Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,416 members, 7,836,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

What Part Of The Brain Is The Soul/mind Located? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Part Of The Brain Is The Soul/mind Located? (415 Views)

2.00 Cgpa You Got With Your Brain Is Far Better Than The 3.00 Cgpa You Got With / Schooling In Nigeria Does Damage To The Brain, Girl Says / Seun Osewa: The Brain Behind Nairaland Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Part Of The Brain Is The Soul/mind Located? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2019
https://brainerves.com/question/what-part-of-the-brain-is-the-soul-located/ lalasticlala

Where is the human soul located? Where is our mind? It is not uncommon to touch the heart region of the chest when we say, “in my mind”. But what we beat is the heart region of the body. So is the soul located in the human heart?

Let me start with the religious/traditional believe on the separation of the body and soul at the point of death. If the soul would depart from the body at death, it can only be logical to say it resides in the body during life. Where then is it located?

This controversy remained unresolved in Western medicine, during the 5th century BC, It was an intellectual struggle in determining whether the heart or the brain is the seat of intelligence. This controversy though came to an abrupt end with the acclamation of Hippocrates;

Men ought to know that from the brain, and from the brain alone, arise our pleasures, joys, laughter and jests, as well as our sorrows, pains, grieves and tears. Through it, in particular, we think, see, hear and distinguish the ugly from the beautiful, the bad from the good, the pleasant from the unpleasant… I hold that the brain is the most powerful organ of the human body… wherefore I assert that the brain is the interpreter of consciousness…’ (Hippocrates: On the sacred disease.)

This left us with one choice. The Brain! This further regenerated another argument. What part of the brain is responsible or coordinates the mind? What is responsible for human consciousness? If we have a soul, where is it located in the human brain?

Read full text...
https://brainerves.com/question/what-part-of-the-brain-is-the-soul-located/

1 Like

Re: What Part Of The Brain Is The Soul/mind Located? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
Informative. Thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: What Part Of The Brain Is The Soul/mind Located? by Aegerine: 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2019
BraiNerves:
https://brainerves.com/question/what-part-of-the-brain-is-the-soul-located/ lalasticlala

Where is the human soul located? Where is our mind? It is not uncommon to touch the heart region of the chest when we say, “in my mind”. But what we beat is the heart region of the body. So is the soul located in the human heart?

Let me start with the religious/traditional believe on the separation of the body and soul at the point of death. If the soul would depart from the body at death, it can only be logical to say it resides in the body during life. Where then is it located?

This controversy remained unresolved in Western medicine, during the 5th century BC, It was an intellectual struggle in determining whether the heart or the brain is the seat of intelligence. This controversy though came to an abrupt end with the acclamation of Hippocrates;

Men ought to know that from the brain, and from the brain alone, arise our pleasures, joys, laughter and jests, as well as our sorrows, pains, grieves and tears. Through it, in particular, we think, see, hear and distinguish the ugly from the beautiful, the bad from the good, the pleasant from the unpleasant… I hold that the brain is the most powerful organ of the human body… wherefore I assert that the brain is the interpreter of consciousness…’ (Hippocrates: On the sacred disease.)

This left us with one choice. The Brain! This further regenerated another argument. What part of the brain is responsible or coordinates the mind? What is responsible for human consciousness? If we have a soul, where is it located in the human brain?

Read full text...

The soul is not located in the human brain as posited in your write up. A very good attempt at intellectual probing though.

Yes the soul depart from the body at the point of death, and that is the simple definition of death. Separation between the soul and the body.

The soul is a very powerful entity that get attached to the body at some point during the foetal stage of existence, and runs through the entire framework cutting deeper into nerves and penetrating all veins, muscles, cells and bones in the body.

Look at it at this way, when for instance, a certain part of the body, for example the leg is severed from the rest, the body experience severe pain and agony. The reason is because the portion of the soul that powers that part of the body has been severed from the rest of the entire soul. But the remaining portion of the soul is still able to survive and carry on with life activities because of the extreme power possessed by the soul. After some time, we say that part of the body has died. Therefore, when such a person is dying at the end of his/her life span, that part of the body does not experience death again, because it has experienced its own earlier when the person was still alive.. That proves to you that the soul transcend the totality of the living being make up.

Having made it known that the soul resides in the body, it should as well be established that it is a spiritual entity that cannot be seen with the naked eyes. The dying feels it coming out of their body with so much tremor and agitation at the last moment of life, and the recently dead observes and sees it takes it final leaves. But it effects such as sorrow, joy, anger and other emotions emanating from within it can be observed and felt in this world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Part Of The Brain Is The Soul/mind Located? by dprpikin: 12:59am On Sep 21, 2019
BraiNerves:

Read full text...

Look at it this way; the body/brain is the hardware, while the soul/mind is the software.

Like in a computer set, no body can physically locate the software, but it most definitely regulates the whole function of the computer. That we cannot see it with our naked eye on the chips and panels of the computer doesn't render it inexistent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Part Of The Brain Is The Soul/mind Located? by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 21, 2019
Read Plato's Theory Of Forms.

(1) (Reply)

Guiness Scholarship For Graduate Engineers On Ngsdp Training With Naptin / Nigerian Girl Emerges Overall Best Graduate In Hungarian University / Mass Disengagement : Ekiti Varsity Lecturer Drops Dead On Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.