Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Foods To Eat Before Going To The Farm. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Foods To Eat Before Going To The Farm. (442 Views)

See The Antelope My Cousin Killed Today In The Farm (photo) / This Long Python Was Killed On The Farm Yesterday / Slow Loris: Animal Caught Alive On The Farm By A Nairalander (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foods To Eat Before Going To The Farm. by Easymoney00101(m): 12:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
Going to the farm to work?, you’ll definitely need some good food to keep you up and running while working in the farm. So we will be going through some good foods to eat before going to the farm.

While working in the farm, you’ll burns lots of glucose, and if you don’t have enough of it to keep you up till you’re done, you may just breakdown while working.

So for the farm, you need food rich in carbohydrates, some touch of protein and other food classes.

You can choose to eat something light if you’re going to visit the farm and not to work. But if you’re going there for serious business, you need to go heavy, not too heavy but with something.

Just make sure your food is balanced, but let it be more of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. I will be taking you through some African meals and some from other parts of the world that can keep you through your farm work.

Pounded Yam with Egusi soup

It is majorly found in West African countries tries, and some African restaurants around the world. Pounded yam (boiled and pounded) is gotten from your normal white yam, while Egusi soup is from melon seed.

I personally don’t like taking this for breakfast, but it is rich in carbohydrates, fats and protein.

After you’re done eating, wash the food down with cold water, and you’ve just gotten yourself a very good meal for farmwork.

White rice with egg stew

You all know rice contains some good carbohydrates and of course your egg stew, which is a very good source of protein, which will be so perfect for farm work.

But for me I like taking this meal for lunch, after a long day at school, I just take it and have some good sleep.

Toasted bread, egg with tea

This combination is very good for breakfast, and will also help you with farm work.

There were times where I actually took this every morning before going to school. It always made me useless (felt very weak and wanting to sleep). Maybe it was because I never used it for work.

See more
Source: https://jitesblog.com/foods-to-eat-before-going-to-the-farm/
Re: Foods To Eat Before Going To The Farm. by kripen(m): 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hungry neva knack you make you know say ijebu garri and groundnut better pass Mr Bigg food for farm.
Re: Foods To Eat Before Going To The Farm. by Easymoney00101(m): 5:41am On Sep 20, 2019
kripen:
Hungry neva knack you make you know say ijebu garri and groundnut better pass Mr Bigg food for farm.
oga how you wan dey chop garri dey go farm nau
Re: Foods To Eat Before Going To The Farm. by OiOi: 6:53am On Sep 20, 2019
You will need food rich in carbohydrates...
It's energy giving food
Re: Foods To Eat Before Going To The Farm. by Easymoney00101(m): 8:08am On Sep 20, 2019
OiOi:
You will need food rich in carbohydrates...
It's energy giving food
I know right?
Re: Foods To Eat Before Going To The Farm. by Cousin9999: 11:13am On Sep 20, 2019
This thread reminds me of Colombian breakfast which was born out of farm labor.

https://www.baconismagic.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Colombian-food-bandeja-paisa.jpg
Re: Foods To Eat Before Going To The Farm. by Easymoney00101(m): 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2019
Cousin9999:
This thread reminds me of Colombian breakfast which was born out of farm labor.

https://www.baconismagic.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Colombian-food-bandeja-paisa.jpg

okey

(1) (Reply)

500 Capacity Incubator With Inverter For Sale Call 07062828943 / 25 Acres Of Virgin Farmland In Ogbomoso @ #250,000 Per Acre / The Ugly Truth Of The Effect Of Global Warming To Our Country, Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.