Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Stiff / Hard Steering Wheel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stiff / Hard Steering Wheel (950 Views)

How Do You Hold Your Steering Wheel While Driving? / Byton's M-byte Is The 1st Production Car To Have A Touchscreen On Steering Wheel / GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stiff / Hard Steering Wheel by Blackpromise(m): 10:27pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hallo house pls my car is experiencing a very stiff and hard steering ..Trying to make turns is very difficult and also i always notice that the transmission oil dries of quickly...
What can be the issue ..
Its Nissan pathfinder 2000 model.
Thanks
Kunle
Kunleblackrule@gmail.com
Re: Stiff / Hard Steering Wheel by Blackpromise(m): 10:28pm On Sep 19, 2019
Again all the belts are intact...so its a not a belt issue..
Re: Stiff / Hard Steering Wheel by uboma(m): 6:56am On Sep 20, 2019
Blackpromise:
Hallo house pls my car is experiencing a very stiff and hard steering ..Trying to make turns is very difficult and also i always notice that the transmission oil dries of quickly...
What can be the issue ..
Its Nissan pathfinder 2000 model.
Thanks
Kunle
Kunleblackrule@gmail.com

Do you mean power steering oil? If it is the power steering oil that drains out quickly, then your steering rack may be faulty and needs to be replaced.
Re: Stiff / Hard Steering Wheel by format9798(m): 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
The pipe of ur power steering oil may be leaking. Ask ur mechanic to check and possibly change the pipe for you. i had the same problem with my car when i was travelling. i discovered that my timing belt was the cause because it kept on chopping the pipe.

1 Like

Re: Stiff / Hard Steering Wheel by Lexusgs430: 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2019
Manual steering wheels, are normally stiff........

(1) (Reply)

Volkswagen Ad Banned In South Africa For Comparing Women To Wild Animals / Suzuki Mini Bus For Sale At Affordable Price @630k / Ibadan Oyo State Bolt/taxify Drivers Commences Week Long Strike In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.