Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far (28231 Views)

Top 10 Highest-grossing Nigerian Films Of All Time / List Of The Highest Grossing Movies Of 2018 And How Much They Made / List Of Highest-grossing Nigerian Films (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 20, 2019
Chief daddy does just make sense but at the same time it does but last last na rubbish movie.
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by femi4: 9:07am On Sep 20, 2019
SAVEDBABA:
Chief daddy does just make sense but at the same time it does but last last na rubbish movie.
where can I download it
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by musicwriter(m): 9:29am On Sep 20, 2019
adecz:
sad

So, all these "high grossing" movies
are not even making up to $1million?

When in ogbodo oyibo, some child actors
even get up to $5m for appearing in
some movies!!

Better oyibo movies even make more
than $1bn!!

Nollywood still has far to go.

Because they've been in the business since the late 1800's, so the industry there is at least 150 years older than Nollywood. Also, the West has a different value system, their economy is larger.....many things. Who has the right to say they shouldn't pay $5 million to a child actor?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Jesse1991: 9:39am On Sep 20, 2019
op you are deceiving yourself... where is the lion's heart that was bought by Netflix and 40 days in Atlanta.
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by kokomaster3d: 9:45am On Sep 20, 2019
Oboy money dey for movie oh.
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by kayfra: 9:50am On Sep 20, 2019
bigpicture001:

Triabalism is in ur blood...!
E pain am grin

1 Like

Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by chigo5(m): 9:52am On Sep 20, 2019
home videos gross more than all this, jst da no stat to back it up, buh this movies way una list no popular for street Ohh, na only 30 days in Atlanta I kn
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by geosegun(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2019
DenreleDave:

See loser, when u lied that it was an Igbo initiative, no body condemn u, no body said u weren't making any sense

So when he said it was not Igbo, u started to think he wasn't making any sense abi

Nyamiri are losers

Dont mind him. I just chose to ignore his rants. He is definitely a kid.

1 Like

Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Haylizz: 10:14am On Sep 20, 2019
bigpicture001:

Is game of throne not at the box office..?
GOT is an original HBO (Home Box Office) series, it must be there

1 Like

Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Armaggedon: 10:16am On Sep 20, 2019
The nation newspaper... smh
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by whitedove(m): 10:18am On Sep 20, 2019
I am not surprised that all the above movies had a lot to do with Yoruba,for your info. Yoruba started what is now known as movie industry with likes of Ogunde,the doyen of African cinema,Ishola Ogunsola,etc not forgetting comedy..... what do you expect from a region that had television station when countries like France did not have? and for you my friend who is shouting tribalism,Yoruba will always be ahead.

3 Likes

Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by geosegun(m): 10:19am On Sep 20, 2019
NnaaMenn:

Immaturity.

I made my point clearly and fairly without condemning anyone. And very factual too.

You can argue your point logically without turning it into a tribal war or using childish expressions. Go and read the mature way I presented my point, giving credit to everyone.

You have a right to your opinion, but present it in a mature logical manner.

You and your people need to grow up. The facts are there.

In what mature way? You want everyone to swallow your lies and ignorance. At least before you make that assertion, you should Google the origin of Nollywood.

Here you go.. let me help you out. You can do the rest, kid.

The creation of Nollywood started in the 1960s. It was when the first Nollywood movies were being created by historical filmmakers such as Ola Balogun, Hubert Ogunde, Jab Adu, Moses Olayia and Eddie Ugboma. ("History,”) They are considered the first generation of Nigerian filmmakers

How could you claim a particular tribe is the originator of Nollywood. Were you there when it was registered? Go and check the original initiator. I bet you were not conceived when it was formed. For the fact that other section of the country shun the association does not mean those that are there now are the originator. They ran away from troubles from your section of the country.

4 Likes

Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by SirGod: 10:22am On Sep 20, 2019
RockHard:
https://thenationonlineng.net/five-highest-grossing-nigerian-films-so-far/

A film that is set to top the Grossing chart is loading... Movie by NASTY BITCH. Watch out!!!
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by MT: 10:28am On Sep 20, 2019
vibbb:
Adetiba, I bliv you are working on King of boys part 2 arldy.
Weldon that movie is just too cool.

Truly the best of the lots
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by luvyaself95(m): 10:31am On Sep 20, 2019
This list is fake without LionHeart Remember it's the first Nigerian movie to be bought by Netflix.

1 Like

Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 20, 2019
Goldenventures:

https://ceanigeria.com/box-office

I went to the website. I see the highest grossing movies, week by week. I fail to see any ranking for the whole history of Nigeria as claimed on this thread.

Can you provide the proper link where this is to be found?

Thank you.
@kapeter

I see you online. Please I am still waiting for the link in question.

Thanks
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by MT: 10:36am On Sep 20, 2019
whitedove:
I am not surprised that all the above movies had a lot to do with Yoruba,for your info. Yoruba started what is now known as movie industry with likes of Ogunde,the doyen of African cinema,Ishola Ogunsola,etc not forgetting comedy..... what do you expect from a region that had television station when countries like France did not have? and for you my friend who is shouting tribalism,Yoruba will always be ahead.

