Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

What Does The Devil Look Like? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Devil Look Like? (21387 Views)

Why Has Jesus Christ Always Been Made To Look Like A White Man? / Why Do People Blame The Devil Or Others For Their Errors? / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Devil Look Like? by Jokanem(m): 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2023
What Does the Devil Look Like?

The Devil is an invisible spirit person, which means that he does not have a physical appearance.—Ephesians 6:11, 12.

How does the Bible describe the Devil?

The Bible uses a number of analogies regarding the Devil. These help us to understand, not his appearance, but his personality. Some of these analogies include:

An angel of light. He pretends to offer something good to try to get people to follow his teachings rather than those of God.—2 Corinthians 11:14.

A roaring lion. He fiercely attacks God’s worshippers.—1 Peter 5:8.

A great dragon. He is frightful, powerful, and destructive.—Revelation 12:9.

Bible verses about the Devil
2 Corinthians 11:14: “Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light.”

Meaning: Satan pretends to be good in order to fool people into following his teachings rather than those of God.

Ephesians 6:11: “Put on the complete suit of armor from God so that you may be able to stand firm against the crafty acts of the Devil.”

Meaning: The Devil schemes to get people to disobey God.

James 4:7: “Subject yourselves to God; but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you.”

Meaning: A person can defeat Satan by obeying God rather than the Devil.

1 Peter 5:8: “Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.”

Meaning: The Devil hates those who obey God and wants to destroy their friendship with Him.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by richmanrichard: 3:48pm On Mar 03, 2023
He looks like a white, handsome man.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Exmilitant(m): 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2023
Always try to understand the etymology of a word before you use them.

the word Satan is an arabic word, 'shaitan' meaning the, one who decieves.

the words, evil, devil, satan are coinations by those who copied and translated the bible.

yes, there are roaming spirits being with ulterior intentions but you are deluded if you belief they have a grand chief called, satan.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by OkCornel(m): 5:48pm On Mar 03, 2023
Good question.

You don’t need to look too far. The rapists, liars, ritualists, greedy thieves and hypocrites in your society are semblance of what of the devil looks like.

If you’re waiting for a dude with red cape, horns and a pitchfork to appear in front of you. You might as well go and read Dante’s inferno to get yourself entertained!

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Ken4Christ: 10:46pm On Mar 03, 2023
Jokanem:
What Does the Devil Look Like?

The Devil is an invisible spirit person, which means that he does not have a physical appearance.—Ephesians 6:11, 12.

How does the Bible describe the Devil?

The Bible uses a number of analogies regarding the Devil. These help us to understand, not his appearance, but his personality. Some of these analogies include:

An angel of light. He pretends to offer something good to try to get people to follow his teachings rather than those of God.—2 Corinthians 11:14.

A roaring lion. He fiercely attacks God’s worshippers.—1 Peter 5:8.

A great dragon. He is frightful, powerful, and destructive.—Revelation 12:9.

Bible verses about the Devil
2 Corinthians 11:14: “Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light.”

Meaning: Satan pretends to be good in order to fool people into following his teachings rather than those of God.

Ephesians 6:11: “Put on the complete suit of armor from God so that you may be able to stand firm against the crafty acts of the Devil.”

Meaning: The Devil schemes to get people to disobey God.

James 4:7: “Subject yourselves to God; but oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you.”

Meaning: A person can defeat Satan by obeying God rather than the Devil.

1 Peter 5:8: “Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.”

Meaning: The Devil hates those who obey God and wants to destroy their friendship with Him.

Though, the devil is a spirit, he can be seen but not with the physical eyes.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:15pm On Mar 03, 2023
Foolish misinformed Churchgoer!

Even Jesus Christ as human in the flesh couldn't see Satan he can only sense Satan's presence through words, thoughts and actions of people around him. Matthew 16:21-23; John 8:44

So who brainwashed you into thinking you can see what Jesus can't see in your sinful flesh? cheesy

Ken4Christ:

Though, the devil is a spirit, he can be seen but not with the physical eyes.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Ken4Christ: 6:41am On Mar 04, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Foolish misinformed Churchgoer!

Even Jesus Christ as human in the flesh couldn't see Satan he can only sense Satan's presence through words, thoughts and actions of people around him. Matthew 16:21-23; John 8:44

So who brainwashed you into thinking you can see what Jesus can't see in your sinful flesh? cheesy

Isaiah 14:12-17.
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 THEY THAT SEE THEE shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Verse 17 affirms the devil formerly called Lucifer can be seen.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:08am On Mar 04, 2023
Ken4Christ:

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

16 THEY THAT SEE THEE shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

This bloke is still in the kindergarten level of scriptures
Many churches have studied the context of the Isaiah and seen that it refers, not to Satan but a dirge to the proud Babylonian kings

6 Likes

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:23am On Mar 04, 2023
Ken4Christ:

When someone thinks deeply and say:

"Now, i see"

Does it mean literal seeing? smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Ken4Christ: 3:56am On Mar 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

When someone thinks deeply and say:

"Now, i see"

Does it mean literal seeing? smiley

Pride and lie will destroy you. You will join your father, the devil in the Lake of fire where all liars go to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Ken4Christ: 3:57am On Mar 05, 2023
Aemmyjah:

This bloke is still in the kindergarten level of scriptures
Many churches have studied the context of the Isaiah and seen that it refers, not to Satan but a dirge to the proud Babylonian kings

May your eyes never see the truth since you refuse to acknowledge it when you see one in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:20am On Mar 05, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Pride and lie will destroy you. You will join your father, the devil in the Lake of fire where all liars go to.

