Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone (21405 Views)

UNIPORT Completes Central Mosuque, Opens It For General Public / Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Gifts Ex-Sex Worker N1M In OPM (Photos) / Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Opens 11 Free Schools, Blasts Some Pastors (2) (3) (4)

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by VillageHead: 11:57am On Sep 19, 2019
True Christianity.

God bless OPM

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by SamOyovwi: 11:58am On Sep 19, 2019
Good one. Also check out Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Foundation. The foundation na bomb
Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by TONYE001(m): 11:59am On Sep 19, 2019
sexiestharam:

Kindly explain how Covenant University education is subsidised.

It is truly subsidized. To understand better, check up similar schools elsewhere and compare. Truth is, it is not possible to run a school like Covenant free of charge. Such a project cannot be sustained.

Education is expensive. Free education is very expensive.

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by anonimi: 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2019
ForeThinker:
Awesome

Better than building severally church in just one street ...

................and laying hands on thieves in politics, private sector and civil service without them doing restitution first. undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6249257_pastor_jpeg2e4e8592b29c783dcc87f79282640639

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by fredpeter(m): 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Good one,

but i prefer standardized paid and subsidized education like Covenant University or robust schorlarship scheme for deserving serious students only

Free Education is what untimately destroyed Nigerian education system

I thought u had sense..I didn't know it was akamu that was turned with rubber spoon

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by nabiz(m): 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:

If you check tuition fees of colleges across the world ranked close to Covenant especially in southafrica and India then you would understand Covenants 1million tuition ($3000) is still subsidised with winners church tithe payers money.. even with the infrastructure on ground tuition fees cant recoup such investment
hmmmm tell me something lol
Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by anonimi: 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
TONYE001:
It is truly subsidized. To understand better, check up similar schools elsewhere and compare. Truth is, it is not possible to run a school like Covenant free of charge. Such a project cannot be sustained.

Elsewhere in Nigeria?
The school can be expensive all he wants but should have scholarships for bright students without enough money.

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by anonimi: 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:
If you check tuition fees of colleges across the world ranked close to Covenant especially in southafrica and India then you would understand Covenants 1million tuition ($3000) is still subsidised with winners church tithe payers money.. even with the infrastructure on ground tuition fees cant recoup such investment

What is the minimum wage, GDP per capita etc of India and South Africa

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by Marotzke(m): 12:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:

You said recoup?
Is he selling pepper or beans ? You buy ,you sell , you make profit and get back your start up capital for a university in a single life time?
This mercantile approach to church business is what you want to take to university education?
What will be the role of Alumni? Foundations and bequests to a university ?
He is probably setting the university up for failure if he does not plan for centuries.
Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by daddytime(m): 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2019
TONYE001:

Says who??

It is possible to run a school like Covenant for free of charge so long as the church arm from where the funds to set it up emanated is still up and going strong.

The project can be conveniently sustained from tithes, offerings and donations.

We should be comparing the minimum wage viz a vis the cost of living also of the countries where schools ranked closer to Covenant is situated.

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2019
heard one of the female serial killer was reformed by that church, wonder what reformed means in opm, may be na assignment dem give am.
Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2019
TONYE001:

The bolded is what makes Apostle Chibuzor special when you consider he is also housing lots free, providing free medicare, carrying industrial training all free. He is amazing and unbelievable.

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2019
TONYE001:

Yeah right , liars like you make lucifer a saint.

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by Angelfrost(m): 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
"....Schools built from tithes and offerings gotten from the poor, should be used to educate the poor..."

The table these people are shaking is already overladen with major stakeholders in Christendom, especially in Naija!!!... I just dey laugh!!! grin

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by solmusdesigns: 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
anonimi:

How does minimum wage or GDP influence quality of "Private" education and its pricing?

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2019
quentin06:
heard one of the female serial killer was reformed by that church, wonder what reformed means in opm, may be na assignment dem give am.

You can try to rehabilitate people. It is not guaranteed all will change from their old ways. OPM is helping thousands of people. Few bad eggs who do not change their ways does not change the impact of the thousands transformed and changed.

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by Angelfrost(m): 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Good one,

but i prefer standardized paid and subsidized education like Covenant University or robust schorlarship scheme for deserving serious students only

Subsidized education and Covenant University in the same sentence....

You are either ignorant of the meaning of "subsidized", or deliberately indulging in hypocrisy... Or a poor attempt at sarcasm... Either way, don't make light of this thread, I beg you. undecided

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by anonimi: 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:
How does minimum wage or GDP influence quality of "Private" education and its pricing?

