Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them (3155 Views)

65 Internet Acronyms And Slangs You Never Knew / What Is The Only English Word That Ends In The Letters "MT" / 10 Facts About Elephants You Never Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by ploutus: 8:59am On Sep 20, 2019

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by ploutus: 8:59am On Sep 20, 2019

1 Like

Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by ploutus: 8:59am On Sep 20, 2019

Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by ploutus: 9:02am On Sep 20, 2019
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by ploutus: 9:04am On Sep 20, 2019

Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by Abfinest007(m): 9:20am On Sep 20, 2019
ur cupidity is very strong

2 Likes

Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by ploutus: 9:24am On Sep 20, 2019
Abfinest007:
ur cupidity is very strong

Lol
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by ploutus: 9:33am On Sep 20, 2019
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by internationalman(m): 9:52am On Sep 20, 2019
So these people can just wake up one money and begin to conjoin words to form another word and add to the dictionary..

And when another country people do it they'd say it's BAD ENGLISH...

English is the most indefinitely directionless language on earth. No wonder it has more words in it than any other languages.

No word has been removed or added to my mother's tongue since I was born..

Please let no one take a language that can be modified like computer programming seriously.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by ploutus: 10:27am On Sep 20, 2019
smiley
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 20, 2019
Come on, these are all a bunch of neologisms.

But hey, I'll save the ones I am just coming in contact with for the first time. They might come in handy in my next scrabble game. Who knows? smiley
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 20, 2019
internationalman:
So these people can just wake up one money and begin to conjoin words to form another word and add to the dictionary..

English is the most indefinitely directionless language on earth. No wonder it has more words in it than any other languages.

Please let no one take a language that can be modified like computer programming seriously.

Wake up one money... sad Naira or Dalasi?
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by ploutus: 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2019
smiley smiley
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by alphaNomega: 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2019
This is one useless thread.
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by ploutus: 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2019
alphaNomega:

okay thanks
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by Nigerfine2: 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2019
Nigerian if allowed to guess will think Americans speak Grammer.
No no no, Americans speak the simplest Grammer
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 20, 2019
alphaNomega:
how is it useless?
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by alphaNomega: 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2019
ploutus:

okay thanks

Don't mention smiley
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by dont8(m): 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
internationalman:

I'm not surprised, English is combination of different languages, from French to German to Greek to Portuguese to Spanish etc.
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by chris2h(m): 5:28pm On Sep 20, 2019
Hey People,
My name is Christopher Haruna Hamman!
I am a freelance writer who got kicked out of a whatsapp group on nairaland for not doing things the Nigerian way (being crooked). I now found a strategy that pays me everytime I write with my picture and my black face on the Author Bio page.
BY the way, here is EVIDENCE and proof-of-concept of what I am saying:

https://e-cryptonews.com/author/christopher-hamman/
https://www.coinspeaker.com/author/chris_hamman/
https://zycrypto.com/author/christopher-haruna-hamman/
https://todaysgazette.com/author/christopher-hamman/

Don't know how to make some money in this season when there are fewer greedy politicians or their friends that you can run to? I will be revealing to 3,000 people tomorrow by 9.00 am in a SECRET facebook group what I am doing at the moment: MAKING MONEY WRITING!!. There is only ONE requirement: you have to do exactly what I say! You do it, you make money.

In this facebook group, I will reveal:
1. Why no one really cares if you are Nigerian, what they care about is your ability to work.
2. Why you don't need fiverr, upwork and other websites to make money. I know of Nigerians who pose as white girls just to get writing jobs on these platforms
3. How to write for ANY website and blog
4. The EXACT method I use to get bloggers who pay me to write for them,
5. How to receive money in Nigeria since Paypal officially doesn't work. I will show you different legitimate options (no mago-mago or corner-corner), different options that exist, I will even reveal my favorite one, remember play by the rules!
6. Why you can write for any blog or site in the world that will accept you in any field,
7. How to impress the blog owners,
8. SEO writing techniques that never grow old,
9.How to write on topics that you have NO idea about (it sounds crazy right?)
10How to improve your writing.
11.The easiest way to write
12. How to get CEOs and industry leaders globally to give you quotes and interviews and I will reveal my sources, strategies and methods. Big men in Nigeria don't do these kinds of things!

The big question is WHY am I doing this? I will tell you. we cannot all be Billionaires but we all shouldn't be broke either. Writing may not buy you the world but after some time in your area of interest, you will start getting paid the big bucks. Your smartphone isn't only for selfies. You can be making money instead of chatting on WhatsApp or telegram. if you are a student and you need little funds to keep you going, or a housewife who isn't working, unemployed and having nothing to do, a civil servant whose salary can't keep the family, bills and debts are piling? THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY. And best of all it is free. All you need is to join the group here:

https://web./2293477104109058?_rdc=1&_rdr

I WILL NOT SAY ONE WORD UNTIL THE COUNT REACHES 3,000 PEOPLE. So, let us work with each other people. Let this go viral. The beauty about this field (freelance writing) is that ANYONE can enter the field and get PAID. There is NO COMPETITION. Content mills such as fiverr and co (unless you're a permier freelancer there) don't offer what you can get for FREE. All you need are four things to succeed in this business: Data, power, quietness and inspiration. You literally get paid to learn on the job.

I will NOT SAY ONE WORD UNTIL THE GROUP REACHES MY COUNT OF 3000 PEOPLE
SO let us help each other out of this economic mess that we have found ourselves in!
I am NOT going to ask for ONE NAIRA. I want people to grow....
So, share it, talk about it and let us see the count reach 3,000.
Time to make money doing what you love people!
Spread the love and the information and share!!
We can all make money together not like the BIG MEN who hide their secrets.
I am giving mine out for free!

Christopher Haruna Hamman
Superstar Content Developer, Strategy Demigod, Standup Guy

Join it here:
https://web./2293477104109058?_rdc=1&_rdr
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by ploutus: 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
smiley
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2019
Thank you for adding more knowledge to the little I got today
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by Deyrinsolar(f): 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2019
Wait seriously this is not a joke, like what the f
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by ploutus: 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2019
cool
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by shadrama(m): 8:37pm On Sep 20, 2019
internationalman:

i wish i cn like a million times and shere a million times. many a times they steal from other languages to modify theirs. our laziness make them look so superior like we cnt do without them. oww, sorry am typing in english. laziness thats what it is
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by ashewoboy(m): 9:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
mansakhalifa:

Wake up one money... sad Naira or Dalasi?

you know where you are going?cheesy.
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by Eidris01(m): 9:54pm On Sep 20, 2019
Let me give you one, "DICMALFORMING" the act of forming words not in the dictionary.

Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 20, 2019
Wetin concern me���� cupidity op
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 12:13am On Sep 21, 2019
Eidris01:
Let me give you one, "DICMALFORMING" the act of forming words not in the dictionary.
which wan I wan believe now oo cry
Re: 18 Everyday Things You Never Knew Actually Had A Word That Describes Them by Eidris01(m): 9:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
Bouncingbabyboy:
which wan I wan believe now oo cry
lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know Why P Is Silent In PSYCHOLOGY? / Unn Departmental Cut-off Released! / Latest News For Unimaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.