Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:44 PM

Who Will Bag This Year’s AFRIMMA Best Upcoming Artiste Awards. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Will Bag This Year’s AFRIMMA Best Upcoming Artiste Awards. (744 Views)

Tiwa Savage's Gorgeous Outfit To Afrimma Awards 2017 / Davido Dedicates His AFRIMMA Awards To Tagbo And Dj Olu / Teebillz Kisses Tiwa Savage On Stage At AFRIMMA In Dallas (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Bag This Year’s AFRIMMA Best Upcoming Artiste Awards. by Naija247blog: 10:47am On Sep 20, 2019
After thorough research and study, AFRIMMA came up with the nominees for the best newcomer in Africa. Out of the list of 10 upcoming African musicians 3 from Nigeria made it to the list making Nigeria to be the most populated on the list. Rema, Fireboy DML & Zlatan Ibile who made it to the list has been really so wonderful this year, knowing that they are still new in the music industry. Now let’s look at their stats and performance this year focusing on Nigerian artistes on the list:

Rema
Talking of the MAVINS record superstar, Divine Ikubor, known popularly by his stage name, Rema, he was born in 2000 in Benin City, Edo State. Being a Christian, he gained both his Primary and Secondary school certificates from Benin City where he was known for his singing and rapping while in school.
Rema signed a record deal with Jozing world, which is a subsidiary of Mavin Records in the year 2019. While in the record label Rema has sang songs which high rating on Apple Music Nigeria some of his singles that went viral are:
1. Dumebi
2. Iron Man
3. Why
4. Spiderman
5. Trap out the submarine
6. American Love
7. Boulevard
While in collaboration with other artiste:
1. Rema X DJ Big N – “Ogologoma”
2. Mavins – “All is in order’
3. D’Prince X Rema – “Lavida”

What is so surprising and amazing about this guy is that he was born in just 2000 making him just 19 this year and only in 2019 that he was signed into a new record label he has already sang over 5 songs in just his singles.
Another milestone he accomplished was the fact that his single “Iron Man” made it to Barrack Obama’s 2019 summer play list which some other musicians hasn’t accomplished yet.

Fireboy DML
Adedamola Adefolahan who prefers to be called Fireboy on stage has really been on fire so far this year. He hails from Ogun State, and studied English Language at the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
Fireboy who was signed by Olamide into the ever-popular YBNL on October 2018 has been really thrilling this year. His first single in the record label “Jealous” gained much popularity which boosted his people’s knowledge about a new musician in town. Other of his single hits are:
1. King
2. Star
3. What if I say
4. Ajoke
5. Give me love
6. Don’t say so
Some of his collaborations are:
1. Fireboy X Picazo –Fire Down
2. Fireboy X Oxlade – Sing
3. TchapO X Fireboy – Fire
Fireboy has really been marvelous this year and some fans think he really deserves the award cause if he doesn’t get now he may never be able to get this kind of award again.

Zlatan Ibile
Omoniyi Temidayo Raphael whose stage name is Zlatan Ibile is another upcoming glamorous musician this year. He was born 19th of December, 1994 in Ekiti State but was raised in Lagos, he gained his Higher National Diploma in Business Administration in Moshood Abiola Polytechnic.
Zlatan who is widely famous for his catchphrase, "Kapachumarumarichipaco" is a Nigerian rapper, songwriter and also a wonderful dancer. Zlatan won the Airtel One Mic Talent show in Abeokuta, Ogun State in 2014 which made a step in his musical career. Towards the end of 2018, Zlatan released a song titled “Zanku” meaning “Zlatan Abeg No Kill Us” which was very popular for the song’s dancing routine. Other songs which Zlatan released in collaboration with many other musicians and personal singles are:
1. Zlatan X Davido – Osanle
2. Zlatan X Burna Boy – Killin Dem
3. Naira Marley X Zlatan – Am I a Yahoo Boy
4. Rexxie X Zlatan X Teni X Naira Marley – Foti Foyin
5. Chinko Ekun X Lil Kesh X Zlatan – Able God
6. Zlatan – Agege
7. Zlatan – Bolanle
8. Brainee X Zlatan X DJ Spinall – Gbese
And a host of others...........
Zlatan really was good this year and he also deserves the award even if he is just 1 among the 10 nominees, he should really be noticed even if he doesn’t actually win the award. Though he was arrested alongside Naira Marley and others due to their collaboration “I am a Yahoo Boy” by the EFCC, he was later released after cases were looked upon.

As it was witten above that it wasn’t really surprising to see the likes of Rema, Fireboy and Zlatan Ibile to be on the list but we still expected one more person in that list which made the list null and void for diehard fans of him.

WHERE IS NAIRA MARLEY??
His collaborator in his release ‘Am I a Yahoo boy,’ Zlatan Ibile was in the list but why wasn’t he.? With the likes of his single hit “Opotoyi” and also “Soapy” which went viral fans needed him to be on that list which he wasn’t. Was it because of his arrest? Was it because of his record label?

Anyway vote for AFRIMMA best newcomer artiste: http://afrimma.com/nominees-for-2019/

Source: https://naija247blog.home.blog/2019/09/20/who-will-bag-this-years-afrimma-best-upcoming-artiste-awards/

Re: Who Will Bag This Year’s AFRIMMA Best Upcoming Artiste Awards. by Naija247blog: 10:48am On Sep 20, 2019
Cc lalasticlala
Cc dominique
Cc mynd44

Re: Who Will Bag This Year’s AFRIMMA Best Upcoming Artiste Awards. by internationalman(m): 11:06am On Sep 20, 2019
Rema songs are not appealing to me. To me he sings like the kid he is.

I don't know much about Fireboy...

I give it to Zlatan.. Not that his music is appealing either but I like the way he raps with Yoruba even though I don't understand a word of it. His songs are DJ friendly too..

He will last long in the industry.
Re: Who Will Bag This Year’s AFRIMMA Best Upcoming Artiste Awards. by bhorbozzIV: 11:10am On Sep 20, 2019
internationalman:
Rema songs are not appealing to me. To me he sings like the kid he is.

I don't know much about Fireboy...

I give it to Zlatan.. Not that his music is appealing either but I like the way he raps with Yoruba even though I don't understand a word of it. His songs are DJ friendly too..

He will last long in the industry.
What are you saying ......... But it is the so called "kid song" that Barrack Obama and his wife listened to last summer
How many of Zlatan's song can people like that listen to
Re: Who Will Bag This Year’s AFRIMMA Best Upcoming Artiste Awards. by captainblaze(m): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2019
bhorbozzIV:

What are you saying ......... But it is the so called "kid song" that Barrack Obama and his wife listened to last summer
How many of Zlatan's song can people like that listen to
I don't agree with u... As it's even in the post......... he was born 2000, the guy is still small so he still has that mind and thinking to an extent
Re: Who Will Bag This Year’s AFRIMMA Best Upcoming Artiste Awards. by Rosay15(f): 1:24pm On Sep 20, 2019
Fireboi Dml, all his song really make sense.

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija Participants Lack Intellectual Prowess – Daddy Freeze / Top 10 Best And Popular Rappers In Nigeria 2019 [ Photos] / Actress Olaide Olaogun’s Marriage Ends Over Allegations Of Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.