Have you heard of the word operating environment before?

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by Angelfrost(m): 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2019
anonimi:

You are posing an intelligent question to someone of questionable intellect.

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by maasoap(m): 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Good one,

Corruption ultimately destroyed every sector in Nigeria, free education destroyed nothing.

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by solmusdesigns: 12:21pm On Sep 19, 2019
Angelfrost:

Subsidized education and Covenant University in the same sentence....

You are either ignorant of the meaning of "subsidized", or deliberately indulging in hypocrisy... Or a poor attempt at sarcasm... Either way, don't make light of this thread, I beg you. undecided

$3000 (1 million) a year with accomodation and prolly feeding tuition fee for a university ranked at Covenant level, with similar infrastructure is definately subsidized.. if you are argueing google schools with similar ranking in egypt, uae, south africa and india check their average tuition
Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by renewable1(m): 12:23pm On Sep 19, 2019
This is really inspiring, other churches should follow suit.

Get our 1kva complete solar power system today for just 140k. 6hours back up time...

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by solmusdesigns: 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2019
anonimi:

Have you heard of the word operating environment before?

If you werent ignorant and conduct a Swot analysis of Covenant Business model, common sense would dictate external factors is bound to drive prices high in a country like nigeria where we run on diesel and all research materials are imported
Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by Angelfrost(m): 12:26pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:

$3000 (1 million) a year with accomodation and prolly feeding tuition fee for a university ranked at Covenant level, with similar infrastructure is definately subsidized.. if you are argueing google schools with similar ranking in egypt, uae, south africa and india check their average tuition

Sir, what is the standard of living or earning potential of the demography of those nations you are mentioning referenced to Nigeria's??!...

Let me break it down for you... If the aim of Covenant is subsidized tertiary education for the average citizen of Nigeria (like the nations you mentioned), how many Nigerians (even members of the church) are economically well disposed to such "subsidized" fees??!... Or is the church building "charitable" schools strictly for the extremely few wealthy??!...

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by Goalnaldo(m): 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2019
Iam liking this new nairaland smiley. Seems xenophobia issue United Nigerians. No tribal bashing so far in this thread.

This is what Christianity should be all about.
May his pocket never run dry.

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by AmazingELixir: 12:28pm On Sep 19, 2019
jeesprecy:
Nice
Make I go enroll my pikins.

Wow!...sweetheart you don born...and I'm here cracking my head on how best to propose to you..
Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by TONYE001(m): 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2019
quentin06:

Yeah right , liars like you make lucifer a saint.

I was hoping we could have a healthy discuss.

Take it easy, please.
Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by solmusdesigns: 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2019
Angelfrost:

Sir, what is the standard of living or earning potential of the demography of those nations you are mentioning referenced to Nigeria's??!...

Let me break it down for you... If the aim of Covenant is subsidized tertiary education for the average citizen of Nigeria (like the nations you mentioned), how many Nigerians (even members of the church) are economically well disposed to such "subsidized" fees??!... Or is the church building "charitable" schools strictly for the extremely few wealthy??!...

General misconception is that University Education is for all classes of people, however every developed country only consider Universities for people who can use the knowledge to payback student loan, or get schorlarship and work for government, monotechnics, polytechnics and colleges are generally for all class
Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by TONYE001(m): 12:32pm On Sep 19, 2019
anonimi:

Elsewhere in Nigeria?
The school can be expensive all he wants but should have scholarships for bright students without enough money.

Meant outside Nigeria. It would interest you to know that the school has scholarship programs that are advertised yearly (I think). At least I've seen some of such adverts.

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by yeman1(m): 12:33pm On Sep 19, 2019
I wish many great Pastor can emulate this character in Nigeria
Nigeria would have been a better place

Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2019
AmazingELixir:

Wow!...sweetheart you don born...and I'm here cracking my head on how best to propose to you..
Lol I.Neva born
Na joke o
Re: VIDEO: OPM Opens It's 13th Free Schools In Port Harcourt - Free To Everyone by AmazingELixir: 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2019
jeesprecy:

Lol I.Neva born
Na joke o

cool cool

Yipee!..I just might finally get me a wife that will bear me beautiful children like Linda's..

Who Is Your Best Nigerian Gospel Musician and Why? / Chris-Okotie Clears Air On Alleged Jezebel-sermon Against Stephanie Henshaw / What Does The Devil Look Like?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54