Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend (2606 Views)

Female Unizik Student Baths Colleague With Hot Water Over Hostel Cleaning Graphi / Photo Of The Woman That Scammed Over Half A Billion / Man Commits Suicide After A Colleague Lied Against Him & He Was Fired - Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by Officialgarri: 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2020
I'll refer to my colleague as Rita.
I'll like any reader to pay attention to each character and their roles so one won't fall victim

Background:

She met a dude (rich looking) on Facebook a month+ ago who claimed to be living in the US. They've never met in person but have been video chatting.
They will video chat till middle of the night and at a point I asked what they usually discussed.

The guy introduced a woman(in Nigeria) as his mother. Rita became so relaxed as she would discuss at length with this "mother-in-law-to be" over the phone.

The Preparation :

The dude claimed to have a daughter (who lives with his mother in Nigeria) whose biological mother is late. According to the guy, the little girl was told her mother was just away for a while and he would want Rita to claim she's the biological mother of the girl.

Well, y'all know how girls get aroused and let down their guard at the mention of "marriage"

Interestingly, a little girl called and was crying.
"Mummy, where have you been all along? Why did you leave me alone for so long? When are you coming to pick me?

Rita played along and promised the girl she would come pick her very soon.

Rita, for her mind, now had a mother in-law, a daughter and a rich American husband who was coming to take her abroad next month.

Infact, Rita's family are aware of their in-laws

The scam:

Last week Wednesday, at around 4am, the little girl started calling Rita repeatedly. She refused to pick up as she assumed her little girl was just bored. For an hour, the phone won't stop ringing so she decided to pick up.
The little girl was crying profusely. Armed robbers had purportedly invaded their home and before carting away valuables, her grandma was shot "twice in the chest" because she refused to disclose her ATM card pin.

Asked where the little girl was all the period, she said she was hiding in the wardrobe and had only sought help from neighbors by screaming after the robbers had left.

At dawn, a new character emerged. The Doctor.
The Doctor, over the phone, said he would not commence treatment until #300k (Three Hundred Thousand) was deposited into the hospital account.
Convincingly, Rita received a text containing an account number bearing the account name of an hospital.

All the while, Rita's Yankee fiance kept assuring her he would reimburse her and he was coming home by weekend to attend to the matter.

Gbam, Rita deposited #300k into hospital account.

Thursday, Rita had paid another #150k to hospital account.

Even though Rita's village people started warning her, Rita's mother said she could go ahead and deposit the next #70k on Friday.

Rita then became restless but her Fiance said he had paid $3000. When I checked my own calculator, on hearing the story, the value would be at about #1,080,000.
Rita has blown!!

Saturday morning, still thinking of what I would make of Rita's boobs, I saw her coming downstairs with her luggage.

She indeed received an alert worth $3000 and was heading to Owerri where she would board a flight to Kaduna. Her fiance is on his way to Nigeria.

Mind you, it was at this stage that I first got to know what was going on and that she had received a huge sum as compensation.

Well, last night, I put a call through to Rita and she was crying.
What happened? She's looking for transport fare to come back!!!!!
What about all the millions? It was fake alert! The bank has confirmed there was no transaction of such on her account.!!

1 Like

Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by Abboki: 6:27pm On Mar 16, 2020
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by KaideeGee(m): 6:29pm On Mar 16, 2020
Another award winning drama

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by Officialgarri: 6:32pm On Mar 16, 2020
The bank is willing to help as they said they could trace the Hospital account she has been paying money into.
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by ikh777: 6:35pm On Mar 16, 2020
Officialgarri:
embarassedy
I'll refer to my colleage as Rita.
I'll like any reader to pay attention to each character and their roles so one won't fall victim

Background:

She met a dude (rich looking) on Facebook a month+ ago who claimed to be living in the US. They've never met in person but have been video chatting.
They will video chat till middle of the night and at a point I asked what they usually discussed.

The guy introduced a woman(in Nigeria) as his mother. Rita became so relaxed as she would discuss at length with this "mother-in-law-to be" over the phone.

The Preparation :

The dude claimed to have a daughter (who lives with his mother in Nigeria) whose biological mother is late. According to the guy, the little girl was told her mother was just away for a while and he would want Rita to claim she's the biological mother of the girl.

Well, y'all know how girls get aroused and let down their guard at the mention of "marriage"

"Mummy, where have you been all along? Why did you leave me alone for so long? When are you coming to pick me?

Rita, for her mind, now had a mother in-law, a daughter and a rich American husband who was coming to take her abroad next month.

The scam:

Last week Wednesday, at around 4am, the little girl started calling Rita repeatedly. She refused to pick up as she assumed her little girl was just bored. For an hour, the phone won't stop ringing so she decided to pick up.
The little girl was crying profusely. Armed robbers had purportedly invaded their home and before carting away valuables, her grandma was shot "twice in the chest" because she refused to disclose her ATM card pin.

Asked where the little girl was all the period, she said she was hiding in the wardrobe and had only sought help from neighbors by screaming after the robbers had left.

The Doctor, over the phone, said he would not commence treatment until #300k (Three Hundred Thousand) was deposited into the hospital account.
Convincingly, Rita received a text containing an account number bearing the account name of an hospital.

All the while, Rita's Yankee fiance kept assuring her he would reimburse her and he was coming home by weekend to attend to the matter.

Even though Rita's village people started warning her, Rita's mother said she could go ahead and deposit the next #70k on Friday.

Rita then became restless but her Fiance said he had paid $3000. When I checked my own calculator, on hearing the story, the value would be at about #1,080,000.
Rita has blown!!

