Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,702 members, 7,865,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

Okonjo Iweala For World Bank President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo Iweala For World Bank President (2093 Views)

Ribadu/iweala For 2019/2023 / Yale Honours Okonjo-iweala For Fighting Corruption, Fiscal Transparency / IMF Lauds Sanusi, Okonjo-iweala For Strength Of Nigeria’s Economy In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo Iweala For World Bank President by fromuk(m): 6:32pm On May 22, 2007
But Bush used him in Iraq he can as well use at WB who knows.

Bush is TB's commander in Chief Charles Kennedy(Former Chairman Lib Dem)
Re: Okonjo Iweala For World Bank President by mazaje(m): 7:58pm On May 22, 2007
@TayoD
  You are in the game baby, people that have no work to do but try to show how smart they are on the world wide web when they know very little need to be pused to the corner where they belong. You have done a good job by reminding the i think i know very much while i know nothing Afam who he is and where he belongs.

@ Afam

you have been knocked out of the game baby, go take a nap and get a life trying to show your ignorance and stupidity because you happen to have a keyboard in front of you wont make people appreciate you. mahaukaci shege!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Okonjo Iweala For World Bank President by marjson(m): 8:12am On Aug 31, 2007
i wish okonjo the best, may god put her through, she is one of the best we have here in nigeria, lets support her all,
Re: Okonjo Iweala For World Bank President by mellow(m): 10:02am On Sep 01, 2007
Wish her the best.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Okonjo Iweala For World Bank President by ijogbon(m): 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2007
Okonjo-Iweala made it to World Bank MD ,
Re: Okonjo Iweala For World Bank President by iykrion(m): 11:11pm On Oct 04, 2007
Patriotism 90%, Pragmatism 10%. That's what I have seen on this particular issue. I hope the patriots win, but I am afraid, the pendulum might (should I say will) swing to the pragmatists. I keep my fingers crossed. undecided
Re: Okonjo Iweala For World Bank President by texazzpete(m): 9:27am On Oct 05, 2007
iykrion:

Patriotism 90%, Pragmatism 10%. That's what I have seen on this particular issue. I hope the patriots win, but I am afraid, the pendulum might (should I say will) swing to the pragmatists. I keep my fingers crossed. undecided

Patriotism isn't the opposite of Pragmatism. There's no reason why the two should be mutually exclusive.
Re: Okonjo Iweala For World Bank President by iykrion(m): 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2007
texazzpete:

Patriotism isn't the opposite of Pragmatism. There's no reason why the two should be mutually exclusive.

I was only refering to those who want Ngozi to be the president as patriots because the love for their country and by extension country woman, will not make them believe that the position will not be compromised by the U.S, at least for now. The pragmatists are those who actually see the situation the way it is - that the president of IBRD is for the U.S candidates alone.

Besides, you could have put up your own opinion instead of giving me lectures on morphology alone. All the same, the pragmatists have been proven right!
Cheers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arm Robbery In Ghana / Fayose Witnessed Omojola's Beating / Confirmed! Yar'adua Still Under Life Support.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.