Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,058 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Do You Like Being Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Like Being Nigerian? (1830 Views)

"I Like Being Selective In The Fight Against Corruption"-buhari / Being Nigerian And The Danger Of Many Stories / I Bask And Revel In Being Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Like Being Nigerian? by MandingoII(m): 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2010
Why?

What are your country's Accomplishments?

Do your ethnicities get along - Do you treat other ethnicities with respect?

More importantly, do your government treat you and other ethnicities with respect and equality?
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by MandingoII(m): 10:32pm On Oct 31, 2010
anwser the question
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by bd1(m): 10:47pm On Oct 31, 2010
I often think about moving out of the United States but every time I ask questions about other countries I get no answers or dishonest ones. I do not want to invest in a air line ticket without some idea of what I would be walking into.

May I ask to you like being as American?
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by MaiSuya(m): 11:41pm On Oct 31, 2010
Do You Like Being Nigerian?

Yes. . .

MandingoII:

Why?

*sigh* Do I have a choice?

What are your country's Accomplishments?

Well. . .we are still a united country

Do your ethnicities get along - Do you treat other ethnicities with respect?

Take a look at the number of tribal threads here, it'll give you an idea. Regarding the second part of the question, yes I treat other ethnicities with respect

More importantly, do your government treat you and other ethnicities with respect and equality?

NO! Tribalism is the order of the day.
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by bd1(m): 1:56am On Nov 01, 2010
MandingoII what have you found? Tribalism seems to be the curse of africa. At this rate I will end up staying in America. sad
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by Osama10(m): 2:37am On Nov 01, 2010
b-_-d:

MandingoII what have you found? Tribalism seems to be the curse of africa. At this rate I will end up staying in America. sad

Wouldn't it be nice if all the different tribes just form their separate countries?
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by MandingoII(m): 3:21am On Nov 01, 2010
I often think about moving out of the United States but every time I ask questions about other countries I get no answers or dishonest ones. I do not want to invest in a air line ticket without some idea of what I would be walking into.

May I ask to you like being as American?

Yessir!!!!

i love being a Black man in Amerikka
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by Nobody: 3:24am On Nov 01, 2010
Mandigo and his retarded threads.

It must be depressing being you.
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by amazonia(m): 3:44am On Nov 01, 2010
@Topic

I love being Nigeria. I just wish the name  should be changed to something that properly
described us. The name is so foreign to all our cultures. ALL our African names are meaningful
words and phrases.The word (Nigeria) is mechanical, devoid of emotions and prayerful wishes implicit in our
native names.

A good indigenous name will go a long way to help us foster new beginning and unity. And
more love for the entity. Now the name Nigeria seems impersonal, people are
willy to rape and abuse her without looking back Things they wont do to their ethnic groups
because they love them.
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by bd1(m): 5:33am On Nov 01, 2010
I remain in America only because I am yet to find a good alternative. Many Africans seem to be more racist against other Africans than whites are against us. Many of the tribal threads are disturbing. I have fund  tribal threads from every African country I am researching. Why move away from whites only to be hated by people who look like you but are less like you.
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by MandingoII(m): 2:11am On Nov 03, 2010
Heres is your chance Nigerians to convince me why Nigerians are special, worthy of a mention?
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by Samobi(m): 4:29am On Nov 03, 2010
MandingoII:

Heres is your chance Nigerians to convince me why Nigerians are special, worthy of a mention?
[/quote