Saturday morning, still thinking of what I would make of Rita's boobs, I saw her coming downstairs with her luggage.

She indeed received an alert worth $3000 and was heading to Owerri where she would board a flight to Kaduna. Her fiance is on his way to Nigeria.

Mind you, it was at this stage that I first got to get to know what was going on and that she had received a huge sum as compensation.

What happened? She's looking for transport to come back!!!!!
What about all the millions? It was fake alert! The bank has confirmed there was no transaction of such on her account.!!

RITA IS WHAT WE CALL an OLODO.

she rejected all LEGIT NAIJA GUYS who are hustling and still keeping it real... THEN SHE BELIEVES FACEBOOK, hopefully keeps it a secret from friends who would have given her SENSE... abeg RITA WAS GREEDY.... and GREEDY PEOPLE NEED TO BE SCAMMED.

which kind of AUDIO COMMITMENT was she doing... A GUY YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ONE ON ONE.... its all a lie jare.

Pls what is the title of this MOVIE, I need disk one and two.

ONE MONTH ooooo, c'mon No NORMAL NAIJA LADY WILL FALL FOR THAT SO FAST. It is either a fake story or a movie OR she was jazzed.

3 Likes

Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by Officialgarri: 6:35pm On Mar 16, 2020
KaideeGee:
Another award winning drama

You know everything is always a joke to people like you, not until it hits you directly in the face

1 Like

Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by decatalyst(m): 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2020
Badly written piece!

"For an hour, the phone won't stop ringing so she decided to pick up."

I agree that mumu and bigots full this forum, but no be everybody sleep and face the same place.

What a joke!

9 Likes

Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by dominique(f): 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2020
People are still falling for this old scam?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by Officialgarri: 6:39pm On Mar 16, 2020
decatalyst:
Bad writing!!!

"The phone rang for an hour and she decided to pick" I agree that mumu and bigots full this forum, but no be everybody sleep and face the same place.

What a joke!
The experience is not meant for people like you who are so full of themselves.

I will be less surprised if you are paraded as a scammer since you are bent on convincing others it's a joke

3 Likes

Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by KaideeGee(m): 6:39pm On Mar 16, 2020
Officialgarri:

You know everything is always a joke to people like you, not until it hits you directly in the face

It not even worthy of being award winning
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by xperiencelove(m): 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
Oh my gosh! Accept my sympathy.
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by GboyegaD(m): 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2020
The guy played on her desperation to get a husband. She could involve FIU if she has much money to spend.
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by Officialgarri: 6:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
GboyegaD:
The guy played on her desperation to get a husband. She could involve FIU if she has much money to spend.

What's FIU please?
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by Ipromote: 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2020
Too bad
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by Gwagone: 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2020
WTF
Military format
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 16, 2020
d story sweet gan grin
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by Officialgarri: 7:49pm On Mar 16, 2020
NyenwePHC:
This story is very real and there are many dunce who out of desperation to settle down falls for it. Though, its common, but this particular one was made to look very plausible
Some idiots up there are claiming the story isn't real just so I don't get to expose their dubious hustle.

1 Like

Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by IgorSyka: 7:52pm On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

Some idiots up there are claiming the story isn't real just so I don't get to expose their dubious hustle.

[/s]
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by GboyegaD(m): 8:12pm On Mar 16, 2020
Officialgarri:

What's FIU please?

Not sure but it is either Fraud or Financial Investigation Unit. It's at Ikoyi.
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by IgorSyka: 8:22pm On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

What's FIU please?
[/s]
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by IgorSyka: 8:22pm On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

I will be less surprised if you are paraded as a scammer since you are bent on convincing others it's a joke
[/s]
[s]
Officialgarri:

[/s]
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by decatalyst(m): 3:18pm On Mar 17, 2020
Officialgarri:

Go and drink your 'officialgarri' maybe, just maybe your brain will start functioning!
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by Ritasnr(f): 8:56pm On Mar 23, 2020
It happened to me this morning but I thank God I didn't fall for his scam.I wonder how he did it with a small girl and an old Woman.I pray this guy meets his water loo soon
Officialgarri:
I'll refer to my colleague as Rita.

Background:

The Preparation :

The scam:

Rita has blown!!

Mind you, it was at this stage that I first got to know what was going on and that she had received a huge sum as compensation.

What happened? She's looking for transport fare to come back!!!!!

Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by Officialgarri: 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ritasnr:
It happened to me this morning but I thank God I didn't fall for his scam.I wonder how he did it with a small girl and an old Woman.I pray this guy meets his water loo soon
For how long had you been in contact with him before attempting to swindle you?
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by Ritasnr(f): 10:20pm On Mar 23, 2020
4 days ago.but he keep insisting I called his mother but I refused,his so called daughter called this morning crying that her grandmother fell down from stairs ,nxt is doctors call followed by account number.i ignored them .they later blocked me off calling me a witch.
Officialgarri:

Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by HacheNoire1: 3:17am On Mar 24, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

[/s]
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by Passionate888: 5:17am On Mar 24, 2020
Greed
Re: Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend by adecz: 6:20am On Mar 24, 2020
She lucky say dem no trick her
enter ritualists den, come use her
stubborn head join .

Mrs Americana wife!! cool cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help� I Was Defrauded Of #80,000 Early This Morning / Man Impregnates His 14-year-old Daughter, Invites Five Men To Sleep With Her / Sidechick Stab Father Of One To Death After Inviting Her To His Home (Pix/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.