Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,400 members, 7,954,581 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:37 PM

Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community (16647 Views)

Niger Coup: Buhari Expresses Shock, Urges Tinubu To Resolve Crisis / ASUU Strike: I'm Shocked Education Ministry, Union Didn't Resolve Crisis - Ngige / How Mdas Spent Over N1bn To Prepare 2020 Budget — TribuneOnline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by jarawa: 6:13am On Sep 19, 2019
jarawa:
Traditional chiefs and leaders of Itele community in Ado Odo/Ota Local Government of Ogun State, yesterday resolved to end the town’s protracted internecine crisis following the intervention of former President, Olusegun Obasanjo. At a peace meeting held at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL) in Abeokuta, six newly installed Baales (traditional heads) in Itele as part of the peaceful resolution were presented to the former President.

A younger brother to Obasanjo, Chief Abraham Idowu Akanle, who represented him, told the new Baales, community leaders and some of the town’s indigenes at the meeting that Obasanjo had expended over N1 billion on the peaceful resolution of the crisis. According to Akanle, beside the huge amount of money the crisis had claimed, it had equally affected the socio-economic development of the community.

“Imagine if the huge amount of money my brother spent on resolving this crisis had been distributed among your town’s residents and indigenes, it would have brought greater development to the community. “So, I urge you to continue to maintain peace. And whoever says Itele will return to crisis, his home will not know peace,” Akanle said. He warned that anybody who foments trouble after the peaceful resolution would face the wrath of the law.

Earlier, Obasanjo, who briefly appeared at the meeting, told the community leaders that he was on his way outside the state for an urgent engagement. He said, “From today, no more litigation. We must move forward as brothers and sisters at Itele.”

A community leader and Osunba of Itele, Chief Samuel Olatunji Asorobi, disclosed that over N500 million had been spent on various litigations on the crisis. According to Asorobi, the crisis had over the years plunged the community into deplorable infrastructure, poor education and bad economy.

He applauded Obasanjo for taking the lead role in resolving the crisis, while urging those who still felt aggrieved to embrace peace in the interest of the community and its development.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/obasanjo-expends-n1bn-to-resolve-crisis-in-ogun-community.html

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by presleYzzi(m): 6:15am On Sep 19, 2019
cool

Don't you just love OBJ?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by kokozain(m): 6:24am On Sep 19, 2019
Owo Abu ni afi nse Abu lalejo

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by LibertyRep: 6:26am On Sep 19, 2019
Say what? How was the money expended?
If I hear say OBJ spend 1 billion of his personal money to resolve anything.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by iornenge81(m): 7:04am On Sep 19, 2019
Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 19, 2019
1 billion of our money that he looted right?

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:08am On Sep 19, 2019
A younger brother to Obasanjo, Chief Abraham Idowu Akanle, who represented him, told the new Baales, community leaders and some of the town’s indigenes at the meeting that Obasanjo had expended over N1 billion on the peaceful resolution of the crisis.
Baba OBJ gave out ONE BILLION NAIRA to some Ogun State communities?!

If we hear! cheesy grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 19, 2019
This man's fraudulent money is longer than that of Tinubu, Bubu and Dasoki combined.
Obsanjo remains the biggest criminal Yorubas have brought to the table.
Anini and sina Rambo the learn work for this man hand

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:09am On Sep 19, 2019
BlackAfrican:
We wonder who are the people he gave 1 BILLION NAIRA to!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by espeeroke: 7:10am On Sep 19, 2019
OBJ is a correct statesman. The height the current monumental failure Buhari can never attain for his parochialism. God bless OBJ.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by bankyblue(m): 7:10am On Sep 19, 2019
Even when not in power, he still dose great things. Bring peace to trouble area.

Why some baba way they power they divide the country with his actions and inactions .

God pls give this country a leader like Governor Seyi Making. GSM.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by millionboi2: 7:10am On Sep 19, 2019
Our money

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by willi926(m): 7:10am On Sep 19, 2019
This man money long reach Pluto. Billions of miles away

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by bikerboy1(m): 7:11am On Sep 19, 2019
BlackAfrican:
grin

Exactly!!!!

Na the national cake, he should share it quietly cool

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by Sirpaul(m): 7:12am On Sep 19, 2019
still our money... no thank you for that...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by MoIbrahim: 7:12am On Sep 19, 2019
Our money...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by Royalfurnitures: 7:14am On Sep 19, 2019
Where did the money come from??

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 19, 2019
N1bn! I believe his farm and pension can cough up that amount. hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by jojomario(m): 7:18am On Sep 19, 2019
Obasanjo can never use his money to resolve issues. He was there as president and never did anything to better the lives of the people except for personal use. Ogun state never enjoyed OBJ as president.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by oz4real83(m): 7:20am On Sep 19, 2019
According to the man, sharing the one billion naira to the indigenes of the community would have brought a lot of development . How? It won't surprise me if there are no good roads, schools, health centres or even a police station in the community. Nobody mentioned that but as long as the money was shared, everybody is okay. Also imagine spending over N500,000,000 on litigation for a community that lacks all I listed above, not for the eventual winner to bring development to the community, but for the sole purpose of having power. We need re-colonisation again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by kareemkamil(m): 7:20am On Sep 19, 2019
Hmm, Obasanjo part of Nigerian problem, my prayers everyday by day, those threw Nigerian into big mess like this, because of there greedynees, will never sleep well in the rest of there life. And those that have died, will never RIP. Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by Olanipekun1: 7:22am On Sep 19, 2019
[s]
post=82364182:
Atleast let BABA give back some of it o.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by yomalex(m): 7:24am On Sep 19, 2019
Chai
Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by efighter: 7:25am On Sep 19, 2019
espeeroke:
OBJ is a correct statesman. The height the current monumental failure Buhari can never attain for his parochialism. God bless OBJ.

We are talking about Obasanjo but you still brought Buhari into it, definitely you are full of hatred and bitterness, that is why you are depressed and suicidal.

Now, tell me, how did Obasanjo get the one billion naira that he used for father Christmas? Oh! I know, it should be from the $16 billion looted Power money.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by lyriclekidd(m): 7:26am On Sep 19, 2019
1bn for? I'm not understanding

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by phemmyutd(m): 7:26am On Sep 19, 2019
I bet you, had it been Abacha was still alive, nobody would know he stole that much, only death exposed him.
I can categorically tell you that Obasnjo stole more than Abacha.

Niger state governor said he spent 400m to settle communal clash in Niger state and we were all shouting, here is Obasanjo spending Billion on same issue.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by Olanipekun1: 7:27am On Sep 19, 2019
[s]
post=82364177:
Okay
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by phemmyutd(m): 7:27am On Sep 19, 2019
efighter:

We are talking about Obasanjo but you still brought Buhari into it, definitely you are depressed and suicidal. Now, tell me, how did Obasanjo get the one billion naira that he used for father Christmas?
Depressed is understatement. Na Buhari matter go kill him

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by efighter: 7:29am On Sep 19, 2019
phemmyutd:

Depressed is understatement. Na Buhari matter go kill him

Sniper Humanicide can help him.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Expends N1bn To Resolve Crisis In Ogun Community by Godson32(m): 7:29am On Sep 19, 2019
Where is Obasanjo blother, i just want to see his face.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oni, Olusola, Olujimi, Others Reject Outcome Of Ekiti PDP Congress / Yahaya Bello Led Kogi Government Approves Establishment Of Second University / Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.