Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,501 members, 7,861,436 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:19 PM

I Got Scammed 125k - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Got Scammed 125k (379 Views)

Hilarious Conversation Between A Scammer And The Person He Scammed / Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend / How I Got Scammed Of My Life Savings Of 15k By A Yahoo Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Scammed 125k by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2019
A well dressed gentleman came into my shop. He wanted to buy 4mm Nigerian wire and 100 watts flood light. I told him I didn't have the 4mm wire but I can get it for him. So he told me he was traveling to Abuja when he comes back he will come to my shop. I didn't suspect a thing cos he well dressed with a clean car. He even dressed better the day he came to buy the items he needed. I sold 4 floodlights, 4 2.5mm Nigerian wire and 2 4mm Nigerian wire. All the items summed up to 125 thousand naira. This man made a transfer and I confirmed my name before making the transfer. I didn't know it was a fake transfer. Up till now his number is not going through and I have a CCTV capture of his face. Pls if anyone have any info or recognize the guy pls let me know. I sell electrical fittings in owerri. Thank you

Re: I Got Scammed 125k by Davash222(m): 2:33pm On Sep 20, 2019
One of the detriments of internet banking.
Re: I Got Scammed 125k by kestolove95(m): 3:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
If I no see alert I no go let u leave my shop oo, if u like carry G-wagon come buy something of 5k, I must see alert e no consign me
Re: I Got Scammed 125k by psucc(m): 3:27pm On Sep 20, 2019
kestolove95:
If I no see alert I no go let u leave my shop oo, if u like carry G-wagon come buy something of 5k, I must see alert e no consign me
So you are also a potential prey. You will actually get alert from your "bank" but fake

So the best bait is to have a trusted person in your bank to manage the account. Once such transactions are made, simply put a call through so that the person confirms the genuineness of the transaction by logging into to account to confirm the latest transaction, or

you open your banks app on your phone and check through your last transactions.

Here, the scammer will tell you there is no time and leave.
Re: I Got Scammed 125k by Funkyswagzz(m): 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2019
kestolove95:

I have learnt my lessons
Re: I Got Scammed 125k by Wealthierboy(m): 4:07pm On Sep 20, 2019
Chai money way u suppose to give mama and papa
Re: I Got Scammed 125k by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2019
U think xe Gwork na only wen u scam oyibo
Re: I Got Scammed 125k by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2019
ikestephen:
U think xe Gwork na only wen u scam oyibo

Bro this guy is a pro at what he does. Even my friend that was around the first day he came didn't believe it. The built friendship with time. He is patient and very calculative. If I show u the video u will understand what it mean
Re: I Got Scammed 125k by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2019
Funkyswagzz:

Bro this guy is a pro at what he does. Even my friend that was around the first day he came didn't believe it. The built friendship with time. He is patient and very calculative. If I show u the video u will understand what it mean
true. Do u expect someone who intend to scam a whole 125k to be dump. He had already studied ur shop long b4 this operation.
Re: I Got Scammed 125k by Chidexter(m): 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2019
So sorry for ur loss bro, the man must have borrowed a car and other accesories to make him look rich. if u have money to spare u can take his pics to the police, try to get a bank app so u can access ur account directly next time.

(1) (Reply)

[3 Videos] Obaseke Must Come & Beg After Death Of Alleged Cultist In Auchi Poly / This UNILAG Lecturer/pastor Asks Students For Sex In Exchange For Marks - VIDEO / Who Really Killed Alex Badeh Amd Why Are His Alleged Killers Not In Court?’...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.