I have never commented on any tribalistic rant but I couldn't just resist the urge this time. Must every good things discussed here end up as a fight between Yoruba and Ibo. I am a Yoruba and I have watched good movies produced by the Ibo. Likewise, i have watched good movies produced by Yoruba. These are talented actors and actresses doing good for themselves, their industry and their country. To the e-warlords, what do you want to be remembered for. How can I forget the likes of Segun Arinze, Omotola, BUkky Ajayi, Alex Osifo, Zack Orji, Clarion Chukwura, Kanayo Kanayo, Clem Ohaneze, Pete Edochie et al. To you, yes you, who are you?
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 20, 2019
geosegun:

In what mature way? You want everyone to swallow your lies and ignorance. At least before you make that assertion, you should Google the origin of Nollywood.

The creation of Nollywood started in the 1960s. It was when the first Nollywood movies were being created by historical filmmakers such as Ola Balogun, Hubert Ogunde, Jab Adu, Moses Olayia and Eddie Ugboma. ("History,”) They are considered the first generation of Nigerian filmmakers

How could you claim a particular tribe is the originator of Nollywood. Were you there when it was registered? Go and check the original initiator. I bet you were not conceived when it was formed. For the fact that other section of the country shun the association does not mean those that are there now are the originator. They ran away from troubles from your section of the country.

I said 'Nollywood as we know it today', not film making in general, or even theater arts. I hope you know there's a difference? Little points like this matter before launching into unnecessary 'History' arguments.

I wasn't talking about the history of film and television productions, or theater arts in Nigeria. You can lay claim to all these for dear life if you want, not my business.

And learn to argue like a civilized human being, assuming you're capable of it.

1 Like

Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Jarus(m): 10:42am On Sep 20, 2019
kayfra:
Yoruba and entertainment, a match made in heaven. It's in the DNA

Omoluabi silently dominating grin

We cannot come and go and kill ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Neshietdebayzman(m): 10:57am On Sep 20, 2019
I still recall one of the Ngerian hottest movies then with Zack Orji. That is Glamour girls
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by DenreleDave(m): 11:00am On Sep 20, 2019
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by DenreleDave(m): 11:02am On Sep 20, 2019
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 20, 2019
DenreleDave:

Like are you serious? My people needs to grow up Abi ur poto poto people in those state yeastern states need to grow up
grin grin You sound like you want to cry
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by luvyaself95(m): 11:13am On Sep 20, 2019
DenreleDave:

Pained nyamiri fellow
what are you saying
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by adecz: 11:20am On Sep 20, 2019
musicwriter:

Because they've been in the business since the late 1800's, so the industry there is at least 150 years older than Nollywood. Also, the West has a different value system, their economy is larger.....many things. Who has the right to say they shouldn't pay $5 million to a child actor?

A football Club in Kano recently used this
type of your poverty mentality to 'Sign' on a new
player for N5k!!

As in fife tasand naira !! shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by gwafaeziokwu: 11:26am On Sep 20, 2019
geosegun:

Nollywood as we know it today is a gift from Ndi Igbo to the world go and hug transformer if you are pained.
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by nisai: 11:39am On Sep 20, 2019
Jarus:

We cannot come and go and kill ourselves.
lol grin grin
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by kayfra: 11:43am On Sep 20, 2019
MT:

I have never commented on any tribalistic rant but I couldn't just resist the urge this time. Must every good things discussed here end up as a fight between Yoruba and Ibo. I am a Yoruba and I have watched good movies produced by the Ibo. Likewise, i have watched good movies produced by Yoruba. These are talented actors and actresses doing good for themselves, their industry and their country. To the e-warlords, what do you want to be remembered for. How can I forget the likes of Segun Arinze, Omotola, BUkky Ajayi, Alex Osifo, Zack Orji, Clarion Chukwura, Kanayo Kanayo, Clem Ohaneze, Pete Edochie et al. To you, yes you, who are you?

Uchenna Gerarahia! grin
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
bigpicture001:

Is game of throne not at the box office..?
Do u even know what box office is??
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by bigpicture001: 12:23pm On Sep 20, 2019
thariodamaniac:

Do u even know what box office is??

Teacher...I dont know...so teach me
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2019
femi4:
where can I download it
Dont know watched it on a friends laptop.
Re: Five Highest-grossing Nigerian Films So Far by DenreleDave(m): 2:09pm On Sep 20, 2019
NnaaMenn:
grin grin You sound like you want to cry

Nyamiri so sorry that ur lion heart wasn't listed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Between Tom And Jerry, Who Did You Support As A Child? / Chichi Wins BBNaija Week 9 Head Of House Game / NIGCOMSAT, Others To Begin New Paytv, Break DSTV Monopoly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.