1. Obono Obla arrested some people on corruption charges.

One of them was Wale Tinubu - Oando Oil

2. Obono received instruction from Deputy Chief of Staff, VP Osinbajo office to hand the case over.

3. Obono refused, insisting instructions to him should come from Chief of Staff in President's Office.

4. AGF Malami got Obono's office sealed and he was locked out.

5. Obono thereafter complained and told President Buhari that both VP & Malami should be investigated for sabotaging works of SPIP., and by extension the anti-corruption crusade.

6. Powers in Presidency sought to cut Obono out.

7. Meanwhile, few weeks ago AGF Malami issued instruction that all contracts issued by any Ministry must come to him for approval.

8. Now, President Buhari has taken SPIP from VP and given to AGF Malami to oversee.

9. Further, contract approvals that are statutorily under VP will now also land at AGF Malami's desk for approval.

I'm surprised President Buhari has not issued the VP a similar instruction as he did to all Ministers to schedule with CoS Kyari before they can see him.

We await Asiwaju's counter-intrigue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by googi: 3:00am On Sep 19, 2019
Be careful now

Do not stake your reputation on anything that has to do with Tinubu

I will be surprised if Osinbajo does.

Sounds like the story about Quando Oil and shake up of their Directors sometime ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by MetaPhysical: 3:03am On Sep 19, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by fyneguy: 3:18am On Sep 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:
1. Obono Obla arrested some people on corruption charges.

One of them was Wale Tinubu - Oando Oil

2. Obono received instruction from Deputy Chief of Staff, VP Osinbajo office to hand the case over.

3. Obono refused, insisting instructions to him should come from Chief of Staff in President's Office.

4. AGF Malami got Obono's office sealed and he was locked out.

5. Obono thereafter complained and told President Buhari that both VP & Malami should be investigated for sabotaging works of SPIP., and by extension the anti-corruption crusade.

6. Powers in Presidency sought to cut Obono out.

7. Meanwhile, few weeks ago AGF Malami issued instruction that all contracts issued by any Ministry must come to him for approval.

8. Now, President Buhari has taken SPIP from VP and given to AGF Malami to oversee.

9. Further, contract approvals that are statutorily under VP will now also land at AGF Malami's desk for approval.

I'm surprised President Buhari has not issued the VP a similar instruction as he did to all Ministers to schedule with CoS Kyari before they can see him.

We await Asiwaju's counter-intrigue.

Another goat.

Yet, Buhari sacked Obono

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by CodeTemplar: 3:26am On Sep 19, 2019
It revolves around money still. Change is selfish.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by seunmsg(m): 4:15am On Sep 19, 2019
7,8 and 9 are not correct. PPA 2007 guides all contracts in the public service and it has no provision for what you stated in 7.

8. SPIP was completely disbanded. It is no longer in existence.

9. Agencies under the direct supervision of the VP cannot be taken away except the laws are amended. As regards awards of contracts, they all follow the PPA 2007 just like all other MDAS. There is absolutely no role for the AGF. Please read the press statement issued by Laolu Akande.

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by Uglyaddy: 4:48am On Sep 19, 2019
seunmsg:
7,8 and 9 are not correct. PPA 2007 guides all contracts in the public service and it has no provision for what you stated in 7.

9. Agencies under the direct supervision of the VP cannot be taken away except the laws are amended. As regards awards of contracts, they all follow the PPA 2007 just like all other MDAS. There is absolutely no role for the AGF. Please read the press statement issued by Laolu Akande.

STFU!!!
Osinbajo has been relagated to Tradermoni sharer and condolences messenger.
A whole Prof of Law treated like a mere commissioner he was called back then.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 19, 2019
It is obvious the cabal are now ready to take their pound of flesh from Osinbajo for his political mistake of sacking Daura in 2017. I said it then that if Buhari comes back for a 2nd term, that's when it will be known if Osinbajo had his support for that move. He should have left Daura alone for Buhari to deal with himself when he gets back then, and not seen that period then as an opportunity to cut the cabal to size for whatever embarrassment he might have suffered in their hands, moreso the guy is buhari's kinsman. I fully expect him to get the Atiku treatment as the days progresses.
As for tinubu's online urchins who have made the igbos easy targets for any political move made by the north, newsflash!! The Igbo is not ur stumbling block to 2023 presidency, the north is. I fully expect Buhari to start making moves to take over the party machinery as from 2021 just as OBJ did with PDP. This will start with the removal of Oshiomole. Anyone can bookmark dis. No politician will willingly hand over power to someone politically stronger than him which is why buhari supporting a tinubu presidency is a pipe dream. The most realistic choice is Fashola, but who knows what plans the cabal have for him. He fits the bill being a muslim, good appeal in the north and a very moderate political structure and charm. My fear for him though is the ambode smear might be used against him.
In all, it's obvious that if the SW really want that presidency, they might need a plan B which will push the north out of its comfort zone from where it sees the south as too weak and decimated to mount a resistance should it seek to hold on to power. Tinubu may need to think out of the box Awolowo could not after all.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by blujoi(m): 9:07am On Sep 19, 2019
Nicely done.....let’s watch what happens