And here is YOUR chance RASCIST SLAVE (WITH NO ORIGIN OR DESTINATION), COTTON PICKER, MISEDUCATED NEGRO, SHAMELESS APE WHOM WHITE AMERICA (IN THE FORM OF COPS) WOULD GUN DOWN AT EVERY GIVEN OPPORTUNITY to convince me why you will shamelessly spend so much time on a Nigerian forum that was created by a Nigerian who lives in Nigeria to insult Nigerians on their forum with your cancer infested tongue/fingers. Surely, Since Nigerians are not worthy of a mention, you can use your time more productively being an active member of an akata forum, don't you think? Besides, you are a nobody and will remain a nobody till the day you die so why should anyone even bother trying to convince you? While you damn SLAVE continue to willow in your pool of hate ON CYBERSPACE, the biological son of an African man became president of your country. If Obama had slave blood flowing in his veins, you know your cousin whitey would not have voted for him to be in office. Just ask previous akata presidential contenders like Jesse Jackson and the other one with fried hair, Al sharpton grin
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by tpia5: 6:22am On Nov 03, 2010
MandingoII:

and you are?
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by SHEAU(m): 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2010
am thinking, grin
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 03, 2010
Nigeria automaticaly becomes nothing once some ppl obtains visa to whatever place. Why would i hate being an african or Nigerian. Does being a US citizen make you any different? It's same food we eat(if mine is not better), the same car we drive, same computer we all use, So, what made you different even if you denounce ur origin. What made you think that you are better off than any of us. Please mind your matter. If being a Nigeria made you not to get a good 'babe mamma' or a good job, feel free to come and take another WAEC. I might consider giving you a land to cultivate. Yam business is still a good biz in Nigeria. Enough of comparism betwen NID and NIN.
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by bd1(m): 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2010
Samobi:

And here is YOUR chance RASCIST SLAVE (WITH NO ORIGIN OR DESTINATION), COTTON PICKER, MISEDUCATED NEGRO, SHAMELESS APE WHOM WHITE AMERICA (IN THE FORM OF COPS) WOULD GUN DOWN AT EVERY GIVEN OPPORTUNITY to convince me why you will shamelessly spend so much time on a Nigerian forum that was created by a Nigerian who lives in Nigeria to insult Nigerians on their forum with your cancer infested tongue/fingers. Surely, Since Nigerians are not worthy of a mention, you can use your time more productively being an active member of an akata forum, don't you think? Besides, you are a nobody and will remain a nobody till the day you die so why should anyone even bother trying to convince you? While you damn SLAVE continue to willow in your pool of hate ON CYBERSPACE, the biological son of an African man became president of your country. If Obama had slave blood flowing in his veins, you know your cousin whitey would not have voted for him to be in office. Just ask previous akata presidential contenders like Jesse Jackson and the other one with fried hair, Al sharpton

MandingoII send me an email I am a company owner in TN. I will not be doing business with Nigeria! I found out that the guns used in the attacks on Liberia came from Nigeria! Any thing we build in Africa will be a target for the Nigerians and other corrupt Africans. The cops will only go so far because they remember what we did to there a$s after Rodney king. No matter how much we make we will never be respected by our brothers. We should build something here in the united states. The Africans would never attack us in the united states. 

Jesse Jackson did not win because he is from the wrong social class. Colin Powell would have won the presidential race. He did not run because whites were coming after his family. Check the family tree of Obama. He is the son of an Arab man not an African! His dad moved into Kenya was not born there. I am sure whites will soon find a way to kill Obama. I will be happy when his sorry a$s is gone. His policy has damaged my company. If I knew they were going to get him I would proudly give money to the KKK. He is digging a hole for black americans that will be hard to get out of.
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by Mobinga: 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2010
Yes, sadly, we have no choice.
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by tpia5: 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2010
b-_-d:

At this rate I will end up staying in America. sad

and that's a bad thing how?

arent you american?
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by tpia5: 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2010
b-_-d:

MandingoII send me an email I am a company owner in TN. I will not be doing business with Nigeria! I found out that the guns used in the attacks on Liberia came from Nigeria! Any thing we build in Africa will be a target for the Nigerians and other corrupt Africans. The cops will only go so far because they remember what we did to there a$s after Rodney king. No matter how much we make we will never be respected by our brothers. We should build something here in the united states. The Africans would never attack us in the united states.