You always prove to be dogmatic instead of substantiating what you have in mind for others to learn.

Most times when people say "now i see" it doesn't literally mean they see something they can point to for others to see in a literal sense rather they make use of explanations as well as illustrations to help their listeners get the sense of what they're saying.

So Isaiah said about faithless Jews during the time Christ will walk the planet:

Make the heart of this people unreceptive, Make their ears unresponsive, And paste their eyes together, So that they may not see with their eyes And hear with their ears, So that their heart may not understand And they may not turn back and be healed. Isaiah 6:10

For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response, and they have shut their eyes, so that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back and I heal them.’. Matthew 13:15

So my misinformed churchgoer friend God's word wasn't talking about literal seeing rather it means getting the sense of what Christ will teach just as you're always here arguing blindly yet you can't present a group of people practicing what you want to preach as teachings of the Christ! undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Ken4Christ: 7:25am On Mar 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You always prove to be dogmatic instead of substantiating what you have in mind for others to learn.

Most times when people say "now i see" it doesn't literally mean they see something they can point to for others to see in a literal sense rather they make use of explanations as well as illustrations to help their listeners get the sense of what they're saying.

So Isaiah said about faithless Jews during the time Christ will walk the planet:

Make the heart of this people unreceptive, Make their ears unresponsive, And paste their eyes together, So that they may not see with their eyes And hear with their ears, So that their heart may not understand And they may not turn back and be healed. Isaiah 6:10

For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response, and they have shut their eyes, so that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back and I heal them.’. Matthew 13:15

So my misinformed churchgoer friend God's word wasn't talking about literal seeing rather it means getting the sense of what Christ will teach just as you're always here arguing blindly yet you can't present a group of people practicing what you want to preach as teachings of the Christ! undecided

You will never repent. Son of perdition. I will ask the Lord permission to see how you are crying in hell.
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by sat70: 9:04am On Mar 05, 2023
They always appear to be good with good intentions just like when he came and tempted Jesus three times, he is here again to tempt Nigerians but he failed. God is the master planner

27 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by EriMma1: 9:04am On Mar 05, 2023
Hes beautiful angel according to the book of Ezekiel 28:13, it says.
Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
--
However, his character and acts after he rebelled are what make him ugly or described by many as ugly.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 05, 2023
angry
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 05, 2023
I think wike would be a better description of a devil

4 Likes

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by saintfaculty(m): 9:05am On Mar 05, 2023
grin
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Jennyclay(f): 9:05am On Mar 05, 2023
Looks like Zonefree

1 Like

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by LordEclipse: 9:05am On Mar 05, 2023
After seeing Tinubu,you still ask what the devil looks like??

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by MetroLane: 9:06am On Mar 05, 2023

4 Likes

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by AntiChristian: 9:06am On Mar 05, 2023
To the ipob and an average Igbo the devil looks like Tinubu!

Now to the Yorubas the devil looks like Chinedu that can't pronounce Èkó Ẹ̀dide like an Omoluabi!

Omoluabi no dey do jagidijagan!

Devils are the destroyers of Lagos, the ENDSARS supporters, feminists proponents, the bringers of homosexualism into Nigeria.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Karlifate: 9:06am On Mar 05, 2023
The devil looks like the person it possesses.
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 05, 2023
This.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by batsiderine: 9:06am On Mar 05, 2023
Tinubu. The devil looks like Tinubu, he also looks like anyone who steals peoples votes cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by Iambz: 9:06am On Mar 05, 2023
How the devil looks does not matter. What matters is the salvation of your soul. Believe on the Lord Jesus and thou shall be saved Acts 16
Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by ObiDatti85(m): 9:06am On Mar 05, 2023
Go stand in front of a mirrow, you definitely see what the devil looks like.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by BigDawsNet: 9:09am On Mar 05, 2023
The Devil is a Deceiver
The Devil is a Tempter
The Devil is a Thief
The Devil is a Murderer
The Devil is a Distorter

Give your life to christ now and avoid the Devil temptation

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by ekanx27(m): 9:09am On Mar 05, 2023
Don't look any further. When you see APC and people that support the evil party, you have seen it advocate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The Devil Look Like? by tafat: 9:09am On Mar 05, 2023
APC, INEC and all their supporters!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do Dreams Really Matter? / Pastors That Have Been And Still Are Impactful / Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.