Buckubuck:
It is obvious the cabal are now ready to take their pound of flesh from Osinbajo for his political mistake of sacking Daura in 2017. I said it then that if Buhari comes back for a 2nd term, that's when it will be known if Osinbajo had his support for that move. He should have left Daura alone for Buhari to deal with himself when he gets back then, and not seen that period then as an opportunity to cut the cabal to size for whatever embarrassment he might have suffered in their hands, moreso the guy is buhari's kinsman. I fully expect him to get the Atiku treatment as the days progresses.
As for tinubu's online urchins who have made the igbos easy targets for any political move made by the north, newsflash!! The Igbo is not ur stumbling block to 2023 presidency, the north is. I fully expect Buhari to start making moves to take over the party machinery as from 2021 just as OBJ did with PDP. This will start with the removal of Oshiomole. Anyone can bookmark dis. No politician will willingly hand over power to someone politically stronger than him which is why buhari supporting a tinubu presidency is a pipe dream. The most realistic choice is Fashola, but who knows what plans the cabal have for him. He fits the bill being a muslim, good appeal in the north and a very moderate political structure and charm. My fear for him though is the ambode smear might be used against him.
In all, it's obvious that if the SW really want that presidency, they might need a plan B which will push the north out of its comfort zone from where it sees the south as too weak and decimated to mount a resistance should it seek to hold on to power. Tinubu may need to think out of the box Awolowo could not after all.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by MetaPhysical: 12:14pm On Sep 19, 2019
seunmsg:

grin grin
Im a supporter of VP Osinbajo, I believe in him. I dont spit falsehood.

Words like "disbanded", "statutory" can be semantically stripped and called "reassigned", "supervised", respectively.

Malami has been ordered to oversee SPIP.

Akande did not say what Malami will do. He only spoke of what VP has been doing. In doing so he left gaps unfilled.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by MetaPhysical: 12:23pm On Sep 19, 2019
Buckubuck:

Take off your slave cap for a moment so you can have clarity.

When you say VP shouldnt have sacked Daura but Buhari can sack him you are lending voice to the myth that Northerners are "untouchable".

You are saying a Northerner can fire a Southerner under him, nothing will happend but if a Southerner fires a Northern subordinate there will be consequence.

Please retract your statement.

VP did the right thing by firing Daura. If a chance like that happens he should again repeat his action and fire the 1die0t. Who is Daura? You people too fear North and concede power to them without them evenn demanding a concession.

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by MetaPhysical: 12:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
VP is being hounded and its understandable. Nigeria does not practice democracy. What we have is ethnocracy. The ethnic in power has entitlements for the duration of its administration. Southerners are stuck in the idea that because on paper our political system is called democracy, its principles must also be practiced democratically. Thats mistake Obasanjo and Jonathan made. Northerners understand better that we are in ethnocracy and they practice it very well, with a tint of islamocracy.

Ive said many times when power rotates to North we must find Christian Northerners to support and give victory if we dont want islamization....and im a muslim! grin.

Fulani is in power. They want ruga. VP is against ruga, and he even shook it off when they attempted to hang it on his shoulder. It is their ethno-privilege to do in this administration what they want.

Yoruba, learn and do not begin to promote others ahead of you in name of practicing democracy.....when you get Presidency remember "ethnocracy".

14 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Take off your slave cap for a moment so you can have clarity.

When you say VP shouldnt have sacked Daura but Buhari can sack him you are lending voice to the myth that Northerners are "untouchable".

You are saying a Northerner can fire a Southerner under him, nothing will happend but if a Southerner fires a Northern subordinate there will be consequence.

Please retract your statement.

VP did the right thing by firing Daura. If a chance like that happens he should again repeat his action and fire the 1die0t. Who is Daura? You people too fear North and concede power to them without them evenn demanding a concession.