Jesse Jackson did not win because he is from the wrong social class. Colin Powell would have won the presidential race. He did not run because whites were coming after his family. Check the family tree of Obama. He is the son of an Arab man not an African! His dad moved into Kenya was not born there. I am sure whites will soon find a way to kill Obama. I will be happy when his sorry a$s is gone. His policy has damaged my company. If I knew they were going to get him I would proudly give money to the KKK. He is digging a hole for black americans that will be hard to get out of.

any proof to back up your claims?
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by jason12345: 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2010
b-_-d:

I remain in America only because I am yet to find a good alternative. Many Africans seem to be more racist against other Africans than whites are against us. Many of the tribal threads are disturbing. I have fund  tribal threads from every African country I am researching. Why move away from whites only to be hated by people who look like you but are less like you.

in africa, when you lump over 100 different ethnic group in a country and give it a name, war is bound to happen.

you cannot compare the usa or any country in europe because these countries formed naturally not by lumping. they were formed by free will and were together because they have a COMMON GOAL. ethnic groups in african countries DO NOT share a COMMON GOAL.

the way they were lumped together is a form of colonialism, that is, the larger and more populated ethnic group would swallow the smaller group.

africa would be great but it takes time. Nigeria is only 50 yrs old while britain is about 200yrs old and europe is even older than that.

@ topic

YES, I love being a nigerian. i believe in my country. i would go back there and help them out with my degree. i can never give up on my country or Africa as a whole.never!!!!.

do you love being in america as a second class citizen
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by Mobinga: 8:49pm On Nov 03, 2010
jason12345:

do you love being in america as a second class citizen
Thats where nigeria comes in.
Hell naw!!! Bloody racists
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by jason12345: 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2010
Mobinga:

no, its not racism. its called reality! i can assure you i am the least racist person you will ever met on the internet.

all i am tell you is that no matter how long you have spent in america, it does not mean you would be seen as equals. although, the whites try their best to be equal but not very white person would see you as equals. thats why they have a kkk cult.

anyway, if you support the unity of africa, i support it.

my brother is married to a zambian, my other brother is married to an hausa. so if thats, the point of the topic, i support it.
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2010
I've never regretted being a Nigerian.
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by aljharem(m): 11:59pm On Nov 03, 2010
Mobinga:

today i know u are an illitrate
what is racist about that
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by udezue(m): 12:32am On Nov 04, 2010
Whatever!!!!
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by MandingoII(m): 4:44am On Nov 04, 2010
very few replies in here.

so in reality you HATE being you?

Or are you ashamed of being you?

I'm just asking.
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:51am On Nov 04, 2010
Proudly 9ja!!
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 04, 2010
Naija for life pls.

The hippest, coolest, trendiest, and funkiest Africans are from Naija.

grin

When you spend some time at a Lagos party, you wouldn't wish to belong to any other nationality.

In fact, na Naija for life my guy. Forget!!!   wink  cool cool
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by bd1(m): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2010
MandingoII Why are you still posting here? You can do the most damage by being active in American politics. The republicans have been very open in terms of acting on Africans. They are looking to cut the budget. Lets start with aid to outside countries.
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by namfav(m): 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2010
there is nothing i am proud about with being nigerian
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by CrudeOil2(m): 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2010
Honestly, No.
Re: Do You Like Being Nigerian? by MandingoII(m): 12:49am On Nov 05, 2010
MandingoII Why are you still posting here? You can do the most damage by being active in American politics. The republicans have been very open in terms of acting on Africans. They are looking to cut the budget. Lets start with aid to outside countries.

They say your Elites take the U.S. funds and stuff it in their Swiss Bank accounts leaving your people high and dry and wanting.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pdp Govs May Back Jonathan On Single Tenure / EFCC Traces Fresh N2.5b To Accounts Of Pensions Officials / Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'igwe Robert Eze' Freed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.