Relax man!! HBP is not good and you're getting closer to it.
Osinbajo was acting president not substantive. He held power because buhari was unavailable. In other words, he wasn't his own man, he had a master. One of the 48 laws of power is to not outshine the master.
It is a question of emotional intelligence not fear to understand that Daura is a favoured son of buhari. Touching him is akin to questioning the boss's judgement. You should understand dat but let me give you another analogy.
If your MD is on leave and you as his assistant is standing in for him. Assume now that his secretary misbehaves. Though you have the power to sack him, intelligence should tell you not to. Sacking him is akin to cutting your boss's hair in his absence. What you should do is report to your boss when he resumes.

It has nothing to do with fear, but rather emotional intelligence. Osinbajo sacking Daura was a political mistake since he was acting president and not substantive one. No issue of fear of north or slavery here. Hope you understand

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by MetaPhysical: 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2019
Buck,
Please, dont flavor the error. Retract your statement. Its not a good input.

Even as Acting President he had power to fire Daura.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by GreyLaw(m): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Buck,
Please, dont flavor the error. Retract your statement. Its not a good input.

Even as Acting President he had power to fire Daura.

That guy is right! The VP had and still has a master. There is nothing in the constitution that stops the VP as acting president then from sacking Daura, a personal appointee of the substantive president, but we all know how the world sees that. I don't think that issue was a matter of North Vs South thing. Even if Daura were Yoruba Buhari still wouldn't have taken it lightly.

Imagine Mr. Pence firing an FBI or CIA boss appointed by Trump in his absence. If I can remember, Buhari was ill when all this happened and speculations were rife about his whereabouts. Many thoughts would have run through the mind of a man like Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by GreyLaw(m): 5:46pm On Sep 19, 2019
Buckubuck:

Relax man!! HBP is not good and you're getting closer to it.
Osinbajo was acting president not substantive. He held power because buhari was unavailable. In other words, he wasn't his own man, he had a master. One of the 48 laws of power is to not outshine the master.
It is a question of emotional intelligence not fear to understand that Daura is a favoured son of buhari. Touching him is akin to questioning the boss's judgement. You should understand dat but let me give you another analogy.
If your MD is on leave and you as his assistant is standing in for him. Assume now that his secretary misbehaves. Though you have the power to sack him, intelligence should tell you not to. Sacking him is akin to cutting your boss's hair in his absence. What you should do is report to your boss when he resumes.

It has nothing to do with fear, but rather emotional intelligence. Osinbajo sacking Daura was a political mistake since he was acting president and not substantive one. No issue of fear of north or slavery here. Hope you understand

A thousand likes!
Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by GreyLaw(m): 5:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:
VP is being hounded and its understandable. Nigeria does not practice democracy. What we have is ethnocracy. The ethnic in power has entitlements for the duration of its administration. Southerners are stuck in the idea that because on paper our political system is called democracy, its principles must also be practiced democratically. Thats mistake Obasanjo and Jonathan made. Northerners understand better that we are in ethnocracy and they practice it very well, with a tint of islamocracy.

Ive said many times when power rotates to North we must find Christian Northerners to support and give victory if we dont want islamization....and im a muslim! grin.

Fulani is in power. They want ruga. VP is against ruga, and he even shook it off when they attempted to hang it on his shoulder. It is their ethno-privilege to do in this administration what they want.

Yoruba, learn and do not begin to promote others ahead of you in name of practicing democracy.....when you get Presidency remember "ethnocracy".

Is the bolded a joke? I don't think You write like one. Or, someone accused you of being a Muslim?
Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by Ritchiee: 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2019
Stop this fear for the NORTH for God's sake.
Osinbajo did the right thing at that very moment and he should do it over and over again.
You people are weak and you always show this in your words and actions. This is the fear that affected Jonathan.
Stop the fear, pls.You are not slaves.
GreyLaw:

That guy is right! The VP had and still has a master. There is nothing in the constitution that stops the VP as acting president then from sacking Daura, a personal appointee of the substantive president, but we all know how the world sees that. I don't think that issue was a matter of North Vs South thing. Even if Daura were Yoruba Buhari still wouldn't have taken it lightly.

Imagine Mr. Pence firing an FBI or CIA boss appointed by Trump in his absence. If I can remember, Buhari was ill when all this happened and speculations were rife about his whereabouts. Many thoughts would have run through the mind of a man like Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by NCBMEDIA: 6:35pm On Sep 19, 2019
LATEST : NNAMDI KANU SPEECH IN SWITZERLAND ABOUT BIAFRA FREEDOM

https://www.youtube.com/embed/U_vdJhIkOR8

1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by MetaPhysical: 6:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
GreyLaw:

Daura, without consulting the Acting Commander in Chief, unilaterally dispatched forces to lay siege on National Assembly, a tier of Government. Thats a fire-able offense! The Acting CiC had the legal and constitued authority (sorry Ajimobi!) to fire the errant Adviser!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by MetaPhysical: 6:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
GreyLaw:

Is the bolded a joke? I don't think You write like one. Or, someone accused you of being a Muslim?

How does a muslim write?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by chumasmog(m): 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2019
Political buhaha... Leave trash for lawma and face the crucial issues causing chaos..

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by LZAA: 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

How does a muslim write?

Hey...Onitsha bridge head tout spotted! grin

Cc:
Immhotep
Lzaa

Come grab your comrade...

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by mrvitalis(m): 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
Buckubuck:
Its not by grammar the simple way to prevent north from having power is tinubu backing igbo presidency ...unite the south then confront the north ...its simple

North would surely offer south east vice to retain power ....APC has to offer more

But hate for igbos wont let him

Any one even if its joe igbokwe

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by mrvitalis(m): 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2019
Ritchiee:
Stop this fear for the NORTH for God's sake.
Osinbajo did the right thing at that very moment and he should do it over and over again.
You people are weak and you always show this in your words and actions. This is the fear that affected Jonathan.
Stop the fear, pls.You are not slaves.
Not has the number their know yorubas wont stick to zonning by allowing igbos go for the presidency ....

North know igbos would back them over yorubas

Unless south west remove greed and back an igbo man north would have it easy ....

Its no big deal

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by ChristianNorth: 8:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

So you are a yoruba moslem? No wonder!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by ChristianNorth: 9:00pm On Sep 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Daura, without consulting the Acting Commander in Chief, unilaterally dispatched forces to lay siege on National Assembly, a tier of Government. Thats a fire-able offense! The Acting CiC had the legal and constitued authority (sorry Ajimobi!) to fire the errant Adviser!
There is nothing like acting CinC. An acting president cannot wield the power of the CinC unless that power is transfered to him even in the US.

Buhari only hands over as Head of Government not as Head of State and Commander-in-chief. That is the reason, he still uses state resources, presidential aides and others when he hands over.

In our democracy, the President is both head of government and head of state.

VP only acts as head of government.

Can the Queen of England, Emperor of Japan, President of Isreal hand over to someone in acting capacity?

No

The only time the power of the president and CinC is transferred is 12AM-12PM May 29 of every 4 years.

The senate president theoretically wields that power but in the US, this vacuum doesn't exist.

The president-elect even sworn-in cannot exercise his powers until 12AM, the exact time the current president's power elapses.

So be guided.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by hysteriabox(m): 9:23pm On Sep 19, 2019
Uglyaddy:

STFU!!!
Osinbajo has been relagated to Tradermoni sharer and condolences messenger.
A whole Prof of Law treated like a mere commissioner he was called back then.
grin grin grin
Funny dude
Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by Okoroawusa: 9:28pm On Sep 19, 2019
bla...bla....bla...

Stories n permutations that r neither here nor there...Na so una talk 2 years ago say Buhari n Tinubu dey quarrel
Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by starstaz(m): 9:32pm On Sep 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

I like the word ethnocracy in the Nigerian context. i will like to seek your permission to use the word in my upcoming mini treatise. over to u.
Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by abumeinben(m): 9:34pm On Sep 19, 2019
To me, osinbajo has been the most noticeable VP we've had.
Re: Osinbajo: Here Is What Happened. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
mrvitalis:

Its not by grammar the simple way to prevent north from having power is tinubu backing igbo presidency ...unite the south then confront the north ...its simple

North would surely offer south east vice to retain power ....APC has to offer more

But hate for igbos wont let him

Any one even if its joe igbokwe
Dat is understandable but, let's be realistic, who works for eight years only to hand over the rewards to someone else. There's no altruism in politics, it's all about personal interests.
The SE have everything to gain in 2023. If the north retains presidency, they can laugh at the SW. If they get it themselves, all the better. But politically speaking, it's a long shot for a SE presidency.
My take is the south needs to find a common ground to unite. Who will take the first step between the two major tribes is anyone's guess but two scenario will become possible if this happens.
Either the south produce a joint presidency or the nation breaks up due to the north holding the short end of the stick and thus seeing no reason for being a part of the union. In the end, the people of Nigeria benefit the most in both scenarios

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Visited The Four Major Candidates With His Team (Pics) / REVEALED: Results On INEC Portal Show Peter Obi, Not Tinubu, Won In Rivers / Oil Pipelines Dynamited in